My rubi is coming! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My rubi is coming!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
jwetzel

My rubi is coming!

Hey All,
I'm new to the forum here, but it's been a great resource while I was researching the new wranglers.

I went down to a dealer today, intent on test-driving an unlimited, and thinking I was probably going to have to factory order to get what I wanted. Turns out they had a rubicon unlimited coming in in 10 days, with all the options I wanted. (Except for the apocryphal MyGig... sigh...) I ended up haggling for 5 hours before they'd let it go for a realistic price. But my rubi is coming in 10 days. Woo hoo!

Here's the specs:
Rubicon unlimited
silver
6-spd
dual tops
tow group
power convenience group

So, I'm looking forward to learning a lot about this machine. I'll be a total newbie. My previous vehicle didn't like the offroad stuff so much. (Mazda Miata) Does anybody know a good website for trails to go to in the area of Seattle, WA? Or a jeep club to join?

Thanks,
Joel

jwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
koheed
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations. Be sure to post pics when you can.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the MyGig. Get an iPod, if you don't already have one, and use that for music and podcasts. iPods are much more versatile. Just my

Welcome.
4" SA Skyjacker/BDS Hybrid, 33" MT/R's
Jeeperman Front & Rear Swing-Away Bumpers
Skid Row Engine/Oil Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid
Flowmaster 40
Herculiner
NEXT PROJECT: SYE and CV Drive Shaft
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27018750@N00/"]My Pics[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
koheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
UTAH

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum, Joel.

Bill
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
jwetzel

The spec sheet mentioned something about MP3 on the cd changer. Does that mean I can burn an mp3 disc in iTunes and use it in there? That would be pretty sweet!

- Joel
jwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwetzel
The spec sheet mentioned something about MP3 on the cd changer. Does that mean I can burn an mp3 disc in iTunes and use it in there? That would be pretty sweet!

- Joel
Well... iTunes is probably a little silly. All you have to do is just burn a CD with lots of MP3's. That will work. You don't need iTunes for that.

Any CD burning software will work.
Unread 02-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
95ckee

congrats man! i ordered my 4door silver rubi on 2-07-07 and i called the dealer today and he said he couldnt come up with anything yet but he did say they did have a hold on hardtops and he was goinna check into it
99xj limited, blue, lots of tint, 5.5" RE, 30, 8.25, 34 trxus, rubicon wheels, spidertrax wheel spacers, 4:56 and locked, edelbrock sdt, magnaflow highflow cat, np231, teraflex ess sye

08 silver jk 4door rubicon
95ckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

congratulations, i couldn't be happier with my Rubi. i'm sure you'll be happy with yours.
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.