MyGig anyone? - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #211
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giller
Mygig question: I have a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon- 6 speed and mygig DVD video doesn't work with the parking brake on. The dealer says that there might not be a fix because there are so few 6 speeds with mygig. Also the USB is not regonized when I plug it in. Any thoughts or heard of fixes for this issue? I don't know if I should of replied on this part of the forum but someone will read it and hopefully reply.
Thanks Giller
Have you tried both picture (JPEG) files and misic (MP3, WMA) files on the USB device? If the USB device works (since you can write to it from a PC/Mac) - then I can only think that the MyGig is not seeing the files, or not seeing the USB device at all...

Hope that helps.

amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #212
gmanJeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwygant
Just contact Harman Becker engineering and inquire about updates to the MyGig software like I did. They will more than likely send you for free the next update burned on a CD.

//Cheers
How do we contact Harman Becker? Their website is not very helpful, so please let m eknow how you contacted them.
Thanks.
Dual Tops w/Freedom Top - Black
4 Speed Automatic Transmission
Tubular Side Steps
MyGIG Multimedia System w/ Navigation
SIRIUS Satellite w/Traffic
gmanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #213
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanJeep
How do we contact Harman Becker? Their website is not very helpful, so please let m eknow how you contacted them.
Thanks.
Back on page 6 of this thread.
e-mail problem to: mygig at harmanbecker.com

It's not really their job to do support, and I have a feeling I'm owing some dinners at Christmas for all the emails he's gotten.
But be polite and they'll help you out.

Cheers
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #214
pwygant
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby
Back on page 6 of this thread.
e-mail problem to: mygig at harmanbecker.com

It's not really their job to do support, and I have a feeling I'm owing some dinners at Christmas for all the emails he's gotten.
But be polite and they'll help you out.

Cheers
I mostly agree with what you are saying... but... I can't accept knowing "MORE" about a product than my official JEEP dealer. They wasted a lot of my time and resources replacing parts and wiring, only to indicate that I shouldn't mess with the equalizer setttings.

I am glad I found this forum and the available information. After reding 15+ pages of data on the MyGig, I finally also found that email, but by then I already had a good idea of what was going on.

//Cheers
pwygant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #215
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think with the cat out of the bag now as far as the mfg'r of the MyGig units being known, Chrysler and Harman need to get together and have a website or a small group to support the product and provide downloads, or updates to the general public. They also need to have a place to submit suggestions for changes or enhancements.....

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #216
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravely_todd
I think with the cat out of the bag now as far as the mfg'r of the MyGig units being known, Chrysler and Harman need to get together and have a website or a small group to support the product and provide downloads, or updates to the general public. They also need to have a place to submit suggestions for changes or enhancements.....

Todd
Hmm
So what you're saying is I shouldn't have gotten you guys an email?
*whistles innocently*

BUT there are several problems with doing something "official" like that.
(Mind you I don't work for either party, but I have dealt with contracts)
Cost.
The original contract was not for that type of support. Who would pay for it?
Branding.
MyGig was branded more for DCX then for HK or Becker.
It's just like a contract mfg, no one wants to pay a premium for their iPod knowing it's made at the same contract mfg as the cheap knockoff. Same guy even, just shifted lines for a parts shortage. (Not entirely true, Apple pays a little more to mostly prevent this. but you get the idea)
Liability.
From support on an official channel, Jimmy does something cooking his MyGig. Is it HK's fault? Jeep? etc.

But yes, the dealers should have SOMEONE that's at least read through the manual.

Basically in summary, we have an email. Please don't abuse it, or it might go poof. The reason we have that is that the engineers take a lot of pride in their work, and also are curious when strange things happen.
Unread 12-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #217
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmm
So what you're saying is I shouldn't have gotten you guys an email?
*whistles innocently*

BUT there are several problems with doing something "official" like that.
(Mind you I don't work for either party, but I have dealt with contracts)
Cost.
The original contract was not for that type of support. Who would pay for it?
Branding.
MyGig was branded more for DCX then for HK or Becker.
It's just like a contract mfg, no one wants to pay a premium for their iPod knowing it's made at the same contract mfg as the cheap knockoff. Same guy even, just shifted lines for a parts shortage. (Not entirely true, Apple pays a little more to mostly prevent this. but you get the idea)
Liability.
From support on an official channel, Jimmy does something cooking his MyGig. Is it HK's fault? Jeep? etc.

