MYGIG Database Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #61
exbauer

I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler with a RER unit. I wanted to see what unit can I get that is interchangeable with my current unit that is plug and play. Any help is appreciated. What are the newer models that I can get that will work?

Last edited by exbauer; 04-19-2013 at 10:06 AM..
exbauer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #62
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbauer View Post
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler with a RER unit. I wanted to see what unit can I get that is interchangeable with my current unit that is plug and play. Any help is appreciated. What are the newer models that I can get that will work?
The RHR is the Newest and prob will be the last one made as the Newer Chrysler Models will be changing the Can Bus system to the new system Like the new Ram and 300 and the Systems will have more Features, similar to GM's On-Star, and be internet connectable.
If you go with the RHR, only thing extra you will need is the GPS and Sat Radio combo Antenna.
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #63
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

RER update 2.404 is now available

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #64
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
RER update 2.404 is now available
Any major changes?

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #65
LtChris
2009 JK Wrangler 

Basically my question is that I am wondering if Part # #82211743AB is what I need.

Background Info:

I have the RER Radio in a 2009 Unlimited. (Im pretty sure)
Navigation works, Sirius works, the only things that don't are the voice command and handsfree buttons, when I press them it says something along the lines as not equipped with uConnect.

The part number I mentioned above, is the standalone mic that plugs into the back of the head unit and comes with a CD to enable uConnect and the buttons that don't work.

I am assuming that with that, and the update to the MyGig to the newest version firmware that I will be able to connect my iPhone via bluetooth and stream music. I am not too concerned with being able to navigate playlists through the head unit. I will be coming from my old truck where I had the cassette-audio jack converter so at this point anything is better. I just want hands free dialing and the ability to stream music.

Am I going in the correct direction or am I way off in my assumptions?

I got confused when I started reading about the part that is the iPod connection cable, that lets you connect your iPod and store it in the glove box and stream music through that.

Thanks!
LtChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #66
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtChris View Post
Basically my question is that I am wondering if Part # #82211743AB is what I need.

Background Info:

Navigation works, Sirius works, the only things that don't are the voice command and handsfree buttons, when I press them it says something along the lines as not equipped with uConnect.

The part number I mentioned above, is the standalone mic that plugs into the back of the head unit and comes with a CD to enable uConnect and the buttons that don't work.

I am assuming that with that, and the update to the MyGig to the newest version firmware that I will be able to connect my iPhone via bluetooth and stream music. I am not too concerned with being able to navigate playlists through the head unit. I will be coming from my old truck where I had the cassette-audio jack converter so at this point anything is better. I just want hands free dialing and the ability to stream music.

I got confused when I started reading about the part that is the iPod connection cable, that lets you connect your iPod and store it in the glove box and stream music through that.

Thanks!
RER and RHR are Plug and Play with a simple, nothing fancy Mic....Plug it in and reboot the Head Unit buy disconnecting the Neg Side of the Battery for a few mins....reconnect Battery. Turn unit,
Go into the Engineer Menu and turn it on.....It doesn't have to be that mic if you don't want to throw out 30 to 60 bucks for one. It's a pretty standard connection for these kind of Voice Recognition....get one for under $10...
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #67
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Background Info:

Thanks!
That Disc isn't for the mic , it's just a way to make you feel like you got more for your money. It's prob an Old Update....The only people that are up to date are the good people that hang out at Unofficial MyGig Place...LOL
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #68
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here is a Mic For A Dollar

mic-dollar.jpg

9' cable. 1.70" x 0.92" x 0.50" rounded rectangular ABS case. 2-conductor cable (1-conductor with shield).

CAT# MIKE-95
$1.00 each
Quantity:
I buy tons of Gadgets etc from them...lol

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a.../9-CORD/1.html
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #69
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dollar Mic

9999.jpg

Designed for use with a Bluetooth "hands-free" kit, microphone and pushbutton are housed in a 1.53" x 1.90" x 0.71" rounded case. Microphone connected to a 12ft, 2-conductor shielded cable, and membrane push-button connected to a 10ft 4-conductor cable.

CAT# MIC-64
$1.00 each
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #70
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Mic Installation Manual......

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82211743AB.pdf
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #71
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

This is what i installed as my Mic and Not to Brag, but the First Location I chose to DRILL a hole in my Instrument Panel Between Speedometer and the Radio, flush and invisible, and it Receives my Country slang voice while driving 80 down the interstate with top off and doors off and Music Roaring....every single word she hears correctly...lol...

my-mic.jpg
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #72
LtChris
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sir Cody,

Thanks for the info,

I'm assuming that with the uConnect enabled and which ever mic installed, that I can then stream music from the iPhone as well since it'll already be connected via bluetooth, is that correct? or is that not even possible?

Thanks!
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #73
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sir Cody,

Thanks for the info,

I'm assuming that with the uConnect enabled and which ever mic installed, that I can then stream music from the iPhone as well since it'll already be connected via bluetooth, is that correct? or is that not even possible?

Thanks!
When you plug the mic in, the mic is what activates it....and yes you will have full bluetooth function for the calls, The RER doesn't have that music streaming thru Bluetooth feature, Just the RHR...and lower end models RHB etc..but it plays better and louder thru the stereo port..
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #74
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sir Cody,

Thanks for the info,

Thanks!
You have an Amp don't ya? which one? I have the 368 watt Infinity/Harman Kardon Amp and it hasn't been used and these are better then the 2013 Alpine Amps....lol
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #75
LtChris
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
You have an Amp don't ya? witch one? I have the 368 watt Infinity/Harman Kardon Amp and it hasn't been used and these are better then the 2013 Alpine Amps....lol
I only have what came stock. so.. I'm not exactly sure, but its plenty good for me.

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.