MYGIG Database Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #46
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

2012 rbz

Truly epic post, more information in one post than I have found in three weeks of digging elsewhere.

Is there a difference between RBZ radios for Wrangler vs. Liberty?

DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #47
xsdbs

Nope, they are both High Speed CAN BUS network radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDulin View Post
Truly epic post, more information in one post than I have found in three weeks of digging elsewhere.

Is there a difference between RBZ radios for Wrangler vs. Liberty?
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #48
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

So - now that Apple went ahead and changed things.....

What are the odds the iPhone 5 will work with our radios and the iPod kit coupled with the new Lightning to 30-pin adapter? Supposedly, the new cable doesn't allow video or iPod out.....I sure would hate to have a radio that no longer functions with the phone.

I suppose.....I could always wait for the updated lock pick but that's just silly.

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #49
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Wrangler and a Apple. Kind of a Strange Combo... iPhone $200....MyGig (NEW) $1500-$2000.....or Jeep/MyGig Combo=Several Thousand Dollars....Hard One there....lol....Well since Apple didn't add anything up to date as in NFC....Induction Charge...No HD Voice on Sprint...extra extra adapters to charge, listen to music etc, sounds like a Fire Risk to me.....and Our Wranglers don't take long at all to empty it out with a Flame.....
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #50
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well finally someone tried to clear up confusion: http://m.tuaw.com/2012/09/13/lightni...ome_latest_art

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #51
aftahour
2011 JK Wrangler 

Guess updating the new apple ios6 won't really help at all.
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #52
wyle69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
With the newer navigation radio 2011+, it's a garmin system. Media Center. No longer will we see 3 colored ports on the back. There is white. And yellow. The new SAT antenna is also a GPS antenna.

So if you put a 2011 radio in an earlier JK, you will have to do one of 2 things:
1. Get a new NAV/SAT combo antenna. Not sure where or how much. Please post up.
2. Get an adapter that I imagine would plug into the yellow port of the radio and has two ports allowing you to plug in your factory yellow sat antenna. and also plug in a new blue gps antenna.
I have been searching different threads and forums for over a week and havent found the answer yet. Hoping someone can help I have a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited sport with the RES satellite radio with the factory uconnect and steering wheel controls I purchased a RER nav radio from ebay # P05064739AB and purchased the nav antenna from the dealer and the new cable for the dual microphone mirror hooked it all up and the phone buttons and the vr button on the steering wheel does not work along with no voice out thru the phone. I think part of my problem is the harness for the dual mic mirror is that my mirror is not the dual mic mirror but instead the auto dimming mirror so the harness would be incorrect I called the dealer to inquire on the other harness with the auto dimming mirror and they stated that that harness does not list that it fits a jeep wrangler so now I'm stumped again. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
wyle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #53
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
The navigation radios from 2007-2010 were called MYGIGs. They had 3 colored ports on the back of the radio. white = am/fm. yellow = satellite (sat). blue = gps. The gps antenna sat on top of the radio. The sat antenna was on the PS roll bar.

With the newer navigation radio 2011+, it's a garmin system. Media Center. No longer will we see 3 colored ports on the back. There is white. And yellow. The new SAT antenna is also a GPS antenna.

So if you put a 2011 radio in an earlier JK, you will have to do one of 2 things:
1. Get a new NAV/SAT combo antenna. Not sure where or how much. Please post up.
2. Get an adapter that I imagine would plug into the yellow port of the radio and has two ports allowing you to plug in your factory yellow sat antenna. and also plug in a new blue gps antenna.

About 3 weeks ago I had the opportunity to work with the new Garmin. First of all, the hdd is still 30gb. But it's no longer windows based, which is good and bad. Good, it's not windows based! So the 30gb hdd is there for you to use, well 28gb. In the previous system, the 30gb hdd was almost half filled with system files, leaving you with 16-18gb for your own music. The bad, you can't update your system with a cd or dvd you download from the web or purchase online. There are other dis/advantages, but those are a few. Obviously, Garmin vs. NOT-Garmin is VERY different. There is no longer a NAV hard button. The speed appears on the screen (mph) if you select "show extra info" in the navi settings. This is awesome for Jeep owners. Too many to list, not enough time.

Please post up if you have info regarding the antenna situation.
2011 up RHR units aren't garmin, Garmin is the Lower end system. The changes from the 730 RER to 730 RHR is they combined the Sat and GPS into one Antenna....
RHR's are still offered as Premium Upgrade and the RER and RHR's have the Uconnect built in the unit while the Lower end Garmin units have to have a Uconnect Module added on but Voice recognition doesn't control the whole system, as in Nav etc, on any Garmin units.
Only the RHR. Wrangler etc will not be getting these new Uconnect Access systems anytime soon, because these units will use the new Infrustructure Can Bus in order to control Climate, all vehicle data, engine etc and have the (On-Star Like) emergency Telematics which will be serviced by Sprint.
The speed is done by the Gps and Not very safe, That is one gadget that does the Total opposite of what these system are being used for, Hands free and Eyes on the road. By the speed being a head turn, even a slight turn take your attention off the road.
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #54
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyle69 View Post
I have been searching different threads and forums for over a week and havent found the answer yet. Hoping someone can help I have a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited sport with the RES satellite radio with the factory uconnect and steering wheel controls I purchased a RER nav radio from ebay # P05064739AB and purchased the nav antenna from the dealer and the new cable for the dual microphone mirror hooked it all up and the phone buttons and the vr button on the steering wheel does not work along with no voice out thru the phone. I think part of my problem is the harness for the dual mic mirror is that my mirror is not the dual mic mirror but instead the auto dimming mirror so the harness would be incorrect I called the dealer to inquire on the other harness with the auto dimming mirror and they stated that that harness does not list that it fits a jeep wrangler so now I'm stumped again. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

The 2013 Wrangler is the first model year to get a Mirror that has anything built in it, Map lights, They won't be able to get what you need beacuse Wrangler didn't even have a Camera or Mic or Bluetooth unitil a couple years later on the new models. well except mine...lol..it's all built in the unit....

