MyGig anyone? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 09-26-2007, 07:28 AM   #121
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

You don't have anything sitting on top of the compass, do you? I've seen posts where when people sometimes put their phone there, it'll disorient it.

aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #122
Woodmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
You don't have anything sitting on top of the compass, do you? I've seen posts where when people sometimes put their phone there, it'll disorient it.
No nothing is on top of the compass. I'm dreading that I have to take the whole thing apart again!
Thanks
Woodmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #123
mca1977jpsnet

Did you point the GPS anntenna in the correct direction on the radio/Jeep?
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #124
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have had my 08 Sahara for a few days now and I just love the MyGig unit! Everything seems to work just fine so far......the nav system even got me home from work the one day... I decided to try out a DVD Video on the unit and I get all the audio, but no video portion......anyone else try to play a DVD in the unit? I read the manual and it says an automatic vehicle needs to be in "P" for it to work and a manual (which I have) says to have the parking brake engaged. I engaged the brake and with the engine off and the key in ACC, it still won't play the video, I can touch through the screens and when I select the view video, it still doesn't come on. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks

Todd
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #125
buildingjeeps

So what do these units look like? Anybody wants to post picture of the screen in GPS mode? You can view movies on it? Wow.

I have the stock GPS in my 2003 Rubicon and love it. I wonder if the new ones use different software.
buildingjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #126
Cyclops62
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravely_todd
I have had my 08 Sahara for a few days now and I just love the MyGig unit! Everything seems to work just fine so far......the nav system even got me home from work the one day... I decided to try out a DVD Video on the unit and I get all the audio, but no video portion......anyone else try to play a DVD in the unit? I read the manual and it says an automatic vehicle needs to be in "P" for it to work and a manual (which I have) says to have the parking brake engaged. I engaged the brake and with the engine off and the key in ACC, it still won't play the video, I can touch through the screens and when I select the view video, it still doesn't come on. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks

Todd
Some states require for the dealership to disabble this function. Check with your dealership
Cyclops62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #127
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

If it is disabled, is there a way around it ? I would really like it to work not to watch while I am driving of course, but just in case......

Thanks

Todd
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #128
iambeekay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby
Oh sure, put his name out there.

Now I'll owe my father in law even more dinners when we head up to Detroit at Christmas.
Ha! Well thank him for me as you open up that wallet!

the update worked perfectly and I appreciate his help.

your point is dead on the money regarding OEM versus aftermarket.

One thing that I like about what the MyGIG does versus the unit i had made by Denso (OEM for Caddy) is the flexibility of the interface, the options for images and the thoughtfulness of giving some of the hard drive space to the owner to put music on there.

I do like the fact that you can buy the add on modules to get integration features like Ipod and phone. i wish they were a little more affordable, but with the automaker as the middleman, they love to mark things up...

Keep it up!
bk
2001 Audi A4 1.8 TQMS Silver
2004 Bigfoot 29SL Ford F450 V10 4 Season RV
1974 Harley Sportster XLCH
iambeekay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #129
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

Disabled DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops62
Some states require for the dealership to disabble this function. Check with your dealership
It is set by state at the factory. Mine was shipped to Florida originally so it was disabled. Bought it in Mississippi so the dealership was able to re-set it to work but only when stopped or in neutral. I do not want it to work in motion, too many distractions as is. However, for about $400 you can by a by-pass so it will work in motion.
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #130
buildingjeeps

Any more info on the bypass?
buildingjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #131
fitlow

Mp3

I have not got my jeep or mygig yet. I would think you could use itunes to convert a playlist to mp3. Then using your ipod as an external harddrive load your songs and transfer to the unit. Then go back erase the music from your ipod resync and your ipod should be back to normal. Sounds tough but that is how I got all the music on my mac to my wifes pc.
fitlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #132
helladotnet

Wrangler Rubicon MyGig DVD issue

I picked up my '08 wrangler w/ myGig a week ago and have found that I can't play video on it even w/ the emergency brake on (it is a manual trans). I took it to the dealer today so they could try the StarScan tool on it to make sure it was set up for Ohio vs. Mi but just got the call that it did not resolve the issue. They are ordering a new myGig but am shocked that the head unit is really the issue. Any help that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone know how/where to download the upgrade for the CD GraceNote information on the unit?

One more question... what is the recommended new wrangler "break in" period? I am at 250 miles and still not taken it above 2500 RPMs.
helladotnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #133
naplesrubicon
2008 JK Wrangler 

mygig part 84 now showing

this thread is like a friday the 13th marathon
can someone just list where to get all the parts to make my gig work in any situation with a dvd playing while driving 100 in a school zone and have hands free phone with it to so i can call howard stern on sirius and tell him all about aftermarket radios
thanks
naplesrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #134
Denny2565
2012 JK Wrangler 

I saw where someone was having trouble with the nav system. And since I'm too lazy to read all of the posts to see if anyone offered a solution, here's what I found out. My mygig was having it's moments of being anywhere from 50 ft to 10 miles off of were I actually was. I went to the dealership and got the "it seems to be working fine now" line. I also showed cellphone pics of me in the river, in a field, etc. and told him I've read about this problem in a few bulletin boards. He called a Chrysler hotline and told me they were ordering a cable that connects the antenna to the mygig system; something about the ohms. The cable hasn't come in yet, but when it does, I'll let everyone know if that fixes the problem.
Denny2565 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #135
sajbro
2007 JK Wrangler 

MyGig wiring harness

I ordered a MyGig system from the dealer in February for my 2007 Jeep Sahara 4-Door. It took about 3 months to finally come in. Now they tell me that they can't install it because they don't have a wiring harness or bezel. They can't seem to get a part number for it either. They tell me that Chysler is telling them it should be available in the last quarter of '07. Can anyone help?

Thanks
sajbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.