MyGig anyone? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Babsicles

Hey alalight - that's a really good tip. Thank you!

Babsicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #17
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainuck
there is something listed as a Trailguide Navigation System in the back of the Brochure...it is just GPs though...no idea what it looks like...was there a NAV offering in the TJ?

On another note...anyone tried to go the website in the Mygig manual for updates? It doesn't work. I sent a message to DC but haven't heard a reply yet

www.chrysler.com/mygig/ is what's in the manual
Copy can be found at: http://jeep.i-thrash.net/bin/MYGIG.pdf

Thanks to JKBOARD
amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #18
goldenthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlight
It does not detach.
Well then....for $1700 I don't know if I would trust that with my soft top on...
2007 Unlimited .:. 6-Speed
4 Door .:. Wrangler X
Rescue Green
[/B][/FONT]
goldenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #19
PGBronco10
2011 WK 

i have had a mygig for several weeks and really like it. there are several things i do not like

1) when playing a song of the HD there doesnt seem to be any way to pause it, instead you have to turn of the entire mygig.

2) every time i start a new nav route i have to go into "nav settings" and turn off the audio prompts.

3) like people were saying above, it is pretty unprotected. i have had the top off for several days and have basically just been putting a trash bag over it when i leave. it wont be long till thieves figure out how to get past this complicvated security device.

finally- for those of you dying for unconnect: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...spagenameZWDVW
PGBronco10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #20
SpinningBull
2007 JK Wrangler 

So why is this so hard?

It looks like this device on EBay is just a noise cancelling mike and an Amp. If this works, why so expensive - and why isn't it available anywhere else?

RedRock, Sahara Unlimited, 6-speed, 4dr, 4x4, MyGig, Dual Tops, Tow Group, 18" wheels, Airbags, LSD - In My Driveway!
SpinningBull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #21
wilyliam

It looks like it actually integrates with myGIG and adds the missing features of U-Connect - though I don't see (from the pictures) whether or not it actually adds voice recognition or the address book ... I just posted a question to the seller on it ...

Wily
wilyliam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #22
iucpa
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilyliam
It looks like it actually integrates with myGIG and adds the missing features of U-Connect - though I don't see (from the pictures) whether or not it actually adds voice recognition or the address book ... I just posted a question to the seller on it ...

Wily
Thank you - I had the same questions. Can you please post when you get the response? I am very anxious to get those features activated.

Thanks!!!
iucpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
wilyliam

Got my answer from the seller:

Item: Jeep Wrangler Bluetooth and voice recognition for MyGIG (160111300623)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
nav-tv is the seller.

Hi Will !
I have a 2007 JK myself
Yes, All features work - Voice recognition, Bluetooth, Address
book. Check www (dot) nav-tv.com/download/chrysler/
BlueGIG.pdf for the installation instructions. You'll find that all
teh features in your MyGIG owners manual work as intended !
Moni 561-400-4444

So I went ahead and bought one! I called the number posted on the auction to see about a dealer referral, because I'm not really interested in LEARNING to solder on my new Jeep - turns out they have a dealer in La Jolla (about 15miles from me) - so within a couple weeks, I should have this thing installed, and can render an opinion! I'm running my Jeep with a Freedom Top - so I expect it to work when the top is up and MAYBE it might be acceptable with the "sunroof" portion out - I don't imagine it would be worth much with the top completely off whist flying along at 70 ...

Wily
wilyliam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
likefre

I just talked to a service rep at the jeep dealer, he says that to enable video while driving you would "cut" a pink wire that runs to the unit but he did not give anymore details.
Has anyone tried this succesfully?
likefre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #25
Rainuck

A few minor things...first, let me apologize because I haven't really had time to go over the manual.

1) is there no way to delete individual songs from the HDD...mine seems to only give the option to delete ALL music...odd.

2) Has anyone experienced song disappearing from the hdd. I ripped one cd in and a song was there for a couple of days and then vanished...I lost the first three tracks from that CD.

3) Updates: the website listed in the manual for updates to the MyGig doesn't work...I e-mailed DC but got no reply...has ayone found OS or gracenote updates available...gracenote fails to recognize many new cd's and I haven't seen where you can input track info.

Again, apologies if all this is in the manual...I'm being lazy posting here as I haven't found time to read it yet.

Thanks

Jason
Rainuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #26
Rainuck

I had a "spontaneous reboot" of my mygig yesterday...it was odd just like it shut off mid song for a second and then restarted the whole unit

Didn't last long at all and been working fine since
Rainuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #27
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

MyGig funnies

Hey - anyone noticed the 'Show turn arrows in media/radio' setting in the Nav menu. if so, can anyone see these turn arrows? I have tried this set to on and off but cannot see turn arrows in the media/radio view. Anyone able to shed light on this?
amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
spolebitski

Went to the dealership today to have my jeep serviced, went into the show room to look a bit. A salesman came over as soon as he saw me and was all about helping me. So I thought I would take a shot in the dark and ask if they had any Mygig's available (so i could see if i wanted to put down the money to buy one for the JK), salesmen was Mygig what's that, never heard of it, are you sure it's mopar / DCX radio, we have one of the best nav systems (old model Grand Cher). I felt like yelling at him and telling him to get to know his product line up (and features) but just went back to the waiting room.
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #29
JK-RUBIJON

does anyone know if you can wire a back up cam to display the image in the mygig screen, that way to keep it clean and not have two different screens
JK-RUBIJON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #30
kthrash

BlueGig module installed.

I purchased a BlueGig module from http://nav-tv.com/index02.htm

I finally got around to installing it this weekend.. it went fairly smoothly other than one minor scratch that I have no idea how it got there.

Anyways.. see the pics below to see the install.

Remove the top cover (note the satellite GPS module and the Sirius antenna are right there under the cover)

Remove the lower cover (note the clips at the top just pull out and then up on the cover)

Pull the radio and HVAC surround out after removing the 4 screws (two at the top and two at the bottom)

Remove the four screws securing the radio in place, then pull straight out and unplug the CAN wiring from the rear.. I did notice that there is an extra plug in the back of the radio that is not used. (I wonder what can be plugged in there.. I would suspect the rear DVD entertainment system goes in there.)

Plug all the associated wiring into each other that is supplied with the BlueGig and I found this nice little spot under the radio to place it. route the microphone wiring through the same hole the satellite GPS and Sirius antenna go through.

When reinstalling the radio/HVAC make sure you have all of your gold clips.. I lost 3 inside the trim and had to remove the side trim pieces to get them out..

kthrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.