MyGig / UConnect - Confused - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig / UConnect - Confused

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
M12

MyGig / UConnect - Confused

Just ordered a new '09 Unlimited (hasn't arrived yet) and am a bit confused. I read through all of the MyGig threads (including the sticky thread) am hoping to have some clarification. I've listed a few of the questions I'm hoping to have answered. Sorry in advance if any of this is redundant based on other posts, just trying to get the most up to date information since some answers seem to be based off old firmware etc.

1. Can someone confirm that UConnect is indeed still disabled on the '09 Unlimited?

2. I've read all about LockPick etc, but it sounds like if all I'm looking for is UConnect the dealer should be able to now use the Activation Tool to enable that correct? Is that the same as going through the menu options to enable it?

3. There are two parts on Mopar which include the microphone. The one is just the stand alone MyGig microphone (part #82211743) which is only 41.00. The other is the Hands Free Bluetooth Car Kit's. They have three options there, two say its not for an RER MyGig but the other doesn't say. Is that for the RER? Would it serve anymore purpose than the standalone microphone?

4. In one of the most recent firmware updates it mentions "Enable Wrangler microphone for UConnect and Voice Recognition". Does that mean this firmware enables it by default if a microphone is attached without an activation tool or menu selection?

Again, sorry if I am reposting anything previously posted. I read through all 39 pages of the sticky for MyGig and was still confused which answers still applied based on the newest firmware and what benefits LockPick had for just UConnect (if the dealers now will turn the option on).

Thanks in advance!

M12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.