My DIY Triple Radio Overhead Console for JK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My DIY Triple Radio Overhead Console for JK

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
TheDVS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsJunk View Post
You can hit your head if your not careful getting into the jeep but once your seated there are no problems. I am thinking of how to make these to be generic to fit any radio. What would something like this be worth to you guys?
Hi, NOOB here. I'd go the price of the Tuffy overhead ($250?) if it is as equally ez to install and engineered. The double-radio storage and the way you have it angled is what makes this piece unique. You have a winner with this piece.

Just ordered a '13 JKUL 10a. Should be here at the end of May. Cheers all!

TheDVS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

If I understand correctly, starboard is a synthetic lumber-like material. What kind of support does it offer -- will it sag with longterm use/off-road jarring? Is there a way to attach it without drilling -- for example, using the footman loop?

Depending on what kind of "universal" design you come up with (or even offer modular units for specific applications), I'd be interested. I'm as frugal as they come, but I could see this falling in the $150 to $250 range.

2009 JKX - Stock, for now ...
My videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKB...AoLi1Zg/videos
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #33
myblkrubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

diy triple overhead console...whatever happened?

I came across this forum when I was looking for info on an overhead console for my 2008 jk rubicon 4door and then...saw a post about a triple overhead console ...I wanted to mount my cb, and scanner,and would settle for a double, but the triple mount is icing on the cake...maybe a rearview camera so when my wife drives it she can see to back it up like on her minivan.....so,whatever happened to this? Someone several posts back said they joined the forum just for the opportunity to get info on it..any info would be appreciated...one more thing..I noticed he said he had a soft top..I have the freedom top, and want a setup that works top on or off..and doesn't interfere with the latch......why tuffy has never made a double console for the jk yet I can't figure out.....there is more than enough demand for it.....lookinf forward to your responses..thx
myblkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #34
JeeperCreeper95

I want this! Have to have it! Would you be willing to build for any $?! Please! This would be perfect for my jeep, as for I am a SAR k-9 for my county
JeeperCreeper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #35
Aztecdiver

I am loving this setup. Do you have a writeup of how you made the casing for the radio units? I would like to try and make one sense I get more satisfaction out of making things on my own. I would also like to see a writeup onhow you made a custom push button panel. That really amazes me. Where did you get the materials? I sure do appreciate it. Thank you.
Aztecdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #36
ComancheScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDVS1 View Post
Hi, NOOB here. I'd go the price of the Tuffy overhead ($250?) if it is as equally ez to install and engineered. The double-radio storage and the way you have it angled is what makes this piece unique. You have a winner with this piece.

Just ordered a '13 JKUL 10a. Should be here at the end of May. Cheers all!
Agreed.

If I was looking for one, this is the price point where I'd buy rather than build.
You've done a real quality job of design and assembly.
Hope this works out for you.
ComancheScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #37
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

There is a video of his setup on youtube. Just search "youtube oakley jeep". It's a nice setup.
$250 is way too cheap for this custom product. Look at the finish and craftsmanship. I think you could get in the $500+ range. It's custom, not mass produced smittybuilt.

Then again, this is an old thread and I'm sure you have since decided not to go into production.

Great Job!
nathanmilsaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #38
HAFICON
2012 JK Wrangler 

Very be I have been working with a shop building one I though mine was nice think I like this better.
4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom , navigation system , radio

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.