MyGig anyone? - Page 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #1426
jryano
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well it's been about 2 months and I'm getting ready to go on vacation. I took my RER out and put in the original 6-disc. It worked for about 2 weeks then it started the same thing. So it's obviously not the head units. Can it be something wrong with my computer or the CANBUS system? I just don't understand how sometimes it comes on and others it won't. But it never stays on more than about 1.5 hours. All of the fuses I have checked have been fine.

jryano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #1427
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey everyone, I'm having troubles with my 430 (RHB) on my '13 JKUR not ejecting the disk. The cover slides down a tiny bit and kicks back up again. Any tips?
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #1428
08blkjk
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an 08 with the RER. Tonight I pudhed the open close button and the screen went blank and nothong happened. I manually pulled the screen open and got the CD to load. I pushed the button again and nothing happened. I again manually pushed the screen closed and still nothing. The only button that works is the U Connect button. Thought or suggestions?
08blkjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #1429
meon2wheels
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blkjk View Post
I have an 08 with the RER. Tonight I pudhed the open close button and the screen went blank and nothong happened. I manually pulled the screen open and got the CD to load. I pushed the button again and nothing happened. I again manually pushed the screen closed and still nothing. The only button that works is the U Connect button. Thought or suggestions?
I would pull the fuse for 5 mins, put it back in and try again. This worked for me.
meon2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #1430
08blkjk
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meon2wheels View Post

I would pull the fuse for 5 mins, put it back in and try again. This worked for me.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
08blkjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #1431
gumbydammit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone install a switch to interrupt power from the infamous J13 or have tips on how to do that??

Sometimes my RER will run for weeks without having to reset it, however the last couple of weeks (since it's been parked outside interestingly enough) I have to pull the fuse every time I get in it, otherwise I get a blank screen. Pushing the nav/menu buttons will make the Jeep logo come up, but that's it. Once I pull the fuse for a few seconds I'm good to go again... for a while.

I'm considering putting a small switch under the dash that will interrupt/disconnect whichever line leads to the J13 fuse so I can reset it from inside the cab. As it is, I'm going to wear out my hood hinges and the lid to the fuse box!

Last edited by 1222; 05-29-2014 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Bypassing the word censor.
gumbydammit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #1432
kevinwayne20

I just purchased a RER unit (5064080AB a High SPD Buss unit) off of Ebay to put into my 2012 JKU. I plugged the unit in and the screen was blank. A fan kicked in on the side but I couldn't get it to do anything else. I took it out so I could do some more research on it thinking I may have screwed up and got the wrong unit. If that was the case, I was going to bite the bullet and resell it back on ebay as it would have been my mistake.

I looked through this thread and countless others and didn't see anywhere that the old RER units wouldn'g work in the 2012's. Did I miss it or should it work? I'[ve got the convinence package if that helps. For a short time after I traded in my 08, I had a REN unit in it so my gut says I've got a DOA unit t hat I need to send back to the vendor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
kevinwayne20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #1433
alben
2008 JK Wrangler 

Do you know what year the RER radio was manufactured? I can't recall if it is the year of the radio or the year of the vehicle, but at some point Mopar tied the vehicle VIN and the radio together so that only a dealer could make a radio swap. From what I read it was to discourage theft. Google it and you might come up with something related to this topic. Also you might want to consult your local Mopar dealer.
alben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #1434
jschwab1
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2014 JKUR with 430N unit with a problem I can not seem to solve and I am hoping someone here can advise. Jeep has replaced the nav unit and worked on ground wires. When I hit a bump in the road the right way, the 430N cuts power and reboots. Why is it doing this and what can be done to fix it? This happens several times on each drive. A solution would be amazing!
Unread 07-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #1435
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab1 View Post
I have a 2014 JKUR with 430N unit with a problem I can not seem to solve and I am hoping someone here can advise. Jeep has replaced the nav unit and worked on ground wires. When I hit a bump in the road the right way, the 430N cuts power and reboots. Why is it doing this and what can be done to fix it? This happens several times on each drive. A solution would be amazing!
Well if the unit has been replaced and the ground wires confirmed good, then it can only really be the power (+12V) supply that is being interrupted on the bump... What about fuses? Tried to rule out them? I've never heard of a bad fuse connection, but it's worth a try...
amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #1436
jschwab1
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr42 View Post
Well if the unit has been replaced and the ground wires confirmed good, then it can only really be the power (+12V) supply that is being interrupted on the bump... What about fuses? Tried to rule out them? I've never heard of a bad fuse connection, but it's worth a try...
Does the 430N unit have it's own 12V power supply? There does not seem to be a fuse for it within the TIPM box on my 2014 JKUR.

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.