MyGig anyone? - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #1351
pizzle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverknight View Post
Across the bottom of the screen is a button that says list. Try hitting that and it should make the info come back if that is the problem.
Yeah....tried that....it's not the problem.

Thanks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Lifted 4-doors give me wood.
pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #1352
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've discovered I like the RER lady over RHR lady. The new RHR now exclusively uses its own speech for navigation instead of the lesser canned information, but the system no longer tells you the distance before a turn. It just says to turn on a street when you're still a half mile away. Granted, the EVIC will display such distance, but not having the nav tell you the distance prior seems silly. Furthermore, RHR lady takes way too long to describe highway and freeway names. RER lady described them rather quickly whereas RHR lady enunciates every single letter and actually uses the cardinal british method for numbers (ie: it'll say "highway one hundred five" whereas RER lady simply said "one-oh-five").

This is by no means a big deal, just seems like a step backwards for the next generation of a well-established product.
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #1353
pizzle
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just went back out to the Jeep and everything seemed to be operating normally. Not sure whether to be happy about that or not. I'm running software v9.668 so I guess maybe an upgrade is in order?

Just found this at mofv.com site:

version 9.807 fixed the following bug (among other things):
Major Bug fixes
- Fixed all audio mutes (missing audio) on Start Up.

This was my issue today! (I think) Anyone know if I should only upgrade to a certain version (like 9.807), or can/should I just go to version 2.402? Sorry if this was already addressed in prior posts.

Quote:

Last edited by pizzle; 10-19-2011 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: added more content
Unread 10-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #1354
napu
2012 JK Wrangler 

new jeep

Just picked up my 2012 Sahara ul with the RHB radio and uconnect. Works great and has the travel links. The VR works good except it won't do any nav functions as the RER did. The radio was a dealer add-in so I am not sure if it should have the VR nav functions or not?
napu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #1355
BigRick
2008 WK 

Pizzle - I have an 08 w/ the RER system and had your exact issue. It will happen again... That old software version has some issue w/ corrupting the hard drive. Get all over that mofv site and upgrade your system to the latest. You may even need to run the fix for a corrupted drive. Just as a point of reference, I did not run the corrupted drive fix, only did the upgrades and it workes great. I still have the disks if your not comfortable downloading and burning.... good luck, once you get past the first one its easy.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #1356
BigRick
2008 WK 

Sorry... I did each upgrade separately. It's several discs by now. I would rather spend the extra time to be thorough then end up w/ a $2k brick in the dashboard. Honestly I recall on mofv for at least some of the updates, you need to have the exact previous version already installed.
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #1357
pizzle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Pizzle - Get all over that mofv site and upgrade your system to the latest.
Done!

Quote:
You may even need to run the fix for a corrupted drive. Just as a point of reference, I did not run the corrupted drive fix, only did the upgrades and it workes great.
Since it started working again, I did not run the corrupted drive patch.

Quote:
I still have the disks if your not comfortable downloading and burning.... good luck, once you get past the first one its easy.
Thanks for the offer! I was able to burn the disc.

Quote:
Sorry... I did each upgrade separately. It's several discs by now. I would rather spend the extra time to be thorough then end up w/ a $2k brick in the dashboard. Honestly I recall on mofv for at least some of the updates, you need to have the exact previous version already installed.
I just applied the latest version (2.403). I did confirm with mofv that I didn't need to apply each upgrade individually before I installed it. Just installed it today and it seems to be working great! Only issue is I lost my Jukebox icon. I seem to recall reading somewhere that it got hidden in another menu, but I can't find it.

Thanks for the offer to help!

Quote:
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #1358
jntheinz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Do I need a GPS Antenna?

