My Very First JK Write-Up - Freedom Top Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My Very First JK Write-Up - Freedom Top Removal

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 09-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
wayoflife

My Very First JK Write-Up - Freedom Top Removal

Okay, I know this write-up may seem silly to some of you but hey, what can I say, I was just itching to do one on something and it was all that I had.

>> 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Top Removal

Anyway, I hope it can be of help to someout out there. And for whatever it's worth, I should have one for the Sunrider Soft Top soon as well.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-17-2006 at 06:26 PM..
wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
mickfluff

Thanks

nice write up
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
Okay, I know this write-up may seem silly to some of you but hey, what can I say, I was just itching to do one on something and it was all that I had.

>> 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Top Removal

Anyway, I hope it can be of help to someout out there. And for whatever it's worth, I should have one for the Sunrider Soft Top soon as well.

mickfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

if that site turns out to be 1/2 as helpful as 4x4xplor....ALL new JK owners owe you BIGTIME!!! Thanks for ALL your work man!!!

Not to mention...ALL your aftermarket parts should be free and the aftermarket GODs should be paying you!
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Rocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good start! I like the layout... very easy to navigate and read.

PS, spelling error in step 2. (closet = closest).

Sorry, if you're anything like me I like everything perfect esp. when other ppl look at it!

Good luck and keep on keepin on.

~J
Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 07:43 AM   #5
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5
if that site turns out to be 1/2 as helpful as 4x4xplor....ALL new JK owners owe you BIGTIME!!! Thanks for ALL your work man!!!

Not to mention...ALL your aftermarket parts should be free and the aftermarket GODs should be paying you!
wow, thanks Rocky5, i am sincerely flattered. if only i could get the aftermarket manufacturers to feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinTJ99
Good start! I like the layout... very easy to navigate and read.

PS, spelling error in step 2. (closet = closest).

Sorry, if you're anything like me I like everything perfect esp. when other ppl look at it!

Good luck and keep on keepin on.
thanks jeepintj99, if only they had a spell checker that could catch correctly spelled words that were unintended
Unread 09-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
xanimal80

Hey, thanks for the write up...

If you get amibitous and want to do one for the soft top, we'd love to see it!

Last edited by xanimal80; 09-19-2006 at 11:43 AM..
xanimal80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanimal80
Hey, thanks for the write up...

If you get amiious and want to do one for the soft top, we'd love to see it!
actually, i just did...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/opening-up-jeep-jk-wrangler-unlimited-sunrider-soft-top-317559/

Unread 09-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
xanimal80

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
sweet..thanks...

I've never owned a jeep before, so I'll need to find a tutorial on taking the soft top completely off as well
Unread 09-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
Snuffster

Wouldn't the dealership show you how to operate everything when you buy one?

[QUOTE=LandRover]That was my master's degree talking. [/QUOTE]
Snuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
xanimal80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffster
yeah probably, but by the time spring rolls around and I bust out the soft top, I'll probably forget everything they showed me...which is why I need to find a tutorial...

I'd imagine there will be a few on the web by then
Unread 09-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #11
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffster
first off..."most" people at stealerships know NOTHING about the vehicles their selling....namely salesman!!

you would be better off listening to someone on here on how to do it or wait until WAYOFLIFE(Eddie I think is his name) shows you how!

BTW...I didn't know he worked at a dealer before seeing this thread...hence why I said "most"!!

he is definitely a Jeeper to listen too....
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #12
wayoflife

Quote:
first off..."most" people at stealerships know NOTHING about the vehicles their selling....namely salesman!!

you would be better off listening to someone on here on how to do it or wait until WAYOFLIFE(Eddie I think is his name) shows you how!

BTW...I didn't know he worked at a dealer before seeing this thread...hence why I said "most"!!

he is definitely a Jeeper to listen too....
ummm, actually, i don't work for a dealer but i did happen to find one that was very willing to help me out. in fact, i really should thank jeff sladick of don-a-vee jeep in placentia, ca for the hours he's spent with me and for all his assistance in accomodating my requests. granted, i am buying my jk from him

also, i'd like to thank you for your compliments - you're too kind

sincerely,
eddie
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:54 PM   #13
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I thought that was you in the pic....

But I still stand by my story about most stealers....they don't know s-it about vehicles!
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #14
wayoflife

Quote:
I thought that was you in the pic....

But I still stand by my story about most stealers....they don't know s-it about vehicles!
LOL! yeah, i got them to do all the work while i took the pics
for whatever it's worth, jeff is a jeep guy through and through and has been a real pleasure to work with
Unread 09-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #15
T-man
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wayoflife,

Very good write up on the removal of the new 3 piece hardtop. You've done a good thing and a service to me and others.

I love the new SWB JK and can't wait to buy one and see one. I've read everything there is to read about them since the debut in Detroit last January.

You have answered SEVERAL of my questions with your desciptions and informative pictures. I was going to get the Jeep anyway but now I will know exactly how to remove the front panels and I can plan on how I want to store them inside vehicle safely with the third piece on.

Thank you!
T-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.