Nates 4x4 bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Nates 4x4 bumper

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 04-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nates 4x4 bumper

OK, so we got the bumper done today.Body lift might be Monday if I have time. The garage is supposed to be getting wired up for the new welder which will get sliders going for this project build.Mind you this is my buddies but he is letting me build it for him as I have the skills, tools and know what it takes to make it through the PNW.

Any hoot, it's a Nates 4x4 bumer and was $360 plus shipping. Pretty nice bumper for the cabbage and is set for a winch when he wants. We used self etching primer, Duplicolor bed liner and semi-flat paint. Old bumper came off easily and this was a direct fit.
ready to go:

close up:

over-all shot:

I'm pretty impressed and for the money it will serve well. Slowly getting this thing ready for a good wheeling session this fall. More to follow on this build.

bryans98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I like it, but I would have mounted the plate lower, right between the fog lights.
Unread 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
I like it, but I would have mounted the plate lower, right between the fog lights.
Eventually that will happen. Right not it is just attached to the fairlead mount since there is no winch. Nate also doesn't put holes there so they will heve to be drilled. Oh and the bolts are going to be painted too so there is no bling.
Unread 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

looks good, what kinda winch you goin with?

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights
Unread 04-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure what kind of winch. Warn would be my first choice but i'm not the one footing the bill. I have a MM and have been very happy.
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #6
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

can you do me a favor and bury the jeep in about 30" of mud, then pull it out with the clevis mounts? i like the bumper, but those recovery points look a bit close to the ends...
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Thats not to bad for the $$$.
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Me
can you do me a favor and bury the jeep in about 30" of mud, then pull it out with the clevis mounts? i like the bumper, but those recovery points look a bit close to the ends...
I'm sure I could but it's not my Jeep. They are full weld though on 3/16" plate and trussed. It's pretty stout.
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
X2elite

So....... Where do i buy this Nates 4x4 bumper? I really dig the look of that bumper over alot of the other ones i have seen.
X2elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Direct link:
http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/prod...products_id=70

My buddy didn't get the hardware kit for $25. Went to Home Depot and bought all needed bolts for $14 instead. They were 1/2" dia x 4" though we could have easily gone with 3.5" instead.
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Sweet bumper. Not a bad price either. I agree with you regarding painting the bolts. I also agree about the plate, but may look better up there for now until you get the winch perhaps??? The winch plate may look funnier without the winch installed.

I hate that Texas forces us to install front plates. DPS loves to pull us over for that one too. A quick $80 for them.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

is that a stock height jeep? i like that bumper esp for the price, it be nice if htey made one a little narrower though
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Ya! A stubby.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #14
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY
is that a stock height jeep? i like that bumper esp for the price, it be nice if htey made one a little narrower though
The Jeep is sitting on a Full Traction 2" BB (getting a 1"BL later this week if I get to it) and 305s (33s). It sits Higher then my TJ on 33s right now and only droped the fron end less then 1/2". It's a pretty stout piece. I will start building rockers for it later this month.
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #15
j.Russ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

instead of drilling holes why not just weld two nuts to attach the plate. You could red locktite them and not have to worry about it.
j.Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.