MyGig anyone? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #31
kthrash

After you have it all back together test it out.. (I put my microphone here)

and here are the new screens that pop up..

Telephone prompts

Telephone signal strength and battery life left

Sirius prompts

NAV prompts

CD and HDD prompts

AM/FM Prompts

BE CAREFUL! I scratched my display... its hardly noticeable but it still pisses me off.

I am happy.. Well worth the price of admission. :mrgreen: [/img]

kthrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #32
JK-RUBIJON

wow thats awsome thanks for the pics ... keep us posted on how you like it
JK-RUBIJON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #33
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

I cant find that for sale anywhere now, it was on ePAY but not anymore and they dont even list it on the nav tv web page

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #34
kthrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
I cant find that for sale anywhere now, it was on ePAY but not anymore and they dont even list it on the nav tv web page
Call NAV-TV ask for Susanne.. tell her Keith from the JeepForum site sent you.
kthrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #35
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

MyGig

I like mine very much. I have a nav system in my 2006 Grand Cherokee and the one with the MyGig in my 2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited is easier to use. I have ordered the u-connect module ($450) from a vender.
Podedwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #36
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

My experiences with MyGig so far:

Easy to use, happy I kept it in the order

Good integration of CD, Hard Disk, radio, Nav, DVD & Sat

BlueGig from Nav-TV was easy to install and Uconnect works great

Voice Recognition with BlueGig is not very functional for Nav

Incoming phone calls require you press Uconnect button to answer

Guidance prompts volume setting will not save and needs to be increased for each trip (setting stays only when car stays on)

On longer trips (so far > 2 hours), MyGig guidance voice prompts become garbled

On occasions, MyGig has me located about 200 yards from actual location and I get these guidance prompts telling me to get back on track
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #37
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyoferin
Guidance prompts volume setting will not save and needs to be increased for each trip (setting stays only when car stays on)
Try this: When she's speaking, turn her volume up using the regular radio volume knob instead of going thru the menus on the MyGig. Mine remembers volume set that way.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #38
lazerpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
Try this: When she's speaking, turn her volume up using the regular radio volume knob instead of going thru the menus on the MyGig. Mine remembers volume set that way.
Mine too..

You don't have to wait for "her" to speak, just hit the repeat soft button in the top right corner of the screen and adjust the volume with the knob.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #39
tadowdaddy
2007 JK Wrangler 

My mygig is now sitting in French. I try to change it back to English, and nothing happens, it stays in French. I think it has to do with the settings on my Sahara Unlimited, as the manual says it takes the settings from the car. Anyone know how to change these settings?
tadowdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #40
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadowdaddy
My mygig is now sitting in French. I try to change it back to English, and nothing happens, it stays in French. I think it has to do with the settings on my Sahara Unlimited, as the manual says it takes the settings from the car. Anyone know how to change these settings?
Oui, examinez les propriétaires manuels pour assurer les arrangements de langue, changent alors en l'anglais
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
tadowdaddy
2007 JK Wrangler 

lol... translate??
tadowdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #42
devlsh

I just bought my JK last weekend which has My Gig. Every now and then the curser (my Jeep) will remain at one location as I continue to drive. It will tell me it as at one position and I could be 2 miles away. Kind of whacky...has anyone else encountered this problem?
devlsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #43
Podedwards
2007 JK Wrangler 

same problem

Mine was working fine until a screen came up that said "navigation activating" thereafter the arrow does not move and it thinks it is miles closer than it is. Sounds exactly like the problem you have.

My owners manual does not address this. It seems like it may be rebooting and needs to be reoriented but that is a guess and there are no instructions at all. Taking it in Monday to have oil changed & figure this out but I think the service folks don't much better information right now.

What I really need is the tech manual.
Podedwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

You guys aren't setting anything on the console on top of the MyGig are you? Any chance the GPS antenna is being blocked?
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #45
wilyliam

Sadly, I have nothing to add about the GPS woes noted above - but I did want to mention the BlueGig (as I promised many moons ago when I ordered it ...) finally got it installed (I had it done at La Jolla Audio - I've never soldered before, and I don't want to learn on my pretty new Jeep ...) - it was pretty quick, and it works like a charm ...

So I've paired my phone without any problems, the VR recognizes my voice perfectly, I've not had to correct it yet. The microphone is a tiny little R2D2 looking thing just over the stereo head unit, and I don't have to shout at it or anything. Couple of calls I've made, the people on the other end had no idea I was in the car, and I was just talking over the steering wheel, looking straight ahead. I am very pleased.

Haven't tried it with the Freedom Top front pieces out, but I think it MIGHT actually not be that bad, at least if I have the windows rolled up ... but it is perfect with the hardtop on, that's for sure.

Wily
wilyliam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.