MyGig anyone? - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #811
mkalig
2008 JK Wrangler 

My lockpic crashed yesterday can any one help?

PHILIPS VisionPlus (Clear) +50
Rugged Ridge RRC Rocker Guards
mkalig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #812
johnrandazzo

HELP W/MYGIG POI Navigation!! Showing POI's 500-700 Miles AWAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyB View Post
I can't figure out why when I look for a POI by entering the name like Sams or even Costco the closest ones are like 600 miles away in SC. I live in FL and they are all over. Now if I do a search for BP or Shell it list the ones right down the road. Do they just not have those in the system for FL or is there something wrong. I have my default state set to FL.
I have this EXACT SAME problem with mine.... whenever I enter the NAME of a POI, it lists them like 500-700 miles away.... it's very strange!! NAV works just fine if I enter in just addresses, and if I look at the category view for the business (and hope it's there)....

Can one of the SENIOR posters help us out?? I'd REALLY appreciate it it's driving me nuts!!
johnrandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #813
johnrandazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyB View Post
I can't figure out why when I look for a POI by entering the name like Sams or even Costco the closest ones are like 600 miles away in SC. I live in FL and they are all over. Now if I do a search for BP or Shell it list the ones right down the road. Do they just not have those in the system for FL or is there something wrong. I have my default state set to FL.
I have this EXACT SAME problem with mine.... whenever I enter the NAME of a POI, it lists them like 500-700 miles away.... it's very strange!! NAV works just fine if I enter in just addresses, and if I look at the category view for the business (and hope it's there)....

Can one of the SENIOR posters help us out?? I'd REALLY appreciate it it's driving me nuts!!
johnrandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #814
highoctane
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrandazzo View Post

You need to search within a city instead of just entering the name. If you don't use search within a city it brings up stuff on the other coast if it has the name your looking for.

'13 WK2 Laredo E - Black Forest Green, 3.6. SOLD

'13 WK2 Deep Cherry Red Trail Hawk - 3.6, sunroof, Nav, loaded.
highoctane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #815
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

What backup cameras are you guys using? With the REN and the LockPick is there anything else I need for the camera?

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #816
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

I ended up picking up one of the keyhole cameras on eBay for about $30. I dilled a hole and mounted it flush in my rear bumper. Picture is good, and it's a lot cheaper than the Coastal camera they sell with the lokcpick.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #817
smoothop
1978 CJ7 

How reliable is the MyGIG if used consistently off road? My understanding is that the hard disk is not solid state, so if its a conventional spinning hard disk won't the reliablity of the unit and the data on the hard disk be compromised if it is subjected to vibration? Is this the head unit to get if you wheel often? Anyone experience a hard disk failure?
smoothop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #818
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Its is not SSD, but if you're concerned I would not use the HDD during wheeling activities but since this system was designed for vehicles I don't see why it would be any worse than hours of interstate driving with the bumps and vibrations. Systems like this have been out for awhile, even back to 2000 via Crutchfield, I doubt they'd release something with that many reliability issues.

People have also successfully imaged and upgraded the size of their HDD's, so worst case you may be looking at a new drive, but I'm not concerned about it at all.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #819
asf06
1993 YJ Wrangler 

all in good fun
It can't be a scam. There's pictures of Asian people in business suits pointing at charts and graphs.
PIKE Jeepers #1
Jeep Smokeless #4
asf06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #820
gpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothop View Post
My understanding is that the hard disk is not solid state, so if its a conventional spinning hard disk won't the reliablity of the unit and the data on the hard disk be compromised if it is subjected to vibration?
I believe they use ruggedized hard drives in the MyGig units. There was an ars technica article indicating they use the Seagate EE25.2 series drives. These are designed for high vibration / extreme environments and aren't really comparable to the typical laptop hard drive.
gpb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #821
babesintoyland
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have had My Gig for about 16 months. When I first got it I thought it was a piece of junk, kept locking up, GPS was too slow giving turning directions, maps are a little dated (put me in the middle of a highway instead of the hotel). After a few upgrades I thought the system was much improved and really started liking it. Then Sunday came and I was depending on the GPS to get me home when all of a sudden it stopped giving me directions and just kept going through the rerouting program without ever stoping. I then tried to change the Sirius channel and found that it was froze on channel 8. I was not about to pull over on the highway to shut the Jeep down so the system could reboot. So once again I think this is a piece of junk for what I paid for it. I could have gone with a lesser head unit and a reliable GPS for half what this system cost. I know a lot of you like this, and I love the concept, it just is not reliable enough for what it costs.
Unread 08-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #822
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

OK my MyGig Nav is lost. The Nav thinks it knows where it is but the Jeep is 100 miles away from where the Nav is reading. How do you reset or recalibrate the GPS. I cannot find the access to the engineering menu in the manual. Dealer reflashed mine a few weeks ago without permission and now I have Issues.. Never had issues before and this is the first time I used the Nav since the reflash.

Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to take it back to the stealership... Those guys just don't listen when I ask them not to touch.

Thanks
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #823
gpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
I cannot find the access to the engineering menu in the manual.
Google "mygig engineering menu" -- press three hard keys @ same time: SEEK-UP, SEEK-DOWN, MENU.

Be very careful in there you can mess it up big time.

See http://mofv.com/mygig/ for a site with lots of MyGig info.
gpb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #824
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks gpb I'll check it out.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #825
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

OK found newest MyGig update ver. 2.042 direct from Harmon Becker.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y2mnijzyomm
works awesome.. Especially if you want to use Uconnect and voice control. Mapping in the NAV is also better.

Last edited by JTPhoto; 08-04-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.