MyGig anyone? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 1436 Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
JohnnyBighead
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 102
okay great, im used to doing interior modification stuff, from my own car that i wont reveal because i would probably get run out of town, and i wont have a problem with the trim stuff.

is it just a matter of plugging in the wiring harness and mounting the antennae? I also have the facory sirius, does that connect back into the mygig?

JohnnyBighead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1436 Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
JK_Jeep
Registered User
 
JK_Jeep's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coal City
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead
okay great, im used to doing interior modification stuff, from my own car that i wont reveal because i would probably get run out of town, and i wont have a problem with the trim stuff.

is it just a matter of plugging in the wiring harness and mounting the antennae? I also have the facory sirius, does that connect back into the mygig?
YUP same plugs

( )|||||( )

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline  
post #63 of 1436 Old 07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
JohnnyBighead
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 102
thats what i like to hear, we are really leaning towards the mygig, how does the stored music play? is it just a long list of stuff or can you break it down into folders?
JohnnyBighead is offline  
post #64 of 1436 Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Podedwards
Registered User
 
Podedwards's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Lake, CO
Posts: 150
how it works

By album, artist, song, year and/or track
Podedwards is offline  
post #65 of 1436 Old 07-04-2007, 01:46 PM
JK_Jeep
Registered User
 
JK_Jeep's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coal City
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead
thats what i like to hear, we are really leaning towards the mygig, how does the stored music play? is it just a long list of stuff or can you break it down into folders?
As you install it from a CD it breaks it into a playlist. Usually whatever the CD is titled just like you would view the names on your computer.

Because I am cheap at times, I borrow CD's from my friends for about 15 minutes and upload them on the MYGIG and give it back, they say I thought you wanted to use it,,,hehehehe I did, I copied it onto my stereo already

You can edit the names of the playlists and songs if you like and delete individual songs as well, I found it quicker and easier to copy the entire CD and delete the songs I dont like if there are alot of good songs on the CD

( )|||||( )

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline  
post #66 of 1436 Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 PM
JohnnyBighead
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 102
nice! thats what i like to to hear! can you shuffle all the songs you have on there?
JohnnyBighead is offline  
post #67 of 1436 Old 07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
iambeekay
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rowley MA
Posts: 56
Hey folks, just wanted to add my bit on Mygig. we totally love it. I didn't want it at first, but it was in the jeep that had the other options we wanted... bonus for us!

the Nav is far superior to my former 2004 Cadillac SRX Nav system, that thing was aweful. love the road under construction notices, very accurate right to the door!

They did a really nice job with this product. the USB and jack on the front are very welcome additions to any stock system.
iambeekay is offline  
post #68 of 1436 Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Ben Hedrick
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 252
OK... I've just got my 2007 Sahara with the MyGig and I must say, so far I am not that impressed. My GPS Nav is off A LOT! I was driving to the boat ramp on Sunday crossing the bridge and it showed that I was driving 1/8 of a mile off the bridge and driving through the water, which I wasn't...
And then today, I'm driving down I-95 South and I look and the NAV and it shows that I am driving West and then turning East then making circles all while continuing to drive straight and south. I then turned it off and back on, with no change. It finally got back on track almost 45 minutes later after the screen flashed to solid blue and then it was back on track.
I also don't like that when I save a location that it doesn't allow me to give it a title or specific location. And why when on Sirius can't you save a favorite song playing like on XM?
I know that I am still leaning it but I am very familar with Garmin GPS's and I find this one very basic and challenging. I haven't given up on it yet, but I am not sure I would spend the $1500 on it again.... OK I've thought about it and no I wouldn't spend the money on it again...

