MyGig anyone? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MyGig anyone?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #151
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
Where does the microphone mount?
I have mounted my microphone on the A pillar - just at the trim join. I have heard from another who has mounted his microphone on the dash directly above the MyGig.

amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #152
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerpunk
Part #'s Please
You'll have to wait for Mr. Mopar there I'm afraid. I was told about 1 month - but that was almost a month ago - and still no news...
amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #153
naplesrubicon
2008 JK Wrangler 

thank you hscrugby for the info on becker no i dont want to piss off the wife or her dad ...lazerpunk yes you can use the starscan tool to turn on and off the video portion of the player in park then just fool the unit to think its in park (like nav-tv unit does) and no the dealer is not going to risk his butt or the techs butt or the dealers butt to "modify my radio" only friends will do that and i am 1300 miles from the nearest friend in a chrysler dealership
naplesrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #154
buckeyeocean
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just wanted to say that the MyGig setup is far superior to other nav systems that I've had from Ford and Land Rover. I can actually use it.
buckeyeocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #155
Cyclops62
2008 JK Wrangler 

Iím finding that Iím running into this issue with the audio played from the HDD. AM/FM/Sat and AUX all sound great with no issues. So I believe what ever issue is with the MyGIG.

* 1st I tried copying my MP3 collection from home on the HDD and I ran into major quality issues with most (but not all) of the songs. I figured the MyGIG didnít like the way I encoded the files.
* 2nd I delete all music to start clean. I take my CDís and use the MyGIG to copy/encode them to the HDD (BTY this is painfully slow, 10 min ea). Same problem, most but not all of the song have quality issue, clipping, snap crackle and pop.
* I upgraded the IOS to 9.561 and repeated the steps above with same results.

I suspect the MyGIG has an issue with playback of encoded files.

Can anyone else confirm my observations?
Does anyone play music from the MyGIG HDD without issues?
2008 4DR Sahara Rescue Greem, 6-spd, Hardtop; Tracklock Diff; Tow Pkg; My Gig
Cyclops62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #156
lazerpunk

I have copied Cd's using the MyGig to the HDD and it work great. I takes my PC 5-6 min to copy a CD. So 10 min using your CAR seems like no big deal. I have also put music on to the HDD with a Memory stick (MP3 files) with no problem.
Perhaps you have a issue with your HDD.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #157
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have copied over 40 CDs to the hard drive and also copied some pictures with a jump drive and have had no problems with the pictures displaying or any of the songs playing........in fact, I listen to the HDD more than anything else....

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #158
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

Are you getting a popping sound with some of your songs. I had the same problem and it seems like not al the songs work and i heard somewhere that it has to do with how some of the music is encoded.
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #159
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Cowley
Are you getting a popping sound with some of your songs. I had the same problem and it seems like not al the songs work and i heard somewhere that it has to do with how some of the music is encoded.
I have not had that problem with my unit, and like I said, I listen to it most of the time from the HDD. Actually, I don't notice any difference in sound compared to playing the actual CD and have had it cranked up during top down season.

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #160
BigTrace
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops62
Iím finding that Iím running into this issue with the audio played from the HDD. AM/FM/Sat and AUX all sound great with no issues. So I believe what ever issue is with the MyGIG.

* 1st I tried copying my MP3 collection from home on the HDD and I ran into major quality issues with most (but not all) of the songs. I figured the MyGIG didnít like the way I encoded the files.
* 2nd I delete all music to start clean. I take my CDís and use the MyGIG to copy/encode them to the HDD (BTY this is painfully slow, 10 min ea). Same problem, most but not all of the song have quality issue, clipping, snap crackle and pop.
* I upgraded the IOS to 9.561 and repeated the steps above with same results.

I suspect the MyGIG has an issue with playback of encoded files.

Can anyone else confirm my observations?
Does anyone play music from the MyGIG HDD without issues?
CONFIRMED! I have posted everywhere about this phenomenon. About 15% of my HDD tunes will pop, even at the lowest volumes and lowest bass settings. I am convinced it is a problem in the ripping software that MyGig uses. I have upgraded to the latest software (9.561 I think) and still get the same thing. Radio and Sat stations are fine but direct from HDD or even CD has popping. Speaker replacement isn't the answer, it's a software thing or possibly a bad hard drive, but I can't believe how many of us have these problems. On another board (jk-forum.com), I think Harmon-Becker is checking into this and has requested actual music that makes this happen from one poster. I am awaiting feedback much like you.
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #161
lazerpunk

It' nice to see Harmon-Becker wants to help us out directly, and we don't have to deal with the dealer. I would think they get better feedback from the actual consumer rather than the the service dept.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #162
Cyclops62
2008 JK Wrangler 

I took 2 of my CD's that were pop'n, cleaned them realy good. One played perfectly the other minor pops (major improvement). even though these play good on other CD players. I think the MyGIG may be a little sensitive to scratches. so now I'm cleaning the CD before copying. I will keep this up through the weekend and report back.
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #163
NevadaCommander
2008 XK Commander 

I just traded my 03 Sahara in on an 08 Commander Overland. The Mygig system pushed me over the edge. After 3 days of use, I really like it. As I'm on my cell alot, the BlueTooth interface is great.

I've only played with the music download a little. My first download of some MP3s from an SD card through a multi card USB reader was successful, I did notice the popping noise on the initially downloaded tracks. I erased the downloaded tracks on both the HD and the SD card, repopulated the SD card and downloaded again and the noise was gone.
NevadaCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #164
Cyclops62
2008 JK Wrangler 

After cleaning the CD's and then downloading them I was able to eliminate 99% of the Snap, Crackle and Pops. Even though these CD's played fine on my other CD players. I feel the CD player on the MyGIG may be a bit sensitive.

I did notice that my Red Hot Chili Pepper CD Californacation sounds a little off. It may be the dynamic range of the music itself. Let me know what you guys have experienced.
Unread 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #165
fitlow

Love the mygig

Can't say how much i enjoy this. The best way I have found to input music is this:
Download cds into Itunes. Make sure your prefrences are set to mp3 only.
Pull songs from itunes to a jump driver and all the info comes with them.
fitlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , my gig , mygig , navigation , navigation system , sound system , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.