MYGIG vs. QUEST 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG vs. QUEST 2

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 11-08-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
rlj

MYGIG vs. QUEST 2

Getting ready to order or purchase a Sahara and definitely want the navigation option and was curious about the pro's and con's of having the built in Navigation or the Quest 2 unit. The Quest unit looks like it has a lot of great features and plus I could use it in the ZJ however it may not be as clean looking as the built in unit......does anyone have any experience with either unit?

rlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
rlj

Never mind.....just saw the post a few pages back which answered some of my questions.

Here is the link from the earlier post describing the MYGIG.......
http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1270
Unread 11-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
shredX

Hmmm.... after reading that detailed description, I'm leaning back towards the Mygig. I wonder how long until they're available as a stand alone part?
[COLOR="White"]07 JK Unlimited X ~ Stone White & grey int ~ 4X4 ~ Trac-loc LSD ~ Tow w/ 4.10 ~ Power package ~ S package ~ Freedom Top ~ 16x7 w/ BFG AT 265/75/R16 ~ base radio w/ Sirius Sportster ~ Thule rack [/COLOR]
shredX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think the biggest advantage the Quest 2 has over the MyGig is it's portable. You can use it any vehicle, while hiking, etc. Plus it's waterproof.

Also, you can do the routes sitting at the computer. I don't know about anyone else, but if I had to sit in my car to plan a full cross country trip with numerous trails I would go nuts.

Granted that's just the NAV portion only. The MyGig does have other features that makes it nice, but to me it's still way over priced for what you get.
Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
rlj

Just talked to a leading dealer, actually a good one, outside of Atlanta and he said that the MYGIG has been pushed back to January if not a few weeks longer, so if anyone orders a JK with MYGIG, be prepared to wait...........
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
rjm2786
2010 JK Wrangler 

The MyGig option is not even available anymore on the equip and price at Jeep.com.
rjm2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
Desert Dog

They still have it for the Dodge Nitro, So my guess is it will atleast be available for purchase from the dealer and then you can install it yourself, MSRP prolly under $2,000???

http://www.dodge.com/en/nitro/interi...?feature=mygig
Desert Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.