MyGig anyone? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #91
Mr.Unlimited
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just got a call from my salesman to tell me that my Sahara with myGiG will be delayed. Part restrictions is what I am told. There is no guarantee on when I will get the jeep. My wife does not want it if this feature is not available. I guess its time to make some phone calls. This sucks. I guess if nothing can be done as of now, we have the option of cancelling the order until a later date. Doing that may take me out of line of getting the MyGiG when it becomes available.

Last edited by Mr.Unlimited; 08-13-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Mr.Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #92
Ben Hedrick
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Unlimited
I just got a call from my salesman to tell me that my Sahara with myGiG will be delayed. Part restrictions is what I am told. There is no guarantee on when I will get the jeep. My wife does not want it if this feature is not available. I guess its time to make some phone calls. This sucks. I guess if nothing can be done as of now, we have the option of cancelling the order until a later date. Doing that may take me out of line of getting the MyGiG when it becomes available.
Pioneer makes a unit VERY close to the MyGig that cost about $1000. if that would be an option. I love the MyGig, but if you love or want your Jeep more, well then....
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Black Super Sahara (sold)
2002 4.0L AEV Brute TJ - (sold)
2003 6.4L HEMI AEV Brute
Ben Hedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #93
SAHARAFUDD

I should have asked this earlier

I read a couple of posts of folks getting the Mygig from MR.CD1 over on e-bay...

Are those of you who have received these from MR.CD1 still happy with what you got? Any problem with dealer service installing them?

I just purchased one from him and it's being shipped as we speak... anybody know how he is coming with these when the dealer seems to be having trouble
getting them? They aren't stolen are they?

Like I said, I should have asked before I purchased.
SAHARAFUDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #94
2007UnlimitedNJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

My Gigs on ebay

Not to alarm you, but Jeep is pretty vigilant about saying the MyGigs are not to be purchased aftermarket ubless by a dealer (who still most likely can't get it). They were manufactured to be sold specifically in the cars as new and that seems to be the contract with the radio manufacturer.

If you do get one off ebay, I would not ask too many questions... just be happy you found one.

If you have to install it yourself, it is VERY easy... and hence also easy for someone to take it out.

Good luck!

PS > I have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 and love it.
2007UnlimitedNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #95
Aaron'sjeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

According to my delaer mygig is held up until mid September on all new vehicles.

I think I'll have my Rubi by 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #96
diverted

I have an '08 on order with a status of "D"..which from what I gather means they have all parts confirmed...and I assume this means the mygig as well. The dealer said that status indicates I should have the vehicle in 2-3 weeks as it is likely just waiting for paint and then shipment...

Is my logic wrong somewhere or is the dealer filling me with BS?
diverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #97
SAHARAFUDD

I got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHARAFUDD
I read a couple of posts of folks getting the Mygig from MR.CD1 over on e-bay...

Are those of you who have received these from MR.CD1 still happy with what you got? Any problem with dealer service installing them?

I just purchased one from him and it's being shipped as we speak... anybody know how he is coming with these when the dealer seems to be having trouble
getting them? They aren't stolen are they?

Like I said, I should have asked before I purchased.
I received the Mygig from Mr.CD1 the other day, wienied out and had the dealer
install it as well as the SAT radio antennea, no problems works great.

I haven't played with all of the features yet, but I will
SAHARAFUDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #98
Cyclops62
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverted
I have an '08 on order with a status of "D"..which from what I gather means they have all parts confirmed...and I assume this means the mygig as well. The dealer said that status indicates I should have the vehicle in 2-3 weeks as it is likely just waiting for paint and then shipment...

Is my logic wrong somewhere or is the dealer filling me with BS?

My dealer also told me they MYGiG restriction has been lifted. So they must have them now....
Cyclops62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #99
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

mr cd1 I think works at a jeep dealer but I got mine from him with no problems and it should only take you 15 minutes to install

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #100
rooster5333
2007 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone figured out a bypass so you can watch a DVD while in drive. Mind you not for myself but my wife might like it.
rooster5333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #101
copout221

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster5333
Has anyone figured out a bypass so you can watch a DVD while in drive. Mind you not for myself but my wife might like it.
Yea, the module will cost you between $350.00 and $400.00. Too much for me, I will wait until the price comes down.
copout221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #102
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
If that is an aftermarket cover above the MyGig, who makes it?
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #103
JYogi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any reason why I should go with the MyGig over the Pioneer?

I am looking at the AVIC-Z2 and for about what it would cost to get an aftermarket MyGig and have it installed I can get the Pioneer installed.
JYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #104
giant870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyoferin
Its a Daystar Upper Dash Panel.
http://www.daystarweb.com/ItemForm.a...1020&Category=
giant870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #105
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyoferin
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12500_230.htm

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.