Mygig NTG4 RER 2013 wrangler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mygig NTG4 RER 2013 wrangler?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 09-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mygig NTG4 RER 2013 wrangler?

Good day people!!
I just purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Going to pick her up on Friday coming (the 13th!!!)
I am trading my 2008 Liberty in on her. I am taking my MYGIG NTG4 RER out before i trade her in. I dont know the firmware that is on her at present.
BUT is this MYGIG compatible to the new 2013 wranglers?

ianmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

It should work, but I believe the Sirius and GPS antenna connectors have changed in the 2011+ models and are now merged. You'll want to make sure you take the GPS antenna with your unit.
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick reply. And yes I have that already done.
What about the steering wheel functions?
And what exactly is the Connectivity Group package?
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

No idea about the steering wheel. Since the RHR replaced the RER for 2011, it's more than likely the RER isn't designed to accept any input from the steering wheel. You'll find out when you plug it in.

The Connectivity Group package includes the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center), voice command input via the microphone that's located in the top left corner of the A-pillar (dumb location, too), and added steering wheel buttons to operate the EVIC. The EVIC allows you to configure vehicle options, such as headlight timing after the key is pulled, how long the radio stays on, tire pressure info, display station names, etc.

It's kinda nifty, but Jeep is just now starting to actually utilize it in a smart way. The EVIC should have displayed all this stuff and more when it debuted in the Wrangler in 2011.
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am hoping that it does but like you said I guess I will find out when I hook it all up
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Any tutorials on how to take the stereo out of the 2013 jeep Wrangler unlimited?
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Zetar

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedwards
Any tutorials on how to take the stereo out of the 2013 jeep Wrangler unlimited?
I used this link.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

It says 2012 (I have a 2013, too) but it is the same.

-z
Zetar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.