MyGig anyone? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #166
Matt08jk
JK Wrangler 

Jeep Banner?

I am thinking about picking up the MyGig off ebay here, looks like there are some for $1195 CDN ($1250 USD).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...QQcmdZViewItem

The physical installation would be a snap for me, is it true though that a trip to the dealer is required for setup?

Also, these are said to be brand-new units, does anyone know if the Jeep Banner on the screen is automatic or manualy selectable. How does the proper dodge/chysler/jeep logo show on the screen?

Anyone that has installed after factory, how has the warrenty worked?

Thanks,

Matt08jk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #167
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Installed mine myself, ... no trip to the dealer was required. I replaced the 6-disc + Sirius with the MyGig and didn't need anything from the dealer -- worked as soon as I plugged it in. No clue how the warranty works.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #168
Robofuzz
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm confused. Is there or is there not an iPod integration kit for MyGig? Is there one planned?
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #169
Matt08jk
JK Wrangler 

Hey Guys,

Ok, so I went with a unit from www.justforjeeps.com, when I put the order through there was a sale price of $1674.00, but I see now that they have up'd the price to $1755.00 because Mopar has intruduced the "MyGig Accessory Package" as a single part solution (i.e. the head unit/antenna/manual are all together).

Should be in Monday, then I guess I will have to get the dealer to install it if i want new vehicle warrenty coverage......but I could really do it myself.
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #170
Matt08jk
JK Wrangler 

ok, I think it looks like this:

Anyone purchasing the MyGig kit accessory will have to have the kit installed by an authorized dealer for the warrenty to be effective. This is because the dealer has to use the StarScan tool and update the VIN to read out "Dealer Installed Accessory" anytime the vehicle information is accessed by the dealer in the furure...apparently..

Off to the dealer I go...
Unread 11-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #171
mca1977jpsnet

When the dealer installs the Radio, they would update with Chryslers internal Warrentee and VIN info systm. They may have to activate the BCM or PCM to accept My-GIG (not sure??) Save yourself a lot of money, if you can and install the antenna (Satalite) yourself. If it isn't already installed.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #172
Matt08jk
JK Wrangler 

Yes, you are correct, it is mostly for the update of the internal vehicle information database at chrysler. I want to do it myself, it would be easy as pie. I just don't know if I would be throwing away years of warrenty by doing so. Mopar isn't too clear on that. Plus I currently have that poping speaker issue with the 6-disk unit, I am sure they will accuse my installation for causing it.
Unread 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #173
mca1977jpsnet

They way I understand it:
If it is a Mopar Accessory p# and onr installs it themselves it is a 12m warrentee. If a dealer installs a Mopar Accessory the warentee is 12m/12k miles or the remainder of 3yr/36k mile warentee, whichever favors the customer more.

However if the sirious antenna is installed already on the Jeep when they put in the My-Gig. Who's to say it wasn't installed from the factory??
Unread 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #174
mca1977jpsnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz
I'm confused. Is there or is there not an iPod integration kit for MyGig? Is there one planned?
My understanding it Both an Ipod integration and HandsFree are not yet available for MyGig, but are in the works. Hopefully -6 months out. Who knows on the timeframe?? Only time will tell.
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #175
Matt08jk
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca1977jpsnet
They way I understand it:
If it is a Mopar Accessory p# and onr installs it themselves it is a 12m warrentee. If a dealer installs a Mopar Accessory the warentee is 12m/12k miles or the remainder of 3yr/36k mile warentee, whichever favors the customer more.

However if the sirious antenna is installed already on the Jeep when they put in the My-Gig. Who's to say it wasn't installed from the factory??
I see what you mean, but I am sure if the dealer looks at the VIN in the computer they will see what the original stereo was, this way the MyGig upgrade is stored with the VIN datasheet.

I guess the choice really depends on an individuals situation, I opted for the 5yr warrenty with no-charge servicing and it is only 2 weeks old now so I think I will just get the dealer to install if it means 4 extra years of warrenty on the MyGig electronics. Plus then I will be able to show them as soon as it is in how much the speakers will pop.

Thanks for the input guys.

Keep on Keepin on.
Unread 11-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #176
smance

MyGIG and ParkView

I had the Nav-TV BlueGIG unit installed in my '08 Sahara Unlimited (with the factory installed myGIG) and the U-connect works great. Finally a bluetooth unit that I can clearly understand and people can hear me. The only problem is that everything is unlocked so it thinks there should be a backip camera attached so when I go into reverse the screen go crazy.

Has anybody had any success in installing a backup camera with the MyGIG unit with the BlueGIG (NAV-tv.com) unit installed?
smance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #177
ErikRP
2011 WK 

FYI, I've heard that the '08 models have or will have a 30GB HDD, up from the previous 20GB.

Not sure why I haven't heard it mentioned on any Chrysler sites, but more than a few auto journalists are reporting it.
ErikRP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #178
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikRP
FYI, I've heard that the '08 models have or will have a 30GB HDD, up from the previous 20GB.

Not sure why I haven't heard it mentioned on any Chrysler sites, but more than a few auto journalists are reporting it.

Well, I have an 08 and it has a 20GB.....I have ripped about 50 CDs onto it and I have hardly used up any space at all......

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #179
pwygant
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just received my 2008 Wrangler Sahara w/ MyGig. Is it just a fact that if you turn up the base or treble on the equalizer listening to FM, you get the pops and spikes out of the speakers? This seems to be the most common question asked on these Jeep forums and most service managers at dealrships starts replacing speakers and radios?

When I first recevied the vehicle I had a couple of issues that needed to be fixed including the "Pop" in the radio and they replaced speakers and MyGig to no avail. What gives?

Could this be just a service Firmware update of the MyGig itself needed? It seems that it is not a volume issue but a equalizer processing issue.

//Cheers
pwygant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #180
gwh

My '08 Unlimited arrived at my dealer on Friday. It shows 17GB of free space so it should a 30 GB harddrive. It had software version 9.556 installed. The DVD only works when in park and the engine is off.

I noticed that Nav-tv has just announced the availablity of a backup camera and some special pricing for their Free/Blue/Allgig products. http://forum.jkboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4928
gwh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.