But yes, the dealers should have SOMEONE that's at least read through the manual.

Basically in summary, we have an email. Please don't abuse it, or it might go poof. The reason we have that is that the engineers take a lot of pride in their work, and also are curious when strange things happen.
OK, well, I thought it was a good idea.......

Todd
Unread 12-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #218
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Has there been any changes or upgrades to the MyGig since the 07 model?
Kevin_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #219
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK, well, I thought it was a good idea.......

Todd
Sorry
Didn't mean to sound like a crotchety old man.

I gotta make a note to NOT reply to posts while on a conference call.

It WOULD be a great idea, HAD they realized to do that at the start.
Hell, even if they just had a website for the dealers about it with firmware upgrades, map upgrades, etc etc.
(Do you guys get any map upgrades with it?)
I'm still to cheap to buy a JK, so I dont' know. I'm enjoying not having a car payment. But eventually I'll prolly get a 4 door.

Edit: Kevin, to answer your question, yes the firmware has been updated a few times. And some other minor changes.
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #220
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry
Didn't mean to sound like a crotchety old man.

I gotta make a note to NOT reply to posts while on a conference call.

It WOULD be a great idea, HAD they realized to do that at the start.
Hell, even if they just had a website for the dealers about it with firmware upgrades, map upgrades, etc etc.
(Do you guys get any map upgrades with it?)
I'm still to cheap to buy a JK, so I dont' know. I'm enjoying not having a car payment. But eventually I'll prolly get a 4 door.

Edit: Kevin, to answer your question, yes the firmware has been updated a few times. And some other minor changes.

No problem.....just pulling your chain. I have gotten one upgrade that puts a 5 second timer on the disclaimer...I was quickly getting tired of hitting the button to continue..

Todd
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #221
Seriak

Now where do I get that upgrade. That would be awesome.
Seriak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #222
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak
Now where do I get that upgrade. That would be awesome.
I'll send it to you if you promise to return it. PM me or email me from my profile and give me your shipping info.....also check to see what your current level is as I don't want to backlevel you..

Todd
Unread 12-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #223
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not a problem... I guess I should mention that my MyGig went AWOL... The navigation system stopped working... Left me in the middle of PA without directions. Had go buy this thing called a "Map" (who knew lol) soooo... they are replacing it with a new one... (Should be in next week) I bought my Jeep in July, so I was just curious if I could expect any nice changes to it. With the problmes I have had with it, it would be nice if it was better or perfomred better.
Unread 12-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #224
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was quickly getting tired of hitting the button to continue..
Did you call the Alpine customer service line to get that update? What other updates are out there?
Unread 12-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #225
Trin

Installing a system like MyGIG in a Wrangler X

I am so GREEN, I almost hate to post. My husband has had two jeeps 86'CJ7 (about to sell) and a 93' (that was a horrible lemon). But now its my turn. I decided that since this will be my FIRST new vehicle and my very first Jeep, I will get everything I want! Last night while researching online I learned that the Sahara is not available in Flame Red.

So I thought Rubicon (to get the Flame Red), until I realized that is was more than I wanted or needed and more than I wanted to pay. As I have long since learned that JEEP is "Just Eatin Every Penny" and that I will undoubtedly buy a new Jeep only to turn around and buy the fun things too.

So, now I am thinking "What about an X and buying a MyGIG or similar after and having it installed?" Will I need to look for one with the 6CD in dash? I have read all the 230+ posts in this thread, but not seen anyone who specifically mentioned installing on in the X (or did I miss it)? I am also now considering the Rescue Green which would bring the Sahara back into view.

Thanks for your time.
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.