Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
295K views 1K replies 313 participants last post by  rickou812 
#1 ·
I ordered a MyGig with my Jeep - just wanted to know if anyone has got it yet and how is it?

#77 ·
Ben Hedrick said:
My MyGig is totally not working correctly. Last night again while driving straight, the cursor just took off and ran a big 100 mile loop around and near Orlando all while I was still traveling straight. I took it to the dealer today and they are bringing in the local Jeep rep to look into the problem. I'll update this thread once I know more.
Seriously.
Follow what Podedwards is saying and email them.
Your unit sounds like it's going into a "demo" mode.
The Jeep dealer might or might not know what's going on.
The email addy he's posting is for the design group that designed the MyGig for DCX.
They'll get you straightened out in about 5 minutes.

#78 ·
How cool is it that a radio like this is available to us. Finally Jeep gets it. Just because we are the rugged outdoor type doesn't mean we're not techies. I think this is one of the coolest features in a Jeep in a long time and probably one of the biggest no brainers. Navigation, satellite radio, mp3 player connectivity, seems like a perfect match for a Jeep. I hope these units don't go away. Only one more thing I could ask for would be HD radio. If they added that I couldn't complain about a damn thing. Oh and BTW, is there a competition between HD and satellite? Is that why HD can only be found in BMW's?

#79 ·
fatjeepkid said:
How cool is it that a radio like this is available to us. Finally Jeep gets it. Just because we are the rugged outdoor type doesn't mean we're not techies. I think this is one of the coolest features in a Jeep in a long time and probably one of the biggest no brainers. Navigation, satellite radio, mp3 player connectivity, seems like a perfect match for a Jeep. I hope these units don't go away. Only one more thing I could ask for would be HD radio. If they added that I couldn't complain about a damn thing. Oh and BTW, is there a competition between HD and satellite? Is that why HD can only be found in BMW's?
HD radio is a (bad name to start with, but we won't go there) "progression" for your normal terrestrial based radio stations.
That means it's got the same limitations. You have to find new stations when you travel, you don't know WHAT you will get when you travel, etc etc.
It's cool, yes, but in my area (Raleigh, NC) it means you have 3 college, 4 clear channel, 4 Capital radio, and 1 Radio One stations.
Aka, the exact same crap that makes me listen to NPR or my mp3s from my iPod.
Sat you have your 100 or so channels that are the same pretty much everywhere you would want to go. As for HD being on BMWs, they aren't willing to get into bed with the Sat radio folks, sooo HD they can stick em in and advertise it as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

(Oh yea, and no I don't have a mygig, cause well, I still can't bring myself to buy a new jeep :rofl: but I have played with them quite a bit)

#80 ·
hscrugby said:
Seriously.
Follow what Podedwards is saying and email them.
Your unit sounds like it's going into a "demo" mode.
The Jeep dealer might or might not know what's going on.
The email addy he's posting is for the design group that designed the MyGig for DCX.
They'll get you straightened out in about 5 minutes.
UPDATE: Steve from Harman Becker has been a huge help and we found out the unit was not in demo mode or at least it did not cause my problem. It appears that the GPS itself, the antenna or the Gyro unit has failed. I have an appointment with my dealer and the local Jeep Rep tomorrow to have it looked at. I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome... Jeep on...

#81 ·
Glad they got you straightened out.
I have a feeling I'm going to owe my father in law a dinner when I see him right before camp jeep. :D
(Either that or he's gonna get his daughter to murder me. It wouldn't take much. I mean, everyone knows that's how I'm gonna die. :D
(Either that or in a huge fireball involving a trebuchet, greek fire, and the words, "Hold my beer")

Good luck.

#83 ·
I am about to order a Jeep today. 4-door Sahara with a MyGig (I'll replace the painted fenders with black ones later because the X and Rubicons look better)

Anyway, by the way it sounds ordering a MyGig adds weeks or months to the order so can a person order a Jeep with a MyGig and have the MyGig installed at a later date when it becomes available?

Seems like a decent solution!

Thanks,

David

#84 ·
DavidPalermo said:
I am about to order a Jeep today. 4-door Sahara with a MyGig (I'll replace the painted fenders with black ones later because the X and Rubicons look better)

Anyway, by the way it sounds ordering a MyGig adds weeks or months to the order so can a person order a Jeep with a MyGig and have the MyGig installed at a later date when it becomes available?

