My jeep pops out of first gear - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My jeep pops out of first gear

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #76
YVRGirl

I bought a new 2008 Sahara Unlimited with 45kms on it. By the time it reached 200kms (not 200,000 but 200!), the clutch was consistently popping out. Usually from 1st gear. The noise was unbelievable!

I went to the dealership and advised them of the issue. Needless to say, their suggestion that I didn't know how to drive stick didn't go over too well. In the 20+ years of driving a standard, I had never seen anything like this.

I was getting the feeling they were just going to give me the run-around but then all of a sudden, they said - yup...we'll replace your transmission. Once that was done, the problem went away; however, on occasion, it will pop out but nothing close to as often as it used to.

YVRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #77
rolandthegypsy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi YVRGirl, I suggest , if you are still under warranty to get that fixed. I had the same problem and they changed the synchro mesh. I am almost sure there is a TSB about this particular problem.
rolandthegypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #78
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandthegypsy View Post
Hi YVRGirl, I suggest , if you are still under warranty to get that fixed. I had the same problem and they changed the synchro mesh. I am almost sure there is a TSB about this particular problem.
Yes there is:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m.../#post13902767
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first gear problems , JK Wrangler , jog , jump out of gear , pops out of gear , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.