My jeep pops out of first gear - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My jeep pops out of first gear

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #61
volito
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi

The technical service bulletin just calls for a rebuild not replacement, had mine done, its been fine since.
Can I get a link to this bulletin searching for it TY

As I been having same problems for years and know tranny failed or c,itch and had it towed yesterday. Ty

volito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #62
Zombicon

2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't have the TSB number handy, but my dealer knew about the issue when I mentioned it popping out of 2nd and 4th and offered to do it on the spot.

That they bent one of the parts and had to overnight another didn't help, but it's been fine if not great ever since.

The tech did say that the "issue" was present on manuals since 2008.

Hope this helps.

Peace!
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #63
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volito View Post
Can I get a link to this bulletin searching for it TY

As I been having same problems for years and know tranny failed or c,itch and had it towed yesterday. Ty
Here is a link to the TSB that came out in 2010.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m.../#post13902767
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #64
rolandthegypsy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi guys. I had the same problem, when I was in first gear every so often it would pop out of gear. I brought it to the dealer told them the problem, they took it for a test drive and could not recreate the problem. So they asked me to show them the problem (probably wanted to see how I drive) at first I could not recreate the problem. I drove as I always drive then I was asked by the employee of the dealer(not sure that he is a mechanic) to drive more aggressively and even at that it would not pop out. I was told that if they did not see the problem they could do nothing about it. When I told the dealer's service manager that I saw a TSB on the net, at this point they took me more seriously. They looked for a TSB on their system. Once confirmed they did the work, which consisted of replacing first gear and replacing the SYNCHRO MESH. Since then it no longer pops out of first, so far.
rolandthegypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #65
volito
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb6420

Here is a link to the TSB that came out in 2010.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m.../#post13902767
Mine is a 2011 and not listed on tsb
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #66
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volito View Post
Mine is a 2011 and not listed on tsb
I know, that's why I said it came out in 2010.
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #67
volito
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb6420

I know, that's why I said it came out in 2010.
I will mention tomorrow TY
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #68
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu'sjeep View Post
27k and my jeep has been in the shop for 4 days,they will not replace the trans only replace the syncros and rebuild, has anyone had this done with success
yep, 11K miles on my 2010, works perfect now and used synthetic fluid in the tranny too...u should have em look at your clutch too since it's been a few years, though miles are low...

Theres a few other TSBs for computer reflashes etc, too for our 2010's btw...have em search.. Had mine done in two days, its pretty straightfoward partial tranny rebuild...
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #69
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizLemon View Post
Welp. As of tomorrow I will no longer be a jeep owner. ****ing thing just does not run. They replaced the CO2 sensor and now all it does is buck and stall. I'm done.
Good for you for taking action and not just hoping it will fix itself....for the money people pay for these Wranglers and then when a problem arises and then take it to the dealer and some get looked at if they had 3 heads is totally unacceptable.

Best of everything with your new ride.
BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #70
volito
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volito

I will mention tomorrow TY
Ok need some help here with tech stuff....has problems from day one with getting in gear and popping out. Now truck got stuck in PA and dealer is telling me clutch is burnt and hanging out it cost me around 1000 dollars not under warranty. I asked if my issues can cause this and any TSB bulletins on this they say no and they have no answers why clutch burnt so fast but it's a maintenance about to loose my mind. This jeep is a piece of ****. Any advise please jeep is on there for 5 days. First they say it was the hydro box that controls fluid and brakes and had to order part now they say the guy was wrong and they see clutch prices hanging.
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #71
fxbrry
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had this problem with my 07 Rubicon. Printed out the TSB and took it to my dealer. They couldnt get it to replicate but rebuilt it anyway. Replaced 1st gear and synchros. My extended warranty company paid for it. I was lucky.
fxbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #72
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same thing with my 2010 LEMON edition. Got rid of that thing as fast as I could.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #73
volito
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volito

Ok need some help here with tech stuff....has problems from day one with getting in gear and popping out. Now truck got stuck in PA and dealer is telling me clutch is burnt and hanging out it cost me around 1000 dollars not under warranty. I asked if my issues can cause this and any TSB bulletins on this they say no and they have no answers why clutch burnt so fast but it's a maintenance about to loose my mind. This jeep is a piece of ****. Any advise please jeep is on there for 5 days. First they say it was the hydro box that controls fluid and brakes and had to order part now they say the guy was wrong and they see clutch prices hanging.
Dealer telling me they don't see any for my year charging me for clutch and they going to check pop out and hard to get in some Gears especially reverse. Nightmare wrangler.
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #74
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Our situations sound somewhat similar, my '10 also had a few additional problems, I bought it used and had only 10k left on the warranty. I was able to trade it in and still make out on top. I'm paying less money for my newer Jeep because I durance went down for the new one. I got almost an exact match, but it's a 12 not a 10. I've had much more luck with the new one. If you could fathom parting ways with your jeep, it's an option. Mine had 4 miles on it when I bought it. I've got nothing to worry about for some time to come.

Unread 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #75
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Basically I think I just inherited a lemon. My new ones been much nicer to me. Only problem so far was fixed for free

Tags
first gear problems , JK Wrangler , jog , jump out of gear , pops out of gear , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.