My JK unlimited cage - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My JK unlimited cage

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #61
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

I figured Id update you guys on the speakers. They are ok but nothing to go crazy over. If your looking to go this route spend a few extra bucks for a better set

Dr.Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #62
colegrove03

We also just finished my custom cage on my JKU and I noticed your sides plates on your dash are bolted in place. From us running the bar though the dash we also made these side plates not fit very well. I heated my side plates up with a heat gun and bent them a little around the A pillar. They seem to be holding decent but after a few hard bumps I noticed they start to creep out a little again. Did you build a plate inside the dash to bolt to? Or do you by any chance have a picture of what you are bolted to? Your cage looks great and I have enjoyed your thread of quite awhile now! Good work man!
colegrove03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #63
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegrove03 View Post
We also just finished my custom cage on my JKU and I noticed your sides plates on your dash are bolted in place. From us running the bar though the dash we also made these side plates not fit very well. I heated my side plates up with a heat gun and bent them a little around the A pillar. They seem to be holding decent but after a few hard bumps I noticed they start to creep out a little again. Did you build a plate inside the dash to bolt to? Or do you by any chance have a picture of what you are bolted to? Your cage looks great and I have enjoyed your thread of quite awhile now! Good work man!
Its pretty easy. grind all the factory tabs flush and run to your local hardware store and grab some of these.

Then jusy mark and drill your holes and bolt them on. since they are just a trim panel i used the one for screws.
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #64
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty

Its pretty easy. grind all the factory tabs flush and run to your local hardware store and grab some of these.

Then jusy mark and drill your holes and bolt them on. since they are just a trim panel i used the one for screws.
I didn't even think about that! That will help me out very much with completing my build! Thank you again
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #65
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice post some pictures of it, id love to check it out
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #66
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty
Nice post some pictures of it, id love to check it out
On your thread? I'll PM you some so I don't clutter up your thread!
image-3181738348.jpg   image-1576564250.jpg   image-3628054014.jpg   image-1449284979.jpg   image-991084291.jpg  

image-626226195.jpg   image-3881649817.jpg  
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #67
colegrove03

Crap I didn't mean to do that and don't know how to get rid of them? After I started my reply I thought it was wrong to post on your thread but forgot to delete them!
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #68
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks sick!!!
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #69
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegrove03 View Post
Crap I didn't mean to do that and don't know how to get rid of them? After I started my reply I thought it was wrong to post on your thread but forgot to delete them!
Dont sweat it man, nothing worng with having them having them here. I love seeing guys do custom work on the JKS
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #70
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Got some new LEDs for dome lights

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow! Really great work! Looks sick!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jkchris09-rubicon-unlimited-build-1530118/#post15498172"]My Build Thread[/URL]
JKChris09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #72
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Great work man ! I like the rotopaxs as well .
jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #73
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
Great work man ! I like the rotopaxs as well .
Thanks man...... If I ever finish the axle swap I will add the Harness bar and a few other things to the cage
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #74
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bored at work so I think once shes off jackstands this will be the next go around

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.