Seems like a decent solution!

Thanks,

David
David,
Condsider this, order you Jeep without it and add a Pioneer unit later. They are only $999 and they have just as much or possibly more than the MyGig. I have the MyGig and now love it but with the delays added to you order it might be something to consider.

Ben

#87 ·
Ben Hedrick said:
I ordered my Rubicon on 07/07/07 and my dealer told me the other day that he didn't expect me to see it before Dec. "sometime"... Glad I bought a Sahara too... :)
Is the only hold up the MyGIG?

#88 ·
08 mygig changes??

Looking at the uconnect issues now that the 08's are out is there a change to that feature being disabled? The jeep.com website now says (when you watch the demo of mygig) that there is voice recognition for the nav system which would lead me to believe they activated those features. ANyone know? I have an 08 coming this week with a mygig and if it doesn't work my dealer would install the nav-tv uint for free because of the bad marketing issues and not being told about this beforehand. I would still have to buy the unit but they would install for free. Anyone know if they changed it for 08?????

#91 · (Edited)
I just got a call from my salesman to tell me that my Sahara with myGiG will be delayed. Part restrictions is what I am told. There is no guarantee on when I will get the jeep. My wife does not want it if this feature is not available. I guess its time to make some phone calls. This sucks. I guess if nothing can be done as of now, we have the option of cancelling the order until a later date. Doing that may take me out of line of getting the MyGiG when it becomes available.

#92 ·
Mr.Unlimited said:
I just got a call from my salesman to tell me that my Sahara with myGiG will be delayed. Part restrictions is what I am told. There is no guarantee on when I will get the jeep. My wife does not want it if this feature is not available. I guess its time to make some phone calls. This sucks. I guess if nothing can be done as of now, we have the option of cancelling the order until a later date. Doing that may take me out of line of getting the MyGiG when it becomes available.
Pioneer makes a unit VERY close to the MyGig that cost about $1000. if that would be an option. I love the MyGig, but if you love or want your Jeep more, well then....:rolleyes:

#93 ·
I should have asked this earlier

I read a couple of posts of folks getting the Mygig from MR.CD1 over on e-bay...

Are those of you who have received these from MR.CD1 still happy with what you got? Any problem with dealer service installing them?

I just purchased one from him and it's being shipped as we speak... anybody know how he is coming with these when the dealer seems to be having trouble
getting them? They aren't stolen are they?

Like I said, I should have asked before I purchased.

#94 ·
My Gigs on ebay

Not to alarm you, but Jeep is pretty vigilant about saying the MyGigs are not to be purchased aftermarket ubless by a dealer (who still most likely can't get it). They were manufactured to be sold specifically in the cars as new and that seems to be the contract with the radio manufacturer.

If you do get one off ebay, I would not ask too many questions... just be happy you found one.

If you have to install it yourself, it is VERY easy... and hence also easy for someone to take it out.

Good luck!

PS > I have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 and love it. :2thumbsup:

#96 ·
I have an '08 on order with a status of "D"..which from what I gather means they have all parts confirmed...and I assume this means the mygig as well. The dealer said that status indicates I should have the vehicle in 2-3 weeks as it is likely just waiting for paint and then shipment...

Is my logic wrong somewhere or is the dealer filling me with BS?

#97 ·
I got it

SAHARAFUDD said:
I read a couple of posts of folks getting the Mygig from MR.CD1 over on e-bay...

Are those of you who have received these from MR.CD1 still happy with what you got? Any problem with dealer service installing them?

I just purchased one from him and it's being shipped as we speak... anybody know how he is coming with these when the dealer seems to be having trouble
getting them? They aren't stolen are they?

Like I said, I should have asked before I purchased.
I received the Mygig from Mr.CD1 the other day, wienied out and had the dealer
install it as well as the SAT radio antennea, no problems works great.

I haven't played with all of the features yet, but I will:2thumbsup:

#98 ·
diverted said:
I have an '08 on order with a status of "D"..which from what I gather means they have all parts confirmed...and I assume this means the mygig as well. The dealer said that status indicates I should have the vehicle in 2-3 weeks as it is likely just waiting for paint and then shipment...

Is my logic wrong somewhere or is the dealer filling me with BS?
My dealer also told me they MYGiG restriction has been lifted. So they must have them now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.