I just purchased a RER system for my Wrangler. The Nav is not working at all it is because I do not have an antenna? I did find a site that sells them and purchased one. I am now in the process of updating the Gracenotes and Software (have not installed yet). Is there anything else that I am missing? So far the radio works great and the Sat. radio works great. Do I need to purchase updated maps?
Thank you in Advance for those who take the time to help answer ???'s fro newbies like myself.
Tina
jntheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #1359
jntheinz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Software RER Update issue

I went to mofv.com and downlaoded the 2.402 ver. I burned the 3 files to a disk, put it into the cd player and got screeching noises and on the scree it says sounds of wolves. Never got an update screen? Anyone have help on that one?
Tina
jntheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 03:35 AM   #1360
srode
2008 XK Commander 

Ok, NEWB here to al this update stuff for MyGIG radios. We have a 2008 Commander with MyGig, I assume it's an RER? Been trying to play music copied from my computer HDD to a USB stick and it won't recognize the USB, says's it's not supported or there are no supported files on the device. It has music ripped from CDs using Windows Media player on it in WAV file format - do I need to change the format to something else?

Also, I don't see a Jukebox icon, only AUX or HDD - is this supposed to have a Jukbox in the radio?
1969 Camaro Pace Car
1969 Camaro Hard top
91 Cherokee - sold at 188,000 miles, still runing great at 250k last report
srode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #1361
gumbydammit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can anyone give me any more info on the drive corruption problem (how it manifests, & fix)? I recently bought an '07 that has an RER unit. The PO told me that once amonth or so it quits working and he has to pull the fuse to get it going again.

Well, so far it's more like a once per week problem for me. Basically I get in and start it up and instead of the "JEEP" logo, I get nothing. If I push the hard buttons, the backlights will come on, the Jeep logo comes up and then all goes dark again. If I get out and pull the fuse and let it sit for a few minutes, all is good again. I'm wondering if the drive is corrupt and causing it to not boot properly? Any other ideas?

I checked the Chrysler site after I bought it and they listed the latest software update mentioned in the thread and had a place for me to sign up for a free install disk, but I haven't seen it yet (almost four weeks). I'm hoping that an update will put it right, but wondered if anyone else had experienced the issue or had a fix.

Thanks!

BTW - More info here on MyGig than anywhere else I've found. I searched all over the place and it brought me right back here to JF. Imagine that, should have looked here to begin with!!
gumbydammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #1362
gumbydammit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

srode - I think the jukebox button was an add on in the later versions of the software (it's 3 AM and I've been reading for hours so forgive me if I'm mis-remembering). If you go to the original MyGig sticky under the JK Technical Forum, you'll see some great info on software versions, updates and what they include.
gumbydammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #1363
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com View Post
Dealers locally knew of MyGIG but nobody was ordering them and they had none on the lot. As an option it's something like $1,500, as a part it's more like $2,100. Aftermarket products run about a grand, though a few are in the $1,500-$1,800 range. Pioneer's AVIC is popular, so is JVC's but it doesn't fit the factory dash opening.

Jeff
The AVIC kicks ***. I have been running one for about 2 years now.
DigitalPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #1364
BigRick
2008 WK 

Srode - To my knowledege the Jukebox was simply a tab to hold playlists - and was kind of duplicated with in the actual playlist. In later releases it was removed in favor of just using playlists. As far as what unit you have,..most that I have seen have small text in the lower right corner printed on the unit "RER" or whatever.

Wav files are generally huge. Try just putting your orig store bought CD in the unit and see if it will rip. If you don't have the CD, try formatting your audio on the stick as .mp3 - if it still doesn't see it, try re-formatting the stick (or get a new one) then put the audio on as an .mp3 and try again.
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #1365
BigRick
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbydammit View Post
Can anyone give me any more info on the drive corruption problem (how it manifests, & fix)? I recently bought an '07 that has an RER unit. The PO told me that once amonth or so it quits working and he has to pull the fuse to get it going again.
Updating the software is your first step. Makes sense that a corrupt drive could cause the issues your having. If it were mine I would do the updates and see what happens.

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.