JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   My mesh grill build (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/my-mesh-grill-build-1074015/)

240Dbio 07-21-2010 09:33 PM

My mesh grill build

2 Attachment(s)
Just went to lowes and tracked down the right stuff. I found some "hinged gutter guard" a little pricey nearly 10 bucks, but much sturdier then the long sheet of mesh wire. The gutter guards a curved I hope i can straighten them out without damaging them. I'll take some pictures of the build. Ok the gorilla glue is just for looks (LIES USE THE GORILLA GLUE I JUST CHECKED LESS THEN A WEEK THE ADHESIVE CAME OFF EITHER BY A ROCK OR JUST THE WIND NOT SURE, BUT NOW I HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF AND GORILLA GLUE IT DOWN) in the picture its not needed for this mod. I'm not going to explain much but I'll just point out where I messed up.

ls6tt 07-22-2010 12:41 PM

tagged

fernjack 07-22-2010 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 240Dbio (Post 9829240)
Just went to lowes and tracked down the right stuff. I found some "hinged gutter guard" a little pricey nearly 10 bucks, but much sturdier then the long sheet of mesh wire. The gutter guards a curved I hope i can straighten them out without damaging them. I'll take some pictures of the build.

I used the same stuff and if you gently bend it it will straighten out no problem ....came out nice . I'm going to bed line my grill so it will get a heavier coat when this happens . I used satin black rustoelum . :cheers::wave:

240Dbio 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernjack (Post 9833893)
I used the same stuff and if you gently bend it it will straighten out no problem ....came out nice . I'm going to bed line my grill so it will get a heavier coat when this happens . I used satin black rustoelum . :cheers::wave:

Looks good. The movers left a little late today and I was running around trying to buy some MRTs (the beasts are coming) so I will neglect this project until tomorrow.

240Dbio 07-23-2010 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
YEY! No update on the grill but wanted to show off my new 35s. Thanks to AFhockey31 I was able to take the plunge and buy the MT/Rs before I went up to Alaska and paid over 100$more each tire. I wanted to buy 5, but goodyear wholesale only had 4. Also want to thank a guy from northridge dont recall his name, but always had success with this place. They don't sell tires, but they helped me decide between the KM2s and MT/rs. Hopefully I'll get to the grill today.

MilitaryJK4455 07-23-2010 09:43 AM

Nice man... Those are going to be the next set of tires I go for :drool:

Now just join the site to support this place... I guarantee it will be the best investment you'll ever make for your Jeep and you get a cool sticker :thumbsup:

240Dbio 07-23-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 (Post 9837395)
Nice man... Those are going to be the next set of tires I go for :drool:

Now just join the site to support this place... I guarantee it will be the best investment you'll ever make for your Jeep and you get a cool sticker :thumbsup:

I've been debating if I should or not and most likely will. I just got to wait a month or so before I spend any more money other wise my wife will kill me in my sleep.

MilitaryJK4455 07-23-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240Dbio (Post 9837449)
I've been debating if I should or not and most likely will. I just got to wait a month or so before I spend any more money other wise my wife will kill me in my sleep.

No rush man :thumbsup: Keep the kitchen worker happy :rofl:

1ATony 07-23-2010 12:45 PM

those tires are pretty cool.

240Dbio 07-23-2010 06:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
In picture two or three you can see all them laid out. You can see two of them are bent. I thought it would be a clean look to bend them around the grill. I was dead wrong. Don't try this. Leave the gutter guards straight and save yourself the hassle. Also find some good wire cutters or something to cut the gutter guards. I ended up doing two pieces to the grill and got fed up and went and bought a good pair of wire cutters. Your hand will thank you.

240Dbio 07-23-2010 06:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
You can see a picture of my sad beatin up radiator. If you look at the last picture you can see my radiator crying behind the new grill.

fernjack 07-23-2010 10:44 PM

It's suprising how much protection you get from this stuff . I used needle nose pliers to pull out a rock/stone dent that I'm glad never made it to my rad/AC coil . And it really finnishes the front off nicely ......... Looks awesome dude ... :cheers::wave:

ls6tt 07-24-2010 10:38 AM

did you superglue the zip tie blocks on? lots of guys are ssying the sticky pads wont hold.

looks great and its on my plans for the day

240Dbio 07-25-2010 01:31 AM

Thanks fernjack :wave:

Ls6tt: I didn't super glue them down I was tempted to, but I figured I'll be replacing the gutter guards again so no biggy I'll gorilla glue then if needed. I enjoyed this project I let me wife do it and she felt accomplished. A nice cheap project even your women cant mess up. She did spray paint the ground. I guess that big card board box wasn't big enough.

ls6tt 07-25-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240Dbio (Post 9846155)
Thanks fernjack :wave:

Ls6tt: I didn't super glue them down I was tempted to, but I figured I'll be replacing the gutter guards again so no biggy I'll gorilla glue then if needed. I enjoyed this project I let me wife do it and she felt accomplished. A nice cheap project even your women cant mess up. She did spray paint the ground. I guess that big card board box wasn't big enough.

careful on the gorilla glue, i love it for everything but plastics. ive had it eat at the plastic on my trucks grill

epoxy number 7 works great

The time now is 08:34 PM.