They did this because of service dept prob would have been overrun with mic problems etc, customers saying that the mygig couldn't hear them etc.

The first place i installed my $20 mic, I had doors off, top off, on interstate running about 70mph and tried her out, and i have to say with my country accent and all of the above going on, she heard every command perfect...LOL..

If you would like, I can help you out, I have ways of find a part/number of other models and match wiring pin out demands etc and a few Chrysler sites that most don't know about or can use....

So let me know, your detailed plans to do and what you have so far to do the project....
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyle69 View Post
Did you disconnect the Uconnect module when u installed the RER?
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #56
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
On the back of your Mirror there will be a number that starts with a 5 or a 6 etc and end in two letters....example:
MIRROR. Inside Rear View. .
This fits your 2012 JEEP LIBERTY.

Stock Code........55157457AC< mopar p/n

Fitment Notes

List Price
$ 359.00

Your Price
$ 301.00
You save $ 58.00 (16%)

Additional Notes

[GN5,JHA], [GN5], [GN5], [JHA], [GNK,RSP], [GNK], [GNK] With [RSP] Or [RSQ], [GNK], [RSP], [GNK], [RSP] Or [RSQ], [GNK], [RSQ] Or [RSP], [GNK], With [RSP] Or [RSQ], [GNL,RSP], Auto Dim With Microphone [GN5], Without Rain Senitive Wipers [JHC], With [GN5] [RSP], With [GN5] Telematics, With [GN5] Telematics Communication, With [GNK] Auto Dim, With Sale Code [GN5] & [RSP] or [RSQ], With Sales Code [GN5], With Sales Code [GN5] & [RSP], With Sales Code [GN5] and [RSP], With Sales Code [GN5] Without [LMS], With Sales Code [GNK], With Sales Code [GNK] and [RSP], With Sales Code [GNK], Auto Dim with Microphone, With Sales Code [GNK], With Hands Free Communication [RSP], With Sales Codes [GN5] & [RSP] Or [RSQ].

Alternate Stock Code

55157457AA; 55157457AB

Categories

Body > Glass and Rear View MIrror; Body > Windshield, Backglass and Inside Mirror (Glass and Rear View Mirror); Glass > Glass and Interior Rear View Mirror
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #57
wyle69

Quote:
I did disconnect the module tried it with it out and in then tried it with the 82211666 cable installed for the dual mirror I see that there is the other cable 82211868 that is for the auto dim mirror that is what I have but it doesnt list it for a wrangler if I get the mic harness and plug it in then my auto dim mirror won't work and the buttons in the steering still wouldnt work.
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #58
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

The Module will cause problems with the canbus and the rer...reset the unit by pulling your neg cable off battery for about 2 mins.....make sure you have no mic or mic/mirror plugged in the RER....Not sure if you are aware that no Wranglers had the Auto dim mirror....so it will not connect to the canbus system or RER without modifying the harness......

Mirror Connection:

The Mirror will only need 12 volt power to it to work...

The mic will also need to be Modified. Because it will need to go directly to the MyGig RER....it will not go to the Can Bus.

With Mygig on: To get into Engineer settings: Go into the engineering menu (PRESS SEEKUP+SEEKDOWN+MENU all at the same time).
Scroll down to the last page and press a key labeled ENABLE JK MICROPHONE then ENABLE MICROPHONE.
Exit by pressing the MENU key.....http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/viewtopic....=engineer+menu
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #59
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey I found this with a few that have had the same problems as you.....

Well, with a bit more searching, found this:

----------------------------------------
Adding a Mopar MyGIG radio* to vehicles without the factory installed UConnect/microphone mirror and have a manual adjustment rearview mirror, will require wiring kit 82211649 and a service microphone mirror to complete the installation. A separate wiring kit for vehicles equipped, from the factory, with an autodim mirror is under development.

Adding a Mopar MyGIG radio* to vehicles equipped with a factory installed UConnect/microphone mirror will require wiring kit p/n 82211666 to complete the installation

-----------------------------------------

I now have the mirror but I don't think the harness they ordered was that one as the parts states that the 8xxxxxxx numbers are mopar "aftermarket" type parts where they were ordering OEM harnesses.

I believe the catch is the last line in the first paragraph, we had the OEM install auto dim mirror and we now have the auto dim mirror with the mic. so IF the dealerships orders the 82211649 which seems to state goes from the mirror direct to the RER Mygig, then we won't have the auto dim feature until DC comes out with a different harness. uuugh

Still waiting for my dealership to confirm, all these theories as I have to do the work for them, they don't seem to know what to do at this point.

I wish I has just bought the car WITH the RER already installed! They obviously didn't know, or bothered to check if it was possible to install after the fact.
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #60
wyle69

Quote:
Ok after thinking about the question not sure if you ment the whole uconnect module or the plug for the mirror. I tried unpluging the plug for the mirror but not the whole uconnect module. but I have since bought the 730n rhr radio that has the uconnect built in but I am having the same problem with that radio also the mic portion is not working. I am picking the mic kit up after work today and was just gonna leave the harness for the rear view mirror unpluged but I am looking at the picture for the u connect module and there is a place for a plug that is not being used not sure if I can plug either the harness for the rear view mirror in their or the plug for the mic.

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.