Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
rgt75
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit?

I'm lost..... I've read the giant Mygig thread and cant figure out if I am just unlucky or if I need to buy something besides the $40 mic to get the Uconnect working. I have the REN unit and the way I understood the threads I read was that as long as you had the latest software update the uconnect feature should work. Anyone know if this is true.

Again I have the REN non navigation unit and I have the mic kit. Any help is appreciated

rgt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

Non nav needs the complete UConnect kit which is part number 82211004AB. Now, the bad news, no matter the efforts I went to, I never could get the REN and UConnect to work. I had Uconnect working with my old 6 disc radio (which takes the same kit), but whenever I hooked up the REN, I would get a "Not Equipped with UConnect" message. After 3 days at 2 different dealerships, I gave up, sold the REN, UConnect kit, and 6 disc to buy a RER nav unit and it works flawlessly with the mic kit.

I think dsy on here got his working by adding the NavTV Allgig, but that's about $200ish dollars, so add that on top of a $225 UConnect kit and you're looking at serious bucks to get it all working.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSport View Post
Non nav needs the complete UConnect kit which is part number 82211004AB. Now, the bad news, no matter the efforts I went to, I never could get the REN and UConnect to work. I had Uconnect working with my old 6 disc radio (which takes the same kit), but whenever I hooked up the REN, I would get a "Not Equipped with UConnect" message. After 3 days at 2 different dealerships, I gave up, sold the REN, UConnect kit, and 6 disc to buy a RER nav unit and it works flawlessly with the mic kit.

I think dsy on here got his working by adding the NavTV Allgig, but that's about $200ish dollars, so add that on top of a $225 UConnect kit and you're looking at serious bucks to get it all working.
Yep my REN works fine with the addtion of the ALLGig usb. I could not get the uconnect to work with out it. I already had the uconnect module from the six disk radio so the extra $ to have the vid in motion also for my passengers on long trips was worth it.
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.