My JK vids/pics, stock, on 32's, lifted on 33's, offroading, etc - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My JK vids/pics, stock, on 32's, lifted on 33's, offroading, etc

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-15-2006, 07:21 AM   #16
moloss

sweet pics and vids......looks like alot of fun!

Unread 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #17
Andrew F
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
wow that one pic really does make it look like i have camber issues . . . . i havne't had it aligned. You cannot adjust camber on a solid front axle vehicle. There's no adjustment.

I think it's just the "fisheye" effect of my old digital camera. When i look at it in person they look ok.

I didn't even have to straighten the steering wheel. Unlike the TJ/zj/xj/yj's, the JK uses crossover steering. You don't even need to adjust your toe.
Cool, as long as it is only a camera issue. The camber can be adjusted, it's just a pain. Offset ball joints can be installed, but there probally aren't any out for your axle yet. Camber can also be adjsuted with the control arms by rotatng the pinion. But that process is tedious and does't yield as much of a result.

Anyways, your Jeep looks good. I would start looking for some new rims. Those stockers just don't cut it in my opinion.
4.88, Lock Right F/R
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #347[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Andrew F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #18
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Where were these pics taken?

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #19
Karamba

Did you have a chance to check out how well does JK's electronic limited slip system work?
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
Conundrum

I like your idea of where to put the fogs lights too.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #21
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
Did you have a chance to check out how well does JK's electronic limited slip system work?
ya did you watch the video? it shows all 4 workin.
Unread 11-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #22
BCwrangler
Long time Jeep fan

Quote:
In his opening sentence, he states he's got an open diff
BCwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #23
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCwrangler
In his opening sentence, he states he's got an open diff
Electronic limited slip is standard on all trims. It uses ABS hardware. It works over open diffs. Need more information on it?
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #24
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Electronic limited slip is standard on all trims. It uses ABS hardware. It works over open diffs. Need more information on it?
You're right, and if you check out the video's he posted you can see it doing its thing quite well!

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #25
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
You're right, and if you check out the video's he posted you can see it doing its thing quite well!
Yes, I saw the video. I was interested in his comments.

When running Toyota FJ, ATRAC engagement is rather noisy. And you could see more slippage of individual wheels. It does not work well at all when both wheels are slipping, and not in 4Hi. Was the video in 4Lo BTW? Did not have a chance to wheel a JK yet.

Doeas brake assist (BAS) work in 4Lo?
Unread 11-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #26
rmcnelly

Got any video of how the short wheelbase Jeeps did in the same area? That stuff looked really slick!
rmcnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #27
famicom21

its really nice to see some trail pics for a change.

how much air were you rinnign in your tires? looks like airing down could've helped quite a bit too.
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #28
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, I saw the video. I was interested in his comments.

When running Toyota FJ, ATRAC engagement is rather noisy. And you could see more slippage of individual wheels. It does not work well at all when both wheels are slipping, and not in 4Hi. Was the video in 4Lo BTW? Did not have a chance to wheel a JK yet.

Doeas brake assist (BAS) work in 4Lo?
The BAS does work in 4lo. I was in 4low there. It's not very noisy, as a matter of fact, it's hard to tell when it's working. i did feel a slight "tap tap tap"as i was going up the hill. I'm pretty sure that was the BAS working.

In high range (unless you turn it off) you have full esp. Which includes the BAS as well as an anti-roll over package. That is turned off automatically when you put the tcase into low range.

Rmcnelly: i'm waiting on my videos, but i should have more of the swb jeeps getting owned at that spot. where i popped over that hump at the very beginning (that's why mel laughed), nobody in a swb jeep could get over. They would just slide to the left. I popped right over, got cocky, and ended up too far left and had to work my way out.

Famicom21: 10 psi in the tires. . . . 12.2" wide tire on a 7" wide rim holds a bead pretty well.
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #29
YellowNJTJ02

Best lookin JK I've seen. I really do like them!! You've got a nice rig. All trims have the ESP, if thats what its called. It looks to work very well... have you used it on the rocks yet?
D30 Front Powertrax No-Slip - 4.56
33" BFGs, Snorkel, Warn x8ki w/ 5/16" synthetic
Bulletproof Bumper up front, Warn Rear SOTC
YellowNJTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #30
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowNJTJ02
Best lookin JK I've seen. I really do like them!! You've got a nice rig. All trims have the ESP, if thats what its called. It looks to work very well... have you used it on the rocks yet?
a little, but my BAS light was on (i think the tone rings were just so covered in mud that it couldn't read). So it wasn't working (no big deal).

i'm still going to do selectable lockers int he axles with 4.88 gears.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.