My Modified RR Light Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My Modified RR Light Bar

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

My Modified RR Light Bar

Hey Guys just thought I would share my project with you. I wanted a light bar for my 2012 JKUR but I couldn't find one I really liked. So I saw a felow members (Sharparte) picture and really like his light bar. So I made one of my own. Its a Rugid Ridge light bar that I lowered 1 1/4" and welded on windsheild mounts so I could mount some IPF lights and painted PX8 (the color of the JK) and I also added tube clamps for added toughness. I was going to cut out the top section of the bar and add a Ridged Industries Led bar but I dont have the $$$$ to do that now(maybe in a few months). I also installed a sPod system to control the lights.

light-mount.jpg   also-most-ready.jpg   priming.jpg   primed.jpg   painting-black-2-.jpg  

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

Finished Product
final-side.jpg   final-front.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Brassic

Well done man seriously its like quality work there. Damn love the look of the jeep
Brassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

That looks awesome. Love the look of the clamps too!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
kade
2012 JK Wrangler 

kade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

love the painting.

I've always HATED that stupid, cheap looking textured finish RR always put on everything.
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks
I agree the RR paint sucked thats why it need to be changed. It especially didnt look good on the windsheild bracket with a black jeep. It may have been fine on a different color jk.
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
sharparte
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sharparte very happy!

Great work bro!!! I wish I had your skills. I had to pay for mine to be modded and painted. I thought for a second I was looking my JK.
sharparte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

looks really really good, awesome work.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.