Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
rgt75
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit?

I'm lost..... I've read the giant Mygig thread and cant figure out if I am just unlucky or if I need to buy something besides the $40 mic to get the Uconnect working. I have the REN unit and the way I understood the threads I read was that as long as you had the latest software update the uconnect feature should work. Anyone know if this is true.

Again I have the REN non navigation unit and I have the mic kit. Any help is appreciated

rgt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

Non nav needs the complete UConnect kit which is part number 82211004AB. Now, the bad news, no matter the efforts I went to, I never could get the REN and UConnect to work. I had Uconnect working with my old 6 disc radio (which takes the same kit), but whenever I hooked up the REN, I would get a "Not Equipped with UConnect" message. After 3 days at 2 different dealerships, I gave up, sold the REN, UConnect kit, and 6 disc to buy a RER nav unit and it works flawlessly with the mic kit.

I think dsy on here got his working by adding the NavTV Allgig, but that's about $200ish dollars, so add that on top of a $225 UConnect kit and you're looking at serious bucks to get it all working.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSport View Post
Non nav needs the complete UConnect kit which is part number 82211004AB. Now, the bad news, no matter the efforts I went to, I never could get the REN and UConnect to work. I had Uconnect working with my old 6 disc radio (which takes the same kit), but whenever I hooked up the REN, I would get a "Not Equipped with UConnect" message. After 3 days at 2 different dealerships, I gave up, sold the REN, UConnect kit, and 6 disc to buy a RER nav unit and it works flawlessly with the mic kit.

I think dsy on here got his working by adding the NavTV Allgig, but that's about $200ish dollars, so add that on top of a $225 UConnect kit and you're looking at serious bucks to get it all working.
Yep my REN works fine with the addtion of the ALLGig usb. I could not get the uconnect to work with out it. I already had the uconnect module from the six disk radio so the extra $ to have the vid in motion also for my passengers on long trips was worth it.
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.