MyGig anyone? - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #1411
jryano

The RER is currently in without the Lockpick installled. Should I unplug the RER and then reconnect it and unhook the Neg cable? I know the little fan noise you are referring to and I haven't heard ANY movement or noise out of the RER in a while. The only time I have accessed the Engineer's menu, was to turn the Uconnect on. I will have to look to see what the last update was that I installed. It has been at least a year since I've updated the software and gracenotes. If I can get it to power up for any length of time, I will be sure to get that info. I appreciate all of your help so far SirCody. I will try some of the things you listed this afternoon when I get off of work.

jryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #1412
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryano View Post
The RER is currently in without the Lockpick installled. Should I unplug the RER and then reconnect it and unhook the Neg cable? I know the little fan noise you are referring to and I haven't heard ANY movement or noise out of the RER in a while. The only time I have accessed the Engineer's menu, was to turn the Uconnect on. I will have to look to see what the last update was that I installed. It has been at least a year since I've updated the software and gracenotes. If I can get it to power up for any length of time, I will be sure to get that info. I appreciate all of your help so far SirCody. I will try some of the things you listed this afternoon when I get off of work.
So you are Hearing the Fan, maybe Hard drive too even when it will not Power up, per the screen coming on? How much do you have on the Hard Drive, songs, pics etc.?....Alot that would really hate to lose or not enough to bother you if it did get lost?
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #1413
jryano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
So you are Hearing the Fan, maybe Hard drive too even when it will not Power up, per the screen coming on? How much do you have on the Hard Drive, songs, pics etc.?....Alot that would really hate to lose or not enough to bother you if it did get lost?

Well I haven't heard any noise from it in quite a while. Honestly, maybe 70-125 songs. All of these can be replaced. I am far from worried about the information on the HDD that I would lose. I just want my music and navigation back.
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #1414
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I haven't heard any noise from it in quite a while. Honestly, maybe 70-125 songs. All of these can be replaced. I am far from worried about the information on the HDD that I would lose. I just want my music and navigation back.
Ok...Cool...See the Hard drive doesn't control or is used for the Sat Radio, AM/FM or CD....So like to see if it's the Sceen, or OverHeating protection kicking in or if it's is just a problem receiving Power...
Have you tried putting in a music CD and let it stay in if it will take one? Check for sound but no screen. The Lock Pick could have melted a wire in the harnesses or on one of the Circuit boards, maybe a fuse
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #1415
jryano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
Ok...Cool...See the Hard drive doesn't control or is used for the Sat Radio, AM/FM or CD....So like to see if it's the Sceen, or OverHeating protection kicking in or if it's is just a problem receiving Power...
Have you tried putting in a music CD and let it stay in if it will take one? Check for sound but no screen. The Lock Pick could have melted a wire in the harnesses or on one of the Circuit boards, maybe a fuse
The thing is, there is no response to anything. I've tried every button. Held down the Open/Eject and nothing happens at all.
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #1416
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The thing is, there is no response to anything. I've tried every button. Held down the Open/Eject and nothing happens at all.
Right, i hear what you're saying...but what i'm trying to rule out First is that it has power, and how much power it's getting, meaning, power up to the drive if u hear it at all while it's in the Coma....Or if it does absolutely nothing when the Jeep's Canbus sends a awake call to the unit when u open the door, turn key to Acc etc.
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #1417
jryano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody

Right, i hear what you're saying...but what i'm trying to rule out First is that it has power, and how much power it's getting, meaning, power up to the drive if u hear it at all while it's in the Coma....Or if it does absolutely nothing when the Jeep's Canbus sends a awake call to the unit when u open the door, turn key to Acc etc.
Ok, I see you live in Atlanta. So do I. Where are you located?
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #1418
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok, I see you live in Atlanta. So do I. Where are you located?
Are you serious??? LOL...That's funny man...I was thinking what would be involved to have you send it so i can look at it since i might have some parts off one i have...lol
Do you know where Clairmont Rd Exit on 85 is? exit after North Druid Hills Exit....you?
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #1419
jryano

Quote:

Are you serious??? LOL...That's funny man...I was thinking what would be involved to have you send it so i can look at it since i might have some parts off one i have...lol
Do you know where Clairmont Rd Exit on 85 is? exit after North Druid Hills Exit....you?
Hahaha. Really?! I live on N Shallowford right inside 285. So like 10 mins away.
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #1420
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahaha. Really?! I live on N Shallowford right inside 285. So like 10 mins away.
Lol...that's crazy...2003 to 2004 the 1st time I lived here I lived over that way behind NorthLake Mall, off Henderson in that Neighborhood on left just past the school...LOL...I'm like maybe 2 or 3 miles from the Mall now just down briarcliff...My Neighborhood is on Briarcliff...
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #1421
jryano

Quote:

Lol...that's crazy...2003 to 2004 the 1st time I lived here I lived over that way behind NorthLake Mall, off Henderson in that Neighborhood on left just past the school...LOL...I'm like maybe 2 or 3 miles from the Mall now just down briarcliff...My Neighborhood is on Briarcliff...
Hahaha yea no doubt. I'm originally from Rome, then moved to Suwanee a year ago, and just moved in where I am now. Yea you're not far at all. I'm going to see what I can figure out when I get home today. And if nothing is resolved, hopefully we can meet up and let you diagnose the problem.
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #1422
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahaha yea no doubt. I'm originally from Rome, then moved to Suwanee a year ago, and just moved in where I am now. Yea you're not far at all. I'm going to see what I can figure out when I get home today. And if nothing is resolved, hopefully we can meet up and let you diagnose the problem.
Sounds cool...and we'd be able to rule out any problems it being in your wiring etc and know that it's the Unit and not internal of the Jeep...I will have a couple MyGigs we can plug into your jeep ...Gonna send you a PM with My Text
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #1423
jryano

Quote:

Sounds cool...and we'd be able to rule out any problems it being in your wiring etc and know that it's the Unit and not internal of the Jeep...I will have a couple MyGigs we can plug into your jeep ...Gonna send you a PM with My Text
Ok so it's working. I removed the RER, then pulled the J13 fuse let it sit, put the RER back in, and then put the J13 back in. It's working fine as of right now. I've taken a pic of the system info.
image-3258511987.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #1424
meon2wheels
2011 JK Wrangler 

Mine repeats every 3weeks or so, curious how you make out.
image-4094856031.jpg  
meon2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #1425
jryano

Be lucky that you're getting three weeks. I literally get 20 minutes of use and then it might not come back on for a day or more. Mine is off more than its on.

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.