MyGig anyone? - Page 86 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #1276
dogshrimper
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a RBZ without Sirius (5064675AH) and want to enable uConnect. I know I need a mike but what about the bluetooth itself, do I need an add on or is it built in?

I've seen different reports, anyone actually done it and and confirm for sure?

dogshrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #1277
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

This may have already been answered but I try and download song to mygig and they show up as garb what's up with that. Also I can't connect my iPhone to upload music why is that.
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #1278
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshrimper View Post
I have a RBZ without Sirius (5064675AH) and want to enable uConnect. I know I need a mike but what about the bluetooth itself, do I need an add on or is it built in?

I've seen different reports, anyone actually done it and and confirm for sure?
I believe u need a module kit, with mic. Pricey.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #1279
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
Also I can't connect my iPhone to upload music why is that.
That's normal -- iPods/iPhones are generally one-way devices. You can put music on them, but unless you have a special program, you can't take anything OFF of them.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #1280
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
That's normal -- iPods/iPhones are generally one-way devices. You can put music on them, but unless you have a special program, you can't take anything OFF of them.
I don't know about the iPhone, but if you set an iPod to "enable disc use" you absolutely can pull the music off of it via the USB onto the MyGig. The downside was, it will pull it all off (minus any iTunes purchases that are protected) and will not break them down into your set playlists, etc.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #1281
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

There is no "disk use" mode on iPhones/iPod touches, I thought they had done away with it completely. Cool to know it's still around on some of the others.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #1282
dogshrimper
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
I believe u need a module kit, with mic. Pricey.
Found one online for $250 with the iPod harness, saved a bundle on the RBZ itself ($350 new) so figure I'm still ahead and ordered today
dogshrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #1283
KarKat

afraid to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgsx96 View Post
The technique to make video work while in gear works! The one caveat is you have to downgrade your firmware to 8.400. I am not sure what you "lose" by doing it, but I can listen to terrestrial and satellite radio AND watch DVDs while in motion and that will be the extent of my use so all good here!
... Just wondering... does this affect my warranty?? do I tell the dealer that I've done this?
How much does this cost? ...

Is purchasing this Lockpick the only option?
I'm not really interested in all the other things Lockpick has to offer... but if this is the only method - i will give it a try.
Does this show on the interior of the vehicle?

Last edited by KarKat; 11-22-2010 at 12:59 AM..
KarKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #1284
jester116th
2005 LJ Wrangler 

How do i connect my ipod to my radio so that i can control the ipod with the radios controls? I have the center consol USB port and the radio is a Media Center 430N RHB in a 2011 wrangler rubicon unlimited.

I hook up the ipod and the radio says reading but then after a few minute i get an error msg thx in advance
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #1285
dandspawn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Arrrgh! Hard drive problems

Had the 08 Rubicon for a couple of months now, and my hard drive wont play what I have downloaded to it nor will it allow me to write new discs to it. In the past I would not be able to choose my loaded music, but the problem would correct on its own, but this time its been down for a few days, and no amount of turning the power on or off will correct it. Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forum and didnt see anyone with this problem. Thanks in advance.
dandspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #1286
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

I returned your PM. You'll be fine.

MYGIG Database Thread

JK Sahara 2dr
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #1287
dandspawn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks so much for the help. Found the guy and improvements are on the way.
dandspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #1288
JTColorado
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have the same problem, any solutions?
JTColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #1289
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
How do i connect my ipod to my radio so that i can control the ipod with the radios controls? I have the center consol USB port and the radio is a Media Center 430N RHB in a 2011 wrangler rubicon unlimited.

I hook up the ipod and the radio says reading but then after a few minute i get an error msg thx in advance

You need to get the iPod control cable which piggybacks with the uconnect system, this wire connects at the back of the mygig, not the front.

MYGIG Database Thread

JK Sahara 2dr
Unread 02-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #1290
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ron - I see the iPod cable that is only compatible with '09+, is there a cable currently made for an '08 RER?

Mike
Hi I'm terry and I like boobs, sheep, knives, guns, mobile homes, bomber hats and FSJs and old novas, the Ohio state buckeyes, younger women, planes, porsches, semi trucks, guys who spell their name THom, women who love cats and Prius', men who play or used to play rugby, thigh highs, red heads, blondes, brunettes, brown heads, and the dimples right above the crack of a womans bottom.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.