MYGIG Database Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #91
xsdbs

WOW dude, what makes you think that I was talking about "This Guy" (Ron Burgundy)?
Gee, yes I know that these devices are a bit complex and that people need help with them. Maybe that's why I offer quite a bit of help on several forums and in fact I am in "this area" because people with radios other than Harman units are here also looking for help. I am not talking about the length of a post, heck some of mine are quite long also but they answer questions as well as explain how an issue is being caused. I am talking more about how you make a post, submit it and then within minutes post again with a continued path of thought from the previous post instead of simply editing the previous posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
Wow That was Rude Dude....This Guy, the one with so many Post, has helped Sooooooo Many people including myself in the beginning of the MyGig and since You just need to know how to turn the Volume knob to get Volume, Why are you even in this area, wasting your time with this Complex Device if it is A simple one for you?
That Box with a Light in it that you are staring at, I take it that you don't keep it up to Date and just installed a Volume knob on it and made it worry free?
These Units are more Involved and with no Help from Chrysler, 90 percent of MyGig Owners would be have no idea or have had help getting their iCrap phones and updated software on this units working if it wasn't for These Looooooooooong Post.....There was a Site we were able to have it all and nothing else except these Multi-thousand dollar machines to talk about, share software updates from Harman Kardon (Harman Becker) and be able to enjoy what we paid for.....

xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #92
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by en480c4 View Post
Well, I've burned iso's from multiple sources of both the 23.xx update and 33.xx update and the radio won't do anything with them. It recognizes them as data, but just says "STOPPED" and won't initialize the update procedure. There was no issue going from 08.xx to 10.xx.

I was told by someone else that I needed at least 15.xx for 33.xx to install. I don't know if he is correct, but I do know that I don't seem to be able to upgrade from from 10.xx to either 23.xx or 33.xx, nor could I from 08.xx. Oh well...

I really do appreciate the help... I hope I can get to the bottom of this.
What is this version number 23. xx...I don't see that number in any posts etc....where did you get that version?
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #93
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
What is this version number 23. xx...I don't see that number in any posts etc....where did you get that version?
To be honest, I don't remember. I'll have to take a look and see. I can't DL the files @ work, so when I found a bunch of .iso files during lunch, I emailed the links home and DL'd them after work. It's the update that includes the Sirius Traffic Link. I saw a number of people successfully update from 20.xx.xx with it.

I went back and re-read the TSB info you posted and didn't see anything that excluded my radio. So I guess I'm SOL until I find something new.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #94
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post

SirCody,
Thanks for your involvement, you're doing a great job
I was about to give up on this site until you posted a kind word. That is what this site is all about, getting up to 99% of your questions answered/found and when i have found something i need, I like to return the favor twice fold. Again Thank You and this has been a First for all the Forums I visit on a Daily Basis. Not just speaking of a nice comment to me but I have never read a Moderator speak as kind as this Moderator has. Without members there is no Forum, Great Job to keep spirits up in a Forum. Thank you
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #95
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

I would not try updating an RBZ from 10.x.x or lower, directly to anything 20.x.x or higher. In my experience, it doesn't work and can lead to some uncomfortable situations. I am guessing there is an intermediary that is required. Something around 12-18.x.x. I don't know for sure, this is only my experience. I do not wish to mislead anyone here!

Folks who have 20.x.x can jump up to 23 or higher .x.x

Cheers

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #96
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Hoping a mod has time this week, to clean up a page or two of communication here, the last few pages can use some raking.

Thx for you time and energy.
Hey Ron...Sorry...I removed all that it would let me remove, lol, was hoping I could help him out but can't delete them so it's just less that has to be raked...LOL...Thanks for all your Hard work over the Years....lol ..

And I hope I didn't make anything harder for the Moderator....
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #97
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

NO WORRIES at all!
YDM.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #98
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
I would not try updating an RBZ from 10.x.x or lower, directly to anything 20.x.x or higher. In my experience, it doesn't work and can lead to some uncomfortable situations. I am guessing there is an intermediary that is required. Something around 12-18.x.x. I don't know for sure, this is only my experience. I do not wish to mislead anyone here!

Folks who have 20.x.x can jump up to 23 or higher .x.x

Cheers
That's what I gather... Unfortunately with mofv down, I can't find an .iso for anything between. And I feel like I don't have anywhere else to look. So if anyone casually reading this thread have one of those releases and can throw it up on dropbox or something like that, it would be much appreciated.
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #99
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

SOX usually has them All, and on his MyDrive for that unit, this is only ones..

RB2 10.00.11.iso ......... 14.2 MB.............................. 17/07/2012
RBZ8.5.ISO.......... 16.0 MB ........................................15/12/2010
RHB-RBZ-RB2-33-01-23.iso..........67.4 MB ................. 14/12/2012

But this isn't anything you need right?
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #100
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Right... I have all of those. I also have one intermediate, 23.xx.xx I think, but can't make the jump from 10.xx.xx. I hoped his MyDrive would have the missing link, so to speak, but I didn't see it anywhere.
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #101
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can go to were all the Updates for MyGig are stored for public use here if you want to look.....maybe i missed it....

www.mydrive.ch

USER Name: mygig@soxag

PASSWORD: gasolio
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #102
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey....What version Number is it?....LOL.......LOL...See I have a Bad Habit of doing this. If it is Downloadable, Anything I come across, I mean ANYTHING, that's how I have Knowledge...lol.....Well Anyway...I think I have all of everything...I'm going thr 5 Ext Drives.....LOL
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #103
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

I did see the link to his site. Unfortunately he didn't have anything between 10 & 33.

I was told I need 15.xx.xx to be able to upload to anything current. So that's been my goal, but I'd certainly be willing to try anything a few releases one way or the other.
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #104
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

No ISO yet..but found TSB on the Unit....RBZ? right?
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #105
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok...don't take anything I ask or say to offense, cause it will be just fast questions and to the point....
1. Who said their is a 15xxxxx Version.....
2Version you are on now..
3.Do you have the Part Number of your Radio, white label on top...

Those numbers they tell you look very close the the actually Service bulletin numbers....
Example:

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-051-11, DATED AUGUST 20,
2011, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE
HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO
REQUEST RADIO THEFT CODES IN DEALERCONNECT.

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.