Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dsy 
#1 ·
I'm lost..... I've read the giant Mygig thread and cant figure out if I am just unlucky or if I need to buy something besides the $40 mic to get the Uconnect working. I have the REN unit and the way I understood the threads I read was that as long as you had the latest software update the uconnect feature should work. Anyone know if this is true.

Again I have the REN non navigation unit and I have the mic kit. Any help is appreciated :)

#2 ·
Non nav needs the complete UConnect kit which is part number 82211004AB. Now, the bad news, no matter the efforts I went to, I never could get the REN and UConnect to work. I had Uconnect working with my old 6 disc radio (which takes the same kit), but whenever I hooked up the REN, I would get a "Not Equipped with UConnect" message. After 3 days at 2 different dealerships, I gave up, sold the REN, UConnect kit, and 6 disc to buy a RER nav unit and it works flawlessly with the mic kit.

I think dsy on here got his working by adding the NavTV Allgig, but that's about $200ish dollars, so add that on top of a $225 UConnect kit and you're looking at serious bucks to get it all working.

#3 ·
Yep my REN works fine with the addtion of the ALLGig usb. I could not get the uconnect to work with out it. I already had the uconnect module from the six disk radio so the extra $ to have the vid in motion also for my passengers on long trips was worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.