MYGIG Database Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MYGIG Database Thread

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #136
jessejl

Help! Please

Well I've read lots of threads viewed lots of charts but I still can't figure it out, so in advance sorry for the repeated question.
Plain and simple
What mygig will work in my 2011 jeep wrangler jku it currently has a res bluetooth sat uconnect unit ...so what will be plug and play to upgrade to?
Thanks

jessejl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #137
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ntg4 rer p05064400ai uconnect 2013 wrangler?

hi guys!!
I just tried to install my older NTG4 RER from my 2008 Liberty into my newer 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited.
The factory unit is a Uconnect 130 cd/mp3 and Unconnect Voice command with Bluetooth built into the vehicle.
I can get most everything working, radio, sat, nav but the stereo is telling that uconnect is not available?
Any ideas?
ianmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #138
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

PM me your phone number and I'll fix that for you.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #139
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know where I can get a 430n at a good price?
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #140
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

Been looking at the 430 and 430n. BIG difference when it comes to prices. But the only question I have, are they the same other then the nav? Personal dont care if I have the nav, I live in Newfoundland and Google Maps works pretty good.
Unread 07-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #141
xsdbs

Whichever radio that you decide on, you'll need to make sure that the radio is a High Speed CAN BUS unit.
If you want a direct plug 'n' play install, then you'll need to look for:
1) The RBZ if you don't want Navigation
2) The RHB if you do want navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejl View Post
Well I've read lots of threads viewed lots of charts but I still can't figure it out, so in advance sorry for the repeated question.
Plain and simple
What mygig will work in my 2011 jeep wrangler jku it currently has a res bluetooth sat uconnect unit ...so what will be plug and play to upgrade to?
Thanks
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #142
xsdbs

They are the same except for the Navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedwards View Post
Been looking at the 430 and 430n. BIG difference when it comes to prices. But the only question I have, are they the same other then the nav? Personal dont care if I have the nav, I live in Newfoundland and Google Maps works pretty good.
Unread 08-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #143
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

issues with 2008 Mygig RER in my commander.

Had 9.665 and updated to 9.713 then update to 9.807, it doesnt update to 2.404. it says wrong disc. the mygig is empty, no music, gracenotes says N/A, and has 17 gig of usable space

gracenotes is N/A so i try to install it, it starts the update to 4620 and complete but gracenotes still says N/A for the version

I have a new navteq map disk coming with rer 2.404 software as well. should be here sometime this week. but was hoping to get this wrapped up today.

in the past ive updated my mygig on "CAIN" (2007 wrangler with a 2009 rer just fine) also i updated my ram's mygig with no problems as well. i dont understand what my hangup is here with the commander mygig

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #144
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

Got with navteq and used their 2.404 update disk that came with their 2014 maps. Installed fine.

Doing maps now and will attempt latest gracenote update later.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #145
MixerPunker

Hello i just tried to upgrade my RHB from 24 to 55 but something went wrong and now i have only black screen with JEEP sign on it when it starts then it reboots and again the same screen(((( what can i do to repair it?((((
MixerPunker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #146
MixerPunker

Please somebody help me))))!!!
MixerPunker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #147
woody7687
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good morning I just purchased a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon and it cam with the MyGig entertainment. I hit the open/close hard key for the first time today and the screen went black and nothing else. I shut off the Jeep and started it back up with nothing. Is the screens supposed to come down or what? Not sure how to work this just yet so i am still learning. ANy assistance would be great.
woody7687 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #148
xsdbs

Sorry, I just saw this posting. Unfortunately in order to have updated from the 24.xx to the 50.xx you had to do it in steps. You needed to go from the 24.xx to the 33.xx and then you can jump to the 50.xx. The unit is now damaged and the only way that I've heard of fixing it is to replace the hard drive. My understanding is that it's not difficult to do. You can find more information atthe link below:

http://mygig-disk.com/loop-test.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixerPunker View Post
Please somebody help me))))!!!
Unread 10-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #149
xsdbs

I don't know if it'll help but you can try disconnecting the vehicle battery for 10 minutes or so and then reconnect it. This has helped with other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody7687 View Post
Good morning I just purchased a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon and it cam with the MyGig entertainment. I hit the open/close hard key for the first time today and the screen went black and nothing else. I shut off the Jeep and started it back up with nothing. Is the screens supposed to come down or what? Not sure how to work this just yet so i am still learning. ANy assistance would be great.
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #150
cemiii
2009 JK Wrangler 

I also hate to mess up this very important info. thread.......but after reading through all this my head hurts so bad I'm thinking I'd rather buy a new vehicle than try to upgrade my current jeep radio

Any suggestions for a thread that will lead me to respectable plug and play alternatives?
cemiii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
database , information , JK Wrangler , mygig , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.