MYGIG Database Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Please Correct these incorrect details that say they were a Overhaul and still wrong:

Quote: (This thread got major overhaul today.

The first and second post has a lot of updated and new info.
There isn't enough room in the 1st post so a lot was moved to the 2nd.

Topics added:

Two YOUTUBES added for summary of how the install works with 07-10 JKs.
2011 GARMIN RER.
2011 GARMIN RERs have a new GPS + SAT antenna set up.
Using a 2007-2010 RER in a 2011 JK, how to do it.
Software updates.
iPhone software updates.
RBZ.
2011 RBZ part number now available.)
....Correct Facts= There is no such creature named Garmin RER....Again, There is no such thing as a RER with Garmin...
FACTS: They are still Called MyGig,,,
RER 730 was Replaced with RHR
RER had one GPS antenna and one Sirius Radio Antenna..
RHR has One Antenna with GPS and Sirius Radio combined in One Antenna.
ABOVE ARE THE 730 MyGig units
BELOW ARE THE 430 MyGig Units:

RHB 430 MyGig with Garmin Software.
RHB uses the same Antenna as the RHR units do..

All units above use Navteq Maps in the Nav system, the Difference is 430 made by Mitsubishi uses Garmin Software to control the Navigation
and the 730 RER/RHR uses Harman Kardon's...Harman Becker's Software to control the Navigation.

Can we get These Correct Facts placed over the Incorrect ones in this Thread please????

SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #77
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

SirCody, your info looks good and I/everyone thanks you for your contribution!
You are all set! -> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m.../#post10908498

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #78
xsdbs

I am always amazed at postings made one after another with information that could be contained in one posting. It's a very creative way to get your post count up but really, is it needed?
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #79
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
I am always amazed at postings made one after another with information that could be contained in one posting. It's a very creative way to get your post count up but really, is it needed?
Think before you type please.
I joined in 2006 and have 621 posts,
I could care less about post count.
There is a character limitation for each post.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #80
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Wow That was Rude Dude....This Guy, the one with so many Post, has helped Sooooooo Many people including myself in the beginning of the MyGig and since You just need to know how to turn the Volume knob to get Volume, Why are you even in this area, wasting your time with this Complex Device if it is A simple one for you?
That Box with a Light in it that you are staring at, I take it that you don't keep it up to Date and just installed a Volume knob on it and made it worry free?
These Units are more Involved and with no Help from Chrysler, 90 percent of MyGig Owners would be have no idea or have had help getting their iCrap phones and updated software on this units working if it wasn't for These Looooooooooong Post.....There was a Site we were able to have it all and nothing else except these Multi-thousand dollar machines to talk about, share software updates from Harman Kardon (Harman Becker) and be able to enjoy what we paid for.....
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #81
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone have information on where the thresholds are for updates on the RBZ? And what the current version is? Is it 33.xx.xx?

I currently have 08.05.02 and was told I cannot update to the latest one. I was told I need at least 15.xx.xx to get current. However, I think I've found 10.xx.xx, 20.xx.xx & 23.xx.xx updates in addition to the 33.xx.xx. Can I just jump to the 23.xx.xx? Or will I have to install 10.xx.xx & 20.xx.xx before installing 23.xx.xx.

Finally, does anyone have good sources for these files. With mofv.com constantly down, and not really designed to supprot the RBZ anyway, is there a good source I'm missing or is it really as scattered as it seems?

Thanks, and sorry for all of the questions.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #82
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

33-01-23....date is December 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by en480c4 View Post
Does anyone have information on where the thresholds are for updates on the RBZ? And what the current version is? Is it 33.xx.xx?

I currently have 08.05.02 and was told I cannot update to the latest one. I was told I need at least 15.xx.xx to get current. However, I think I've found 10.xx.xx, 20.xx.xx & 23.xx.xx updates in addition to the 33.xx.xx. Can I just jump to the 23.xx.xx? Or will I have to install 10.xx.xx & 20.xx.xx before installing 23.xx.xx.

Finally, does anyone have good sources for these files. With mofv.com constantly down, and not really designed to supprot the RBZ anyway, is there a good source I'm missing or is it really as scattered as it seems?

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #83
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.supercell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=508

Here is were we kinda moved MyGig software since the Unofficial Mygig website has been down and may not come back....SOX is a member that he shares a MyDrive site with his name and password to go download if not from the site above....

Quote:

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #84
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the posts. They were definitely a help. I was able to update the application to 10.00.11 but there still appears to be a gap in the upgrade path. I can't jump up into the 20's, and still appear to need a 15.xx.xx before I can update to the latest. If anyone has one in that range and could share it with me, that would be great.
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #85
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the posts. They were definitely a help. I was able to update the application to 10.00.11 but there still appears to be a gap in the upgrade path. I can't jump up into the 20's, and still appear to need a 15.xx.xx before I can update to the latest. If anyone has one in that range and could share it with me, that would be great.
Not sure what you are saying when u say Upgrade path....You can go from the oldest version and skip 20 updates to go to the current one....Each and every update will have everything from the first version all the way up to the version that is being loaded/updated from the disk being used at that moment.....
With the RBZ/RHB units, only updates that are different will be the update to the separate Uconnect Module which will not be loaded by a disc, it's updated using a usb flashdrive
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #86
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
In Fact you can Down Grade the MyGig units if you ever want to...The only thing you wouldn't do , because it would just be a waste of time is go up one and down and up again....But updates do not have to be loaded with every update to reah the newest version... Software hasn't had to do this very old technique in many years....so every update of the software that is released, always has each and every update ever applied in that version included. That's the only way they can keep units running correctly, if one part was left out and never got put in and it was needed for the new version, that would cause Havoc to the World....lol..There's a word or title for what this is called but i can't think of it right now...lol
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #87
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

And put no Faith when it comes to the Version Numbers as they will never stay or be in a certain order....for the RER, it would go from a 242.1 to a 9.08...depends on if it's a Patch etc...so don't tried to do in number orders....it doesn't help you or the unit...lol
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #88
en480c4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well, I've burned iso's from multiple sources of both the 23.xx update and 33.xx update and the radio won't do anything with them. It recognizes them as data, but just says "STOPPED" and won't initialize the update procedure. There was no issue going from 08.xx to 10.xx.

I was told by someone else that I needed at least 15.xx for 33.xx to install. I don't know if he is correct, but I do know that I don't seem to be able to upgrade from from 10.xx to either 23.xx or 33.xx, nor could I from 08.xx. Oh well...

I really do appreciate the help... I hope I can get to the bottom of this.
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #89
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0805712.pdf

Chrysler's Bulletin on 33.01.23...

See if any of the info excludes your unit...
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #90
xsdbs

Mr. Ron Burgundy,
That statement was not about your postings. It is more about how someone can start a posting, end it in mid thought, press the submit button, and then within minutes post again only to continue on from the previous posting. It just seems that all the thoughts could be gathered into one post. Sure I have posted something and then remembered "oh yeah, I should also mention that...." and at that point go back to the post and edit it or if it has been longer than the time frame that will allow you to edit a post, I'll explain the new addition to the previous posting.
I am sure that you realize that even though I have only been on the forums for a couple years, I also have helped many people in 8 different forums and the reason is because the customer does need help. They can't rely on the Dealerships or the Customer Service phone lines so they come to the forum. Yes, I do realize there is a character limit to a post, however I am sure that the limit hadn't been reached in several of these continuation postings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Think before you type please.
I joined in 2006 and have 621 posts,
I could care less about post count.
There is a character limitation for each post.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.