MYGIG Database Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #31
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueGreenSS View Post
First I must say this is a very useful thread. I just purchased a 2008 Sahara with the MyGig RER and have a few questions. I am almost positive that it has not been updated but here are some issues I am having.

The disk automatically starts on #10 when I turn on the Jeep no matter where it was when shut off. The disks sometimes won't load and take forever to eject, (these are normal CDs not burned). It also has some HDD loading issues and sometimes will not respond when I am hitting the seek button to change the track.

Are these issues addressed in the updates or should I just go back and tell the dealer to replace it? Can I also update the RER by using the USB drive instead of the CD? Thanks for you help
bump.

I have almost the same issues with the 08 i just bought. and it is not keeping any presets or giving me access to the SiriusXM channels.

Unread 01-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #32
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

The hdd music is played in abc order, not track. So stupid! No updates available to fix it.

What's the deal with the Sirius xm not showing up?

Anyone have a rbz? What is the latest software? Need something to get my neighbors uconnect working but there isn't much info avail for rbz updates. Mitsubishi dropped the ball.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
newevo
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have an 09 wrangler with the my gig RER radio and am trying to get the uconnect working. I have never updated the system since I purchased the vehicle and not sure exactly what all I would need to do or purchase aside from the microphone. A little hesitant to download and install from the mygig website especially as they talk all windows functions and Im operating off of MAC. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Feel free to post here or send any info to my email (would reach me easier) Thanks in advance for all assistance

newevo@gmail.com
newevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
SwamiCJ7

2012 with RHB, no connectivity group, with installed uconnect microphone

I have everything hooked up - the mic wiring connected to the back of the 430N HU. NOTHIN.

I've heard that I should enable it via the Engineering Menu, but can't find it anywhere.

HELP!

EDIT: I found out on another thread that I need the whole uconnect module / package. Please ignore, sorry.

Last edited by SwamiCJ7; 01-22-2012 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Found the info, please ignore ...
SwamiCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #35
edeve13

MYGIG RBZ Model # P05064879AG CAN FIT MY WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 2012?
edeve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
devonalex

Any help much appreciated - REW

Hi i have a REW MyGig that was supplied with my 2008 manufactured Grand Cherokee Overlander. This has a 20GB hard drive in it.

The problem i had was that although I could use my iPhone with the MyGig, it would not sync my address book which is essential - so I had to replace the MyGig with third party unit. I still have the MyGig and would love to reinstall it back into the vehicle.

What I wanted to know, is does this latest software update mentioned in Post 3, fix this problem?

Any help much appreciated
devonalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #37
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

UPDATE for software and gracenotes:

RHR software application update
Late 4th Quarter 2011: 2.120

Updates include:

- WEATHER MAPS fixed/ SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK
- In the NAVI menu you can select the option to display POI on the map including dealerships, fuel stations, rest areas, etc.
- In the NAVI menu for destination entry, there is now an option to access your SAVED TRAILS.
- In the NAVI menu for destination entry, there is now an option to enter by GEO COORDINATES.
- When playing music on the system's HDD, there is now an option to search for albums once you choose an artist.
- When playing music on the system's HDD, if you select an album, the tracks will play in order.
- iPhone 4 phone update. Radio will transfer the call properly to your radio instead of dropping the call.

RER / REN gracenotes update
Late 1st Quarter 2012: 4620
gracenotes = music organization

RHR gracenotes update
Late 1st Quarter 2012: 4118
gracenotes = music organization

ALL RHR updates both software and gracenotes have been tough for folks to create themselves. Be careful. Ask your dealer to help. That's what they are there for. I can help you if you need help.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
xsdbs

What is the year of the vehicle with the RBZ radio? What SW version is in it currently? What is the issue with the Uconnect system?
The Uconnect module is external to the radio, so the radio SW does not have anything to do with the UC SW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
The hdd music is played in abc order, not track. So stupid! No updates available to fix it.

What's the deal with the Sirius xm not showing up?

Anyone have a rbz? What is the latest software? Need something to get my neighbors uconnect working but there isn't much info avail for rbz updates. Mitsubishi dropped the ball.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
robs8233

2011 rhb

Does anyone know if a RHB taken from a 2011 challenger would work on a 2012 wrangler unlimited sport?
robs8233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #40
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes it will...They are both high speed units
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #41
jeeptrix
2009 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know if the iPod/iPhone connection cable will allow Pandora to be played?
jeeptrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #42
wildman4x4nut
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just bought a RBZ+RSC radio off Ebay for my wifes JK. It worked fine for about the first 2-3 weeks after installing it. Now some of the time it will start acting up and the screen will go black, then start to flicker and after a while come back on and then work fine for the next 8-10 hours. Every so often when the screen goes black it won't play music but most of the time it does.

Is there an update I can try on it? Or is there something seriously wrong with the radio? Has anyone ever been able to get a radio they swapped into their Jeep repaired or replaced under warranty? My wifes rig is a 2011 with 2 years left.

Cle Elum, WA
wildman@4x4nut.com
www.4x4nut.net
wildman4x4nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #43
Hvacwelder
2010 JK Wrangler 

At best you will need to make sure that the MyGIG you purchased is for the correct Buss speed of your JK, 2010 and up JK's went to "High Speed" Buss computer systems. If the My GIG is a low speed it will not work...I'd call your dealer and give them the part number on the rear of the My GIG and ask them if it's a high or low compatible......
I purchased my MyGIG direct from the dealer so I would get the right one, and have a warranty, (1 year), plus they had to flash program the new one in. Now my VIN on the Jeep website shows the MyGIG as original equipment.
Hvacwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #44
xsdbs

Umm, no it won't. The challenger is actually a Low Speed CAN BUS radio and the Jeep is a High Speed CAN BUS radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
Yes it will...They are both high speed units
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Umm, no it won't. The challenger is actually a Low Speed CAN BUS radio and the Jeep is a High Speed CAN BUS radio.
He is correct on this....I was wrong....they won't work on the older models, all vehicles are goning to be High Speed and/or going to the new Networking to fade away from the older Mercedes Network...sorry...
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.