Is the Nav System worth it? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
JC_

Is the Nav System worth it?

Anyone here that actually has used the Nav system feel free to reply or offer up a good substitute for the same or less money.

Thanks, JC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-22-2006, 08:47 PM
T-man
2007 JK Wrangler 

The NAV system is not out so probably nobody has used it on this board. It is a late delivery option but no firm dates. One source I talked to thinks the MyGig/NAV/DCD system will be available sometime in December, about a week before Christmas. I'm looking forward to getting it. Here's some good info on it and you can decide if you like the features:
http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1270
post #3 of 17 Old 10-22-2006, 08:56 PM
bw1128

im going to get the pioneer n3. i have a hookup at bestbuy!!!

post #4 of 17 Old 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
JC_

Great link T-man. Thanks for the info.

I visited the dealer today and was told that it would be Dec before they could order the nav system and prob another 8-10 weeks to get the Rubicon in due to the sway bar shortage...
post #5 of 17 Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
bw1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_
Great link T-man. Thanks for the info.

I visited the dealer today and was told that it would be Dec before they could order the nav system and prob another 8-10 weeks to get the Rubicon in due to the sway bar shortage...
sway bar shortage, thats news to me, they told you 8 to 10 weeks for the rubi, is that for the 2 or 4 door?
post #6 of 17 Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
bobhaverford

Don't know the cost of the Wrangler Nav system, but unless it's under $750 I would purchase the Nuvi 660 which is the best Nav system solution available today IMO. I saw it a couple of days ago at Amazon for around $750 but noticed it has gone up in price to $850. Prices are falling rapidly.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worse than war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill
post #7 of 17 Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
ToolFan

Wow, I would get it because I am a music freak and I like the fact of downloading music and pictures. Any nav system really helps resale value.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
radioman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhaverford
Don't know the cost of the Wrangler Nav system, but unless it's under $750 I would purchase the Nuvi 660 which is the best Nav system solution available today IMO. I saw it a couple of days ago at Amazon for around $750 but noticed it has gone up in price to $850. Prices are falling rapidly.
The new 2007 Wrangler, Nitro and Sebring radios are the next generation can bus. They are referred to as 'fast can' or 'can bus II'. They are not interchangeable with the current can bus radios in the LX's, WK's, XK's etc. I would guess they may not be compatible with any of the current aftermarket units yet.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
jam75944

ha, my ny dealer is getting rubis in left and right.. i ordered a sahara and they got it in 2.5 weeks!
post #10 of 17 Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
JC_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw1128
sway bar shortage, thats news to me, they told you 8 to 10 weeks for the rubi, is that for the 2 or 4 door?
I am intersted in the 4 door and it was actually the sway bar disconect according to the email I recieved from Jeep Warehouse. The local dealer that I quoted above said Sway Bar, not Sway Bar Disconnect but perhaps he was mistaken... I believe I will be buying from Jeepwarehouse as they seem to have their act together. The local dealer I talked to above had to make a call to his boss to find out what MyGig was... I asked a few tech questions with no luck at all...
Quote:
Josh,

Welcome to Jeep Warehouse.

The 4 Dr. Rubicon you submitted (JW96486) is all correct.
Jeep has pushed back the availability of the NAV system to mid December.
It should show up in the order system around the first of that month.
NAV will add $1399 to the Warehouse price and include Sirius, so the $172 will be deducted.

So far Rubicon production has been spotty. The factory has had a material shortage on the sway bar disconnect that is standard on that model. The other '07 Wranglers are now coming through in 4-6 weeks, but I would allow 8-10 for a Rubicon. If the disconnect supply improves it could be quicker.

I honor any of the factory discount programs and rebates. Please let me know your relationship with Chrysler. I'll have to go through the factory order system to get you the proper employee pricing.

Please check the FAQ button on the site for order information.
If you have any questions e-mail or phone me at (800) 339-7708, option 6.
My hours vary, but I am always available 11-6 everyday except Wednesdays.

Thanks for visiting Jeep Warehouse.

Bill Shoemaker
Sales Manager
www.jeepwarehouse.com
(800) 339-7708 option 6
post #11 of 17 Old 10-31-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
JC_

Heck with it. I am tired of waiting already... I will get an aftermarket system. What are the best, non-flip up units out there? Offroad/Topo Maps would be a huge plus.
post #12 of 17 Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Rutcutter

Man im wanting one REAL bad but I want the Nav... Im intersted in other options as I doubt I'll be able to hold out that long..

08 Rubi wanted
post #13 of 17 Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM
parkstephen

Try this...i may go this route as i'm not sure i want to wait..plus, it has the ipod and back up camera option...

http://forum.jkboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1148

this guy did a GREAT job. The unit is on eBay for 1300-1500ish.

later
post #14 of 17 Old 11-01-2006, 04:08 AM
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_
Heck with it. I am tired of waiting already... I will get an aftermarket system. What are the best, non-flip up units out there? Offroad/Topo Maps would be a huge plus.
I don't think you're going to find an in-dash unit with offroad/topo capability. There just isn't a market for that funtionality in an in-dash player.

If you want/need that feature, you'd be better off with a Garmin unit or something similar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be Savvy someday!
post #15 of 17 Old 11-01-2006, 10:04 AM
bw1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkstephen
Try this...i may go this route as i'm not sure i want to wait..plus, it has the ipod and back up camera option...

http://forum.jkboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1148

this guy did a GREAT job. The unit is on eBay for 1300-1500ish.

later
thats what i want to do to mine, but i wonder how much install would be if you have to fabricate stuff. i love the pioneer z1!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.