MyGig anyone? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #106
iambeekay
2007 JK Wrangler 

my Mygig just started speaking spanish on me last week; as it did for another person on forum. i hit up the email in this post for Harman/Becker and Steve MONTEALEGRE sent me an email right back and sent out a CD fedex over the weekend, which should show up today. Great guys! Thanks Steve!

Love MyGig!!

2001 Audi A4 1.8 TQMS Silver
2004 Bigfoot 29SL Ford F450 V10 4 Season RV
1974 Harley Sportster XLCH
iambeekay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #107
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

At startup of the JK I have lost all my satellite presets and set them all on channel 184 Weather Channel. I will send an email and see what is said

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #108
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Weird. Today, mine wouldn't change Sirius channels, no matter which method I tried. It was stuck on channel 36. I emailed the address in this thread and he replied back, asking if mine was stuck on channel 184. Letting my JK set for an hour fixed my MyGig.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2007, 02:56 AM   #109
cbmaddixrn
2008 JK Wrangler 

suggestions for aftermarket MyGig

Any suggestions for acquiring a MyGig aftermarket? Is it possible to have one installed at the dealership? I purchased an 08 Rubi about 2 weeks ago and after reading through the forum would love to have something like MyGig installed. Any suggestions?
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #110
SAHARAFUDD

After market Mygig

I purchased a Mygig from Mr.cd1 on ebay a month ago, the price price
was ok I guess ($1500), delivery was a couple of days.

Took it to the dealer and had them install the Mygig and the sat. ant. for about $200. I have had no problems with it, they even goofed and
gave me the free Sirius for one year.
SAHARAFUDD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #111
JYogi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Umm you are supposed to get free Sirius for a year, that was no goof.

I would go for something else aftermarket (Kenwood or Pioneer) you will spend about the same money and get a much better system. People have been having minor issues with MyGig
JYogi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #112
iambeekay
2007 JK Wrangler 

mygig went back to english on its own

i should have my cd with the update today, according to fedex. when i started it up this morning, it went from spanish back to english. bonus!

I have had my reset itself before (all back to the weather 'channel')

as far as aftermarket versus the mygig: i would look to see what is important to you. i would tend to go towards aftermarket if I am 'upgrading' my head unit. There are many features that an OEM unit would not have, as they are working extra hard to meet the safety requirements of the car manufacturer. I would guess (only a guess) that aftermarket units like the pioneer would allow video viewing during driving (for those with kids and such). for an OEM unit, the MYGig is quite good, with far more features and personal configuration than any that 'I' have had. That is not saying it is as good as any individual unit, or the best all in one aftermarket HU's. I am just saying its pretty darn good in my opinion.

OEM is great, however, for those that want that OEM look. Aftermarket stuff looks, well, aftermarket. Most of us are fine with that, but some really WANT that OEM look.

Rockin!
bk
2001 Audi A4 1.8 TQMS Silver
2004 Bigfoot 29SL Ford F450 V10 4 Season RV
1974 Harley Sportster XLCH
iambeekay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:55 AM   #113
mca1977jpsnet

My-gig and Accessories.

Only a select few LLC 2007 vehicles have (RER) My-Gig yet.
JK- Wrangler
JS- Sebring (4dr/conv), Avenger
KA- Nitro
MK- Compass/Patriot

other 2008 and beyond models will get them soon. They are
HB/HG- Durango/Aspen
KK- Liberty??
RT- Minivan
WK/XK Grand Cherokee/Commander
LX/LY- Charger/300/Magnum/Challenger
and more??
Chrysler is have a huge supply and demand issue as they can't keep up with demand. Accessory part # has been coming out for 9 months now. They won't release Mopar My-Gig install kits 'til they don't need them on the production line?? Or so I'm told by Chrysler Specifier. Some Models will have built back uip camera features; as the Commander already has these on older REC Nav (not My-Gig) systems from the factory. Mopar is working on an add-on feature to enable back up to work with factory Nav units.

Anyone looking for (RER) My-Gig and Add-ons Mopar does have parts that will work. They won't release them officially for the JKs because it being a full Convertable. Too much road noise when the top is down. Which doesn't make since the JS-Sebring convertable is just that and has these features from the factory??

1. Jeep JK My-Gig Radio (restricted part) msrp $1860.00 c=$1550.00
2. My-Gig antenna (not included with factory radio) msrp $40.85 c=$35.00
3. Siruis antenna kit msrp $80.00 c=$65.00
4. U-connect (Bluetooth) Hands Free kit $235.00 c=$200.00
5. iPOD Integration kit (Controlled via head unit, Ipod and cord stores in glovebox) p# 82209617AC msrp $215.00 C= $190.00
Also if anyone needs a MyGig owners manual (seperate of Vehicle manua)l they are $19.00 ea.