Ben

Last edited by Ben Hedrick; 07-09-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Ben Hedrick is offline  
post #69 of 1436 Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
aristobrat
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
And why when on Sirius can't save a favorite song playing like on XM?
My XM receiver never did that. Sounds cool though!!!!
aristobrat is offline  
post #70 of 1436 Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
DieselJK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
OK... I've just got my 2007 Sahara with the MyGig and I must say, so far I am not that impressed. My GPS Nav is off A LOT! I was driving to the boat ramp on Sunday crossing the bridge and it showed that I was driving 1/8 of a mile off the bridge and driving through the water, which I wasn't...
And then today, I'm driving down I-95 South and I look and the NAV and it shows that I am driving West and then turning East then making circles all while continuing to drive straight and south. I then turned it off and back on, with no change. It finally got back on track almost 45 minutes later after the screen flashed to solid blue and then it was back on track.
Ben
Sounds like you've got a fishy unit. I'd wait awhile longer and if it still doesn't know where you are going I'd go back to the dealer. I've had very good luck with mine, it's much better than the portable GPS unit I've got. I do wish it would let me browse the POI's while I'm moving but I understand that's a safety thing. The satelite radio is very nice as well but it does lose the signal quite a bit.
DieselJK is offline  
post #71 of 1436 Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Ben Hedrick
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
My XM receiver never did that. Sounds cool though!!!!
Maybe I'm mis-discribing it. My XM allows me to save a favorite song that I hear on to a list that when ever it's playing on any XM channel it will tell me and I can change to that station. That's really what I mean and miss.
Ben Hedrick is offline  
post #72 of 1436 Old 07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Ben Hedrick
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJK
Sounds like you've got a fishy unit. I'd wait awhile longer and if it still doesn't know where you are going I'd go back to the dealer. I've had very good luck with mine, it's much better than the portable GPS unit I've got. I do wish it would let me browse the POI's while I'm moving but I understand that's a safety thing. The satelite radio is very nice as well but it does lose the signal quite a bit.
My MyGig is totally not working correctly. Last night again while driving straight, the cursor just took off and ran a big 100 mile loop around and near Orlando all while I was still traveling straight. I took it to the dealer today and they are bringing in the local Jeep rep to look into the problem. I'll update this thread once I know more.
Ben Hedrick is offline  
post #73 of 1436 Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
iambeekay
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rowley MA
Posts: 56
your unit sounds damaged!

there are a few folks on this post that mention the same issue ,it was either a reset or a replacement. My unit works perfectly, so far, always right on the road, and all that stuff.

Sirius: I know what you are saying with the favorite song feature. sirius does it, but so far, I have not found out how to do it on 'this' unit. When I had a portable player, I could simply do that with a push of a button.

bk
iambeekay is offline  
post #74 of 1436 Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 AM
PGBronco10
Registered User
 
PGBronco10's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 158
for the Myiggers who have problems with the GPS - i think that is definitely a glitch. you should not have to sit with the jeep on waiting for it to acquire your location. i just get in an go in mine and it works perfectly. also, i havent run in to any missing roads but that may just be my area. im interested to see if Ben gets his unit fixed. i hope you get everything worked out because i think it is a great unit overal. i still cant figure out how to pause a song when its playing on the HD though ha. any suggestions?
PGBronco10 is offline  
post #75 of 1436 Old 07-12-2007, 08:57 PM
DieselJK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 28
pause a song in hd

What I do is just turn the unit off. It picks up right where it left off when you turn it back on. Of course this strategy is slightly flawed if you are using the GPS when you want to pause. Don't have an answer for that one yet.
DieselJK is offline  
Reply

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
new jk mygig ? whyknot JK Wrangler Technical Forum 6 12-16-2012 12:40 PM
Mygig mic for REN or Need whole kit? rgt75 JK Wrangler Technical Forum 2 07-16-2009 08:14 AM
MyGig ver. 9.711 Zaphoid JK Wrangler Technical Forum 2 03-12-2008 10:05 PM
MyGig is here plyzie JK Wrangler Technical Forum 7 03-10-2007 08:01 AM
Mygig Bamoman JK Wrangler Technical Forum 0 02-25-2007 07:02 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome