MYGIG Database Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 06-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
The navigation radios from 2007-2010 were called RER. They were MYGIGs. They had 3 colored ports on the back of the radio. white = am/fm. yellow = satellite (sat). blue = gps. The gps antenna sat on top of the radio. The sat antenna was on the PS roll bar.

With the newer navigation radio 2011+, it's a garmin system. The code is RHB Media Center. No longer will we see 3 colored ports on the back. There is white. And yellow. The new SAT antenna is also a GPS antenna.

So if you put a 2011 radio in an earlier JK, you will have to do one of 2 things:
1. Get a new NAV/SAT combo antenna. Not sure where or how much. Please post up.
2. Get an adapter that I imagine would plug into the yellow port of the radio and has two ports allowing you to plug in your factory yellow sat antenna. and also plug in a new blue gps antenna.

About 3 weeks ago I had the opportunity to work with the new Garmin. First of all, the hdd is still 30gb. But it's no longer windows based, which is good and bad. Good, it's not windows based! So the 30gb hdd is there for you to use, well 28gb. In the previous system, the 30gb hdd was almost half filled with system files, leaving you with 16-18gb for your own music. The bad, with the garmin, you can't update your system with a cd or dvd you download from the web or purchase online. There is no longer a NAV hard button. The speed appears on the screen (mph) if you select "show extra info" in the navi settings. This is awesome for Jeep owners. Too many to list, not enough time. There are other dis/advantages, but those are a few. Obviously, Garmin vs. NOT-Garmin is VERY different. Subjective, whether it's better/easier. I prefer the old look/style. But the new os is clearly better/faster/more stable.

Please post up if you have info regarding the antenna situation.
^ was placed in post #6 today regarding the 2011 garmin media center for the wrangler.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #17
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Attention!
This thread is for posting of software updates only
Please direct any questions or discussion topics
to the
MyGig Anyone thread located
Here
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/mygig-anyone-405895/
All question/answer posts
have been moved to the above mentioned thread
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Update came out on June 29th for the RES 130 Radios with Uconnect

I called my dealership to see if TSB 08 036 11 http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0803611.pdf applied to my vehicle, he said it didn't come up.

Called Chrysler Uconnect and they said it did apply to my vehicle

Said screw it found this post
http://www.***********.com/forum/showpost.php?p=322951&postcount=14
Patriot Forums.com

Firmware can be found here, http://www.mediafire.com/?ze325ccy1o8gbz4,
simply copy it to a FAT32 Formated USB key, turn your ignition to run/ACC,
plug the key into your USB port and press and hold the Uconnect button until it says updating uconnect,
wait 20 minutes while listing to beeping. When the beeping stops the deck will restart and playing what ever was playing last. **** DO NOT TURN OFF RADIO OR JEEP******
Everything should now work perfectly as it was intended and advertised

And just finished performing the update on my 2011 JKU Rubicon.

Bluetooth and USB (still alittle slow on first connect) perfectly.

Thanks for nothing Jeep Dealership So Glad this function is now working perfectly its bugged me since I bought the Jeep 2 months ago.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

There is a new update for the RHB radio. It updates the factory 430N to version 23.04.41 which includes Sirius Travel Link & iPhone 4 fixes for uconnect.

I will send a copy of the cd and instructions to anyone in the continental USA.

Just cover mail. $4.95 = priority mail letter. If you want to donate $0.25 for a cd, great. No biggie though.

Turn car on.
Turn off 430N (press Vol knob).
Press "load" and insert CD.
Follow instructions that will appear after a few seconds.
The thing will reboot a few times during this process.
If at some point you think it's dead/done, it's probably not. Just be patient. There are a number of steps where it basically goes unresponsive for multiple minutes.

The whole process took around 20 minutes. This upgrades the Garmin map software as well (although I don't know that it updates the maps themselves).

MYGIG Database Thread

JK Sahara 2dr
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

The update for RHB 23.04.41 includes new firmware that allows the Travel Link to work.

Travel Link DOES NOT provide traffic information. TRAFFIC INFO doesn't comes with Travel Link. NO traffic info is available on a 430N which is what you have. It’s Garmin based. Traffic info is for navteq map models.

MYGIG Database Thread

JK Sahara 2dr
Unread 09-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #21
uptownwatta

mygig frozen

I was in calibration mode and it seemed like an endless loop so I stopped and cut the power off. Now my screen is pretty much non functional save for a couple corners. I cannot press anything in the enginering section to get back to calibration mode. I have pulled the IOD fuse but it didn't do anything. Can anyone help!!!!!!! Thanks
uptownwatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #22
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownwatta View Post
I was in calibration mode and it seemed like an endless loop so I stopped and cut the power off. Now my screen is pretty much non functional save for a couple corners. I cannot press anything in the enginering section to get back to calibration mode. I have pulled the IOD fuse but it didn't do anything. Can anyone help!!!!!!! Thanks
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
see post #7 in THIS very thread and good luck dude.
you are going to need it.

however, it is possible, I can tell you this, first hand.

MYGIG Database Thread

JK Sahara 2dr
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #23
uptownwatta

uhhh ooo

Thanks for the response! I hope this helps, although it actually seems that i have two points that are working so hopefully i can get one of them to allow me to page down so I can hit calibration button. Im clueless as to why there isnt a pinhole reset port like with most electronics. The dealer said they see this a lot and i think that upsets me more that there isnt an alt fix... Sigh well thanks and ill keep you posted!
uptownwatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #24
AHunter

Sorry if I missed it in the posts, but is there a part number for the GPS antenna? I need it for a 2011 Wrangler. Thanks!
AHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #25
AHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter View Post
sorry if i missed it in the posts, but is there a part number for the gps antenna? I need it for a 2011 wrangler. Thanks!
05064910aa
AHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
meon2wheels
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ron, is there any benefit to updating my RHB if I have no interest in TravelLink and don't have an iPhone? Jim
meon2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
RescueGreenSS
2012 KK Liberty 

Usb

First I must say this is a very useful thread. I just purchased a 2008 Sahara with the MyGig RER and have a few questions. I am almost positive that it has not been updated but here are some issues I am having.

The disk automatically starts on #10 when I turn on the Jeep no matter where it was when shut off. The disks sometimes won't load and take forever to eject, (these are normal CDs not burned). It also has some HDD loading issues and sometimes will not respond when I am hitting the seek button to change the track.

Are these issues addressed in the updates or should I just go back and tell the dealer to replace it? Can I also update the RER by using the USB drive instead of the CD? Thanks for you help
RescueGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #28
orangeconv
2012 JK Wrangler 

is there a crack for 2012?
orangeconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #29
DuraJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeconv View Post
is there a crack for 2012?

x2 ???
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
RubiHD
2011 JK Wrangler 

Anyone install the MYGig Lock pick yet?
RubiHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.