All parts are brand new through Jeep/Mopar.
PM me if anyones interested in any of these items.
Thanks.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #114
mca1977jpsnet

My-gig and Accessories.

Only a select few LLC 2007 vehicles have (RER) My-Gig yet.
JK- Wrangler
JS- Sebring (4dr/conv), Avenger
KA- Nitro
MK- Compass/Patriot

other 2008 and beyond models will get them soon. They are
HB/HG- Durango/Aspen
KK- Liberty??
RT- Minivan
WK/XK Grand Cherokee/Commander
LX/LY- Charger/300/Magnum/Challenger
and more??
Chrysler is have a huge supply and demand issue as they can't keep up with demand. Accessory part # has been coming out for 9 months now. They won't release Mopar My-Gig install kits 'til they don't need them on the production line?? Or so I'm told by Chrysler Specifier. Some Models will have built back uip camera features; as the Commander already has these on older REC Nav (not My-Gig) systems from the factory. Mopar is working on an add-on feature to enable back up to work with factory Nav units.

Anyone looking for (RER) My-Gig and Add-ons Mopar does have parts that will work. They won't release them officially for the JKs because it being a full Convertable?? Too much road noise when the top is down. Which doesn't make since the JS-Sebring convertable is just that and has these features from the factory??

1. Jeep JK My-Gig Radio (restricted part) msrp $1860.00 c=$1550.00
2. My-Gig antenna (not included with factory radio) msrp $40.85 c=$35.00
3. Siruis antenna kit msrp $80.00 c=$65.00
4. U-connect (Bluetooth) Hands Free kit $235.00 c=$200.00
5. iPOD Integration kit (Controlled via head unit, Ipod and cord stores in glovebox) p# 82209617AC msrp $215.00 C= $190.00
Also if anyone needs a MyGig owners manual (seperate of Vehicle manua)l they are $19.00 ea.

All parts are brand new through Jeep/Mopar.
PM me if anyones interested in any of these items.
Thanks.
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #115
Woodmen

MyGig Connections

What do the yellow white and blue connections in the back of the mygig connect with? I just need to know which one is the GPS antenna, Sirius satelite and the third?
Woodmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #116
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmen
What do the yellow white and blue connections in the back of the mygig connect with? I just need to know which one is the GPS antenna, Sirius satelite and the third?
i do not remember what is what i just know the blue cable connects to the blue yellow to yellow and white to white its very easy

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #117
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeekay
my Mygig just started speaking spanish on me last week; as it did for another person on forum. i hit up the email in this post for Harman/Becker and Steve MONTEALEGRE sent me an email right back and sent out a CD fedex over the weekend, which should show up today. Great guys! Thanks Steve!

Love MyGig!!
Oh sure, put his name out there.

Now I'll owe my father in law even more dinners when we head up to Detroit at Christmas.

As an aside, the mygig is a great unit, capable of a LOT more than DCX then now Chrysler/(whatever they are called) will allow or would allow.
People are comparing the 'OEM' unit to pioneers and the like. There is a flaw with that. OEM units have CRAZY specs that are needed to be met. X seconds from turn on until sound, X seconds for this, X power draw. It's really almost impossible (has overheard some things) to put all the "features" and have it met the specs.
If you release an aftermarket unit, you don't have to deal with all the crazy OEM requirements.

Also, about the guy selling the manuals, if anyone wants one, I've got a digital copy you can have. And it's about 19$ cheaper. But that email shipping is a PITA sometimes.

Also, ride in a "normal" convertible at highway speed. Then ride in even a JK with the top down, doors off at speed.
Tell me which is louder/easier to work with a hands free bit.
It goes back to the OEM bit. For an aftermarket unit you'll understand, "This won't work at 75 with no top/doors." But Jimmy the new jeep buyer, would NOT understand that, and suddenly the dealer is stuck with an unhappy customer or a returned unit.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #118
Woodmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
i do not remember what is what i just know the blue cable connects to the blue yellow to yellow and white to white its very easy
Thanks! I'm getting the MyGig in the next few days and wanted to make sure I new what all the plugs were for before I attempted the install.
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #119
mca1977jpsnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmen
Yellow = ?MyGig Nav GPS?
Blue = Sirius
White = ?
Grey = GPS
Black = Radio anntenna

They are color coded/reduntant, they are also different slye connector and diffi**** to mess up.
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #120
Woodmen

Mygig Install

I just hooked up mygig tonight and after putting everything back together I realized that the compass now stays on W. I checked the connection and it was fine. The GPS antenna is on top of the radio to the left of the compass. Does anyone have any suggestions or know why the compass is not working?
Thanks

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.