My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
pauldana
2010 JK Wrangler 

My Sprintex Super Charger install thread for my Jeep JK 3,8 l..., Under $3995

Hi, new to this jeep forum, but my son (chris38) has been here for some time with his CJ5 (was mine when i was 16!) and says this is a great forum... So I would like to post this...

With some guidance I had from some other forums members, along with much of my own reading and studying on the subject I have decided to go with a Sprintex Super Charger for my 2010 Jeep JK.....

I am very excited to get it, I was informed I may receive it as soon as March.

I understand I will be one of the first... thus kind of a guinea pig, but I believe this is a very safe bet for the following reasons:

Sprintex is very large company which has been in business for many years, and publicly traded.
The Super Charger itself is a true and tried design of theirs that they have been running for several years on other cars.
The Super Charger has won awards for being the most efficient Super Charger made.
It will be the only one that is CARB approved for our Jeeps.
Hypertech is doing all the mappings and CARB approval work.
Hypertech will be taking care of tech support!
There will be no cutting of any type, Battery location stays the same.
The castings for the intake and are made here in the USA! The Super Charger in Australia.
Install time is quoted to be 3-4 hours.

Before i install it I will run a Dyno, and then a second Dyno after the install. We will see together the results.... good, bad or indifferent, I will report all.

Here is a picture of the unit, I think it is an amazing design:

pauldana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

to the forum.

Wow that sounds exciting and itís a good-looking product too. Sure hope all goes well for you during the install. How much does that unit cost?
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
pauldana
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
to the forum.

Wow that sounds exciting and itís a good-looking product too. Sure hope all goes well for you during the install. How much does that unit cost?
THX!! My son has been on this forum for some time and really likes it...

I hope it goes well also....

the whole thing... everything.... $3995
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Coilrod

That is awesome! Someone has to be first.
I had good luck with hypertech before I put an Avenger in my JK, so for many reasons I will be watching this one!
(superchargers...)
Coilrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good luck, sounds like a great project...can't wait to see the finished job!
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

So, this is really interesting to me. A roots style blower construction, but utilizes a centrifugal-style mount. Injectors are upgraded I assume? I would love to know what kind of power this thing makes compared to the RIPP system, I didn't even know it was an option when I put my blower on.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #7
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

I am watching this with anticipation as well. Any word if this would be compatible with the AEV snorkel?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
losingmoney
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am definately interested to see how this goes, does it come with an intercooler?? I just installed the RIPP gen 2 and very happy with it, but this definately is a really good design for a roots style blower..
losingmoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

How did you hear about it? It's not even on their website yet. And, I noticed you posted this thread on every forum there is. Are you the one selling these things?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

This is interesting...the price is very attractive...I will be watching this thread...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, ÜJohn 3:16Ü

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
8figgas
2008 JK Wrangler 

I thought the same, drumming up interest. Well he's got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
How did you hear about it? It's not even on their website yet. And, I noticed you posted this thread on every forum there is. Are you the one selling these things?
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

yeah looks like a dealer trying to get business. i noticed that it wasn't on the website either.

this is what makes me suspicious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldana View Post
Hi, new to this jeep forum, but my son (chris38) has been here for some time with his CJ5 (was mine when i was 16!) and says this is a great forum... So I would like to post this...

With some guidance I had from some other forums members, along with much of my own reading and studying on the subject I have decided to go with a Sprintex Super Charger for my 2010 Jeep JK.....

I am very excited to get it, I was informed I may receive it as soon as March.

I understand I will be one of the first... thus kind of a guinea pig, but I believe this is a very safe bet for the following reasons:

Sprintex is very large company which has been in business for many years, and publicly traded.
The Super Charger itself is a true and tried design of theirs that they have been running for several years on other cars.
The Super Charger has won awards for being the most efficient Super Charger made.
It will be the only one that is CARB approved for our Jeeps.
Hypertech is doing all the mappings and CARB approval work.
Hypertech will be taking care of tech support!

There will be no cutting of any type, Battery location stays the same.
The castings for the intake and are made here in the USA! The Super Charger in Australia.
Install time is quoted to be 3-4 hours.

Before i install it I will run a Dyno, and then a second Dyno after the install. We will see together the results.... good, bad or indifferent, I will report all.

Here is a picture of the unit, I think it is an amazing design:

Unread 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

I Binged Sprintex Supercharger for Jeep JK's and found a YouTube video.
Haven't watched it yet. The video was posted on December 2011.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
pauldana
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coilrod View Post
That is awesome! Someone has to be first.
I had good luck with hypertech before I put an Avenger in my JK, so for many reasons I will be watching this one!
(superchargers...)
THX!!! i am so excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Good luck, sounds like a great project...can't wait to see the finished job!
3-4 weeks out now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
So, this is really interesting to me. A roots style blower construction, but utilizes a centrifugal-style mount.
1. Injectors are upgraded I assume?
2.I would love to know what kind of power this thing makes compared to the RIPP system, I didn't even know it was an option when I put my blower on.
1. yes, i have been told
2. thats why im running both a before and after dyno run!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi View Post
I am watching this with anticipation as well. Any word if this would be compatible with the AEV snorkel?
havent the slightest idea????

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingmoney View Post
I am definately interested to see how this goes, does it come with an intercooler?? I just installed the RIPP gen 2 and very happy with it, but this definately is a really good design for a roots style blower..
Does not need an intercooler due to its arcatexture, the positive displacement SC has MUCH lower gas temps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
posted on another forum "what is the best SC for our JK?" got about 5 different units... RIPP, Sprintex, 505, Avenger and one other... looked into them all, and did a lot of reading and self education... Sprintex seems as it will be the best out there... and CARB approved!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
This is interesting...the price is very attractive...I will be watching this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8figgas View Post
I thought the same, drumming up interest. Well he's got it.
got mine also.... got to finish putting the new TKO600 trans in the vett first, then the Sprintex SC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
yeah looks like a dealer trying to get business. i noticed that it wasn't on the website either.

this is what makes me suspicious...
no... go take a look for "pauldana" on the corvette forums, i have thousands of postings, and am currently heading up the 2nd annuel C3 corvette cruse in California!!
So no.... not a dealer... just a high school teacher right now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Driver View Post
I Binged Sprintex Supercharger for Jeep JK's and found a YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qStnaLmNahU Haven't watched it yet. The video was posted on December 2011.
very cool!
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldana View Post
no... go take a look for "pauldana" on the corvette forums, i have thousands of postings, and am currently heading up the 2nd annuel C3 corvette cruse in California!!
Doesn't matter if you're an actual dealer or not, the only posts you have on here are about this SC, so you sure as hell are probably getting something from them for schlepping their product. Just saying...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.