MyGig anyone? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #46
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

navigation

No, nothing on top of it. I have wondered if there is a lose connection.

Podedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #47
devlsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
You guys aren't setting anything on the console on top of the MyGig are you? Any chance the GPS antenna is being blocked?
Nothing on the top of stereo or anywhere else on the dash...and that's without any top on the vehicle. Definitely seems to be something with the unit losing connection or not being recognized by satelite. Is there anyway to reset unit?
devlsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #48
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadowdaddy
My mygig is now sitting in French. I try to change it back to English, and nothing happens, it stays in French. I think it has to do with the settings on my Sahara Unlimited, as the manual says it takes the settings from the car. Anyone know how to change these settings?
Sent you a PM.
Shoot me an email and I'll give you a contact.
I know on the 300c it's a button on the steering wheel to choose the cars language.

He's looking into where it is on the JK and how to change it.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #49
mailman131313
The Mailman

2007 JK Wrangler 

I got a mygig from ebay (there are still some on there right now...) I put it in with no problems what so ever it plugs right in.. I mounted the gps antenna right on top of the radio just under the top of the dash.. That seems to be working perfectly right now! I plan on getting the freegig and bluegig modules and installing them as well just checking to see how you guys like them first. As for the mygig I love it it has some really amazing features... And it looks like it belongs there!
Unread 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #50
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

Exorcism

The MyGig navigation system has glitches that appears to be common right now: It's off location anywhere from a few blocks to 50 miles; the driving directions (spoken or display) run by too fast with no relationship to where the vehicle is; and it does not show the vehicle in motion on the map.

It worked fine until a screen came up (about 2 weeks after I bought it) stating: "Navigation System Activating" and then it went screwy. Operation manual that came with the car is no help on this at all. Dealership has a good man that just got training on it & will deal with it Monday. Will let you know what he does.

I think there are sub menus and re-set options that we need in a manual. I am confidant that I could deal with it with the needed information.

The sound system is great and the display is fine. Even with the glitches, I like it.

However, may need priest for exorcism.
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #51
Canyonero

I've noticed some glitches when choosing from the Nav menus. You push a button and does nothing. That occured for a while then it seemed to snap out of it after about 5 minutes. I used it for real today to guide me to somewhere I have never been. Worked flawlessly.
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #52
directedby

i just got a new mygig in a box from jeep - then installed -

it has on operating system -

it would be interesting to see what operating systems we all have to see if they are being updated -
directedby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #53
gerrynjr
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've read a bit on these mygig units, apparantly they've got a QNX based os on them (http://www.qnx.com) I wonder what the possiblity is of upgrading them to a larger hard drive?

Oh, and BTW, I noticed www.justforjeeps.com has these guys in stock for 1600, a bit pricey, I'll stick to using my nokia n800 for gps and ipod for music for now
Unread 06-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #54
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wow, they sell the GPS antenna for it separately. Weird. I can see selling the Sirius antenna separately because some JKs may have come with it, but everyone'd need a GPS antenna, no?
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #55
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

MyGig is fantastic

Now that the problem I was having with MyGig is resolved, I am finding it to be a fantastic navigation unit/media player. I just became aware that it is produced by Harman-Kardon. I listen to music at home on my Harman-Kardon receiver which is 35 years old, still producing great sound and never had a problem.
Unread 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #56
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

How did they end up fixing it?
Unread 06-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #57
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
How did they end up fixing it?
Big hammer
Yea, HK made it for them.
It really is an impressive unit.
It could do SOO much more if it wasn't for some of the stupid rules.
I hate that you can't trust people not to be retarded, so they have to limit how you can use it to keep from getting sued.

As for fixing it, it's fixed Just some setup menus basically.
(Real question is, will the dealership let you keep the bad part when they get the new one in. Hehe. I'm sure someone would buy it from you. )

Last edited by hscrugby; 06-27-2007 at 06:05 AM..
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #58
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good Information

I received terrific help from these folks. Could not have been nicer or more helpful. So, if you are having any issues with MyGig e-mail them at this

address:MyGIG@harmanbecker.com
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #59
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

i have seen the justforjeeps link but does anybody know of anywhere else that sells the mygig? i know there are a few on ebay also.

how is the install? do most people do it themselves or is it more of a pro job?
JohnnyBighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #60
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

IMO (and I'm not very gifted or patient when it comes to things like this), it's a piece of cake to install the MyGig.

It's fairly easy to remove the dash trim, then it's only 4 more screws to take the old radio out and replace it with the MyGig. The GPS antenna installs on top of the radio mount, so that's super easy to.

Total time for me was about 15 minutes, and most of that was because I was being anal about not want to put too much pressure on the dash trim when removing it. There is a thread around (check for a link at the beginning of this thread) that show how to take the dash apart.

I bought my MyGig from eBay, and it came w/ the GPS antenna. It replaced the 6-disc + Sirius factory radio my JK came with, so I didn't have to worry about installing any of the Sirius stuff myself.

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.