Nav Update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Nav Update

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Nav Update

Anybody know what the latest news is on MyGig (Good to get a knowledgeable dealer response if possible)

Has anybody received MyGig (pics please)?

Alternatives please (including pics please)?

Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
wvextremist

2007 JK Wrangler 

The news is not good
My gig is on hold indefinatly (sp)
The main alternative is the pioneer AvicZ1
for pics you can go to pioneer
or http://forum.jkboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1148 for pics installed in a jk

There are people with mygig on order I was one of them but DC called my dealer and told them if I wanted my jeep to cancel the mygig on the order...

However nellamore23 on this forum has one that is supposed to be built with mygig so I don't know

I just couldn't wait any longer so I removed Mygig from my order and will probably go with the pioneer unit

'07 JKU-- RESCUE GREEN
Sahara, 6 spd,
Tow pkg,
Ltd Slip
UPGRADES:
Rubi Tires and Wheels,
Shrockworks Stubby Front Bumper, and sliders
Sway Bar Disco's,
OME HD Lift kit
Smittybuilt Winch,
River Raider Snorkle,
Aftermarket MyGIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBastard
Aliens will cost you alot of money..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloughlin
...turn up the volume as loud as you want (and possibly blow the carp out of your speakers)...
wvextremist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

I removed MyGig under advice from regional DCX rep on Monday also.

I had read that some dealers are telling people MyGig is available again. I find this hard to believe and can only assume its Sales-Speak to close deals.

BTW, links in your AboutMe section are bad. Where in WV are you?
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
wvextremist

2007 JK Wrangler 

Beckley....

'07 JKU-- RESCUE GREEN
Sahara, 6 spd,
Tow pkg,
Ltd Slip
UPGRADES:
Rubi Tires and Wheels,
Shrockworks Stubby Front Bumper, and sliders
Sway Bar Disco's,
OME HD Lift kit
Smittybuilt Winch,
River Raider Snorkle,
Aftermarket MyGIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBastard
Aliens will cost you alot of money..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloughlin
...turn up the volume as loud as you want (and possibly blow the carp out of your speakers)...
wvextremist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
Nellamore23

Mine was shipped on Feb 9'th and is currently on the rail making it's way to my dealership. I'll update everyone as soon as I pick it up. It was ordered with MyGig on Jan 11'th.
Nellamore23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellamore23
Mine was shipped on Feb 9'th and is currently on the rail making it's way to my dealership. I'll update everyone as soon as I pick it up. It was ordered with MyGig on Jan 11'th.
We are all anxiously awaiting your pics. In fact, you could sell tickets for the showing at this point.....

On further thought, you might want to change your address to a different state, or we might be coming...
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #7
Nellamore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyoferin
We are all anxiously awaiting your pics. In fact, you could sell tickets for the showing at this point.....

On further thought, you might want to change your address to a different state, or we might be coming...

When the dealership called to tell me it's going to have MyGig they said "we're all just excited as you are to see it. We can't wait to play with it"

Now.......all that said. There will probably be an 'IOU' sticker where the unit should be
Unread 02-23-2007, 07:17 AM   #8
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

When the dealership called to tell me it's going to have MyGig they said "we're all just excited as you are to see it. We can't wait to play with it"

Now.......all that said. There will probably be an 'IOU' sticker where the unit should be
Should be exciting as according to some people on these boards (incl. Dealers) its not possible for your Jeep to have MyGig in it. This is on their assumption there is actually a technical issue with MyGig and not just supply and demand issues.

We are all routing for you and insanely jealous at the same time.
Unread 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
2007UnlimitedNJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Harmon Problem?

Any word yet? I heard the hold up with the radio is from Harmon (the radio manufacturer).
2007UnlimitedNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #10
Nellamore23

My Jeep was placed back in storage...Due to MyGig. I canceled my order tonight and will be picking up an Unlimited Sahara (soft-top) tomorrow

I'll get an aftermarket navigation system. I'm sick of waiting...It's been 2 months already.
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:56 AM   #11
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My Jeep was placed back in storage...Due to MyGig. I canceled my order tonight and will be picking up an Unlimited Sahara (soft-top) tomorrow

I'll get an aftermarket navigation system. I'm sick of waiting...It's been 2 months already.
We are all disappointed for you and were looking forward to seeing your pics.

Please let us know what after-market Nav you pick and your experiences as many of us had been hanging on for MyGig also.
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #12
wareagleinmd

Mine is supposed to be shipped on Friday, the 9th with MyGig. I will advise if it is actually shipped. It was built last week.

My dealer alleges that the Mygig has had serious problems and mine will be one of the first in the country with it......So far he has been honest but we will see if it actually ships.

I will go ahead and wait out any delays as I am in no particular hurry and I want to get exactly the options I ordered in addition to MyGig anyway.
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #13
plyzie

Mine was shipped on Monday (03/05/2007). I should be receiving it soon as I live in Michigan which is close to Toledo, Ohio. I will of course post some pics as soon as it arrives and I finish dinking around with it.
plyzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
Chip 7857

I'm getting the built in Garmin Trailblazer. I was told that I could order the My Gig, but the dealer had no idea when it would be available. Here is the info:

As Versatile as the Jeep® Wrangler®

The Trail Guide is a highly versatile Garmin-built GPS navigation system designed for the Jeep Wrangler. It was first unveiled in 2005 at Camp Jeep, an international gathering of Jeep enthusiasts.

The Trail Guide is mounted on the Wrangler’s dashboard in a sleek custom cradle that provides power and audible voice prompts through powerful dedicated speakers that are easy to hear even at highway speeds with the top down. For on-foot adventures, simply snap the unit out of the cradle for handheld GPS navigation.

Loaded with detailed, street-level maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, the Trail Guide contains nearly six million points of interest—including gas stations, lodging, restaurants, attractions, and Jeep service facilities and dealers. The Trail Guide boasts other premium automotive navigation capabilities—like a high-resolution color TFT display, automatic route calculation, and turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions—at a price that is significantly less than most built-in navigation systems.

The unit is completely waterproof and has an internal lithium-ion battery, providing up to 20 hours of use outside the cradle for hiking, biking, camping, or fishing. The unique antenna folds flush with the unit when not in use for maximum compactness. The unit also accepts Garmin’s MapSource® U.S. Topo data for off-road adventures.

Jeep dealers can install the Trail Guide in any Wrangler model, year 1997 or later. See your Jeep dealer for pricing and availability.
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
boidy7

i'm getting that installed as we speak!! woo hoo
boidy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.