My new to me JKU 2008. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My new to me JKU 2008.

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

My new to me JKU 2008.

Thought I would never say this but, the 4 door JK is hands down the best all around Jeep. Coming from an LJ that I will miss some. The JKU makes up for it more than double. I still like the 4.0L but, to me the 3.8L is a better engine overall than the 4.0L performance wise. Yea the 4.0L has good low end torque but, the 3.8L has so much better highway performance. The 42rle is also much better behind the 3.8L as well even with my stock 3.73s my JK has. Well here she is Black Ice. I also like the fact there's more room and it rides very smooth going down the road as well as being queit. Sold the LJ for 16k and bought this one for 16k as well lifetime powertrain to boot so it was a no brainer. I also will have more room for my little munchkin on the way.

16340023_large.jpg

16340024_large.jpg

16340027_large.jpg

16340028_large.jpg

16340029_large.jpg

blackjeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Congrats man!
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Beautiful looking Jeep, congrats and welcome to this side of town. Thinking of changing your screen name?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
JPcpa
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Nice but better than an LJ? Well it does have 4 doors.... Congrats and enjoy it. I will have a JK one day but hope to keep the LJ.
JPcpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Psycho-X-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good thing summer is over! That blacked out beast would be an oven in July. Looks really slick though.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
dahreno

How do you get the lifetime warranty on a used Jeep ? I also have a 2008 JKUR and love it . Bought it new in 2007 when there weren't that many of them around yet ! I also got the lifetime warranty but I don't know how much that holds up with the mods. i have done ! I also have had none of the issues that I read about all the time. Sometimes I wonder about operator error .Good luck with the Jeep and I hope it brings you to places less traveled as mine has.
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations and welcome to The Dark Side (JKU's that is).
Might want to insulate the hard top against the heat, considering where you live and the black paint. Badass looking JK nevertheless!!
Those extra two doors will come in handy with the new baby. JK's don't have the fold and tumble seat.
And the extra 12' of space behind the rear seat will make you feel like you are driving a 4x4 station wagon. *intentional stab at JKU's* LOL! Joking aside, I do envy the extra space of the JKU's. I think you'll thoroughly enjoy the new ride.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
Good thing summer is over! That blacked out beast would be an oven in July. Looks really slick though.
Not really. Iíve had two black Jeeps and I canít notice a difference, at least not to me than either a white Jeep or bright silver Jeeps. Most Jeeps have always been inherently hot in the sun due to the un-insulated black tops. I suppose if one used an inferred temp devise you could find the black hotter but probably not so with the seat of the pants method.

I do think though that the top of the dash adds to the interior heat when itís black versus say tan.
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #9
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I do think though that the top of the dash adds to the interior heat when itís black versus say tan.
"Tan"

There, I said it.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Beautiful looking Jeep, congrats and welcome to this side of town. Thinking of changing your screen name?
Thanks. How do I change it?
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
How do you get the lifetime warranty on a used Jeep ? I also have a 2008 JKUR and love it . Bought it new in 2007 when there weren't that many of them around yet ! I also got the lifetime warranty but I don't know how much that holds up with the mods. i have done ! I also have had none of the issues that I read about all the time. Sometimes I wonder about operator error .Good luck with the Jeep and I hope it brings you to places less traveled as mine has.
I acutually bought it from my dad. Being we have the same name I'm not gonna change the title that way the warranty will stay in place. He did have a new engine put in about 5k ago because it had a spun rod bearing on number 4 piston. When he bought it new we never knew why it would only tick sometimes and as time went on it got worse and worse until the last oil change before the new short block we noticed fine shavings at the bottom of oil change pan. Thats when we knew something was not right at all. Took it to Dallas Dodge and they replaced the engine no questions ask. All new except the heads and oil pan. I thought they were going to try to get out of it but, they were very nice and said its covered. The only thing is you have to have your five year inspection done or otherwise they can void it if you don't do it. Thanks for all the comments. The more I drive it the more I love the JK's.
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very bad *** rubi by the way.
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
"Tan"

There, I said it.
Saddle, black, charcoal, pink, blue, tan, rainbow or whatever. There have been so many names for interior colors over the years that I get dizzy just trying to recall them. I have no idea what the official name for “Tan” should be and could care less.

Now, you say you want me to ban you; first put $50.00 in my PayPal account and I’ll grant your wish.
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
You don't get the lifetime warranty. It was for the original owner only. Not transferable. I have one and will not see this JK ever. It's paid off nicely a couple of times.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
ncb

Congrats! Now get it dirty.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.