My Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > My Build Thread

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #31
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice. I like that decal on you hood too. I think that it should be standard from Chrysler. One other thing that you might want to consider though, a camera. You wouldn’t need to spend a lot on one, as there are lots to chose from at reasonable prices. That way we can see just how good your Jeep really looks.

1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #32
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^^Yeah hopefully I can get one of them soon, JEEP has priority
Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just consider it part of your Jeep must have accessories. After all, you’ll be snapping pics left and right of your Jeep in all kinds of places including really cool wheeling spots and tech shots to just name a couple. You will enjoy them so much more than cell phone pics.
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #34
Whitefang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Awesome build thread. Whats next on the list?
Whitefang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #35
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefang View Post
Awesome build thread. Whats next on the list?
Camera.
Unread 06-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #36
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Camera and a TUFFY overhead should be putting it on this weekend hopefully. I will wait untill I get to communist Hawaii before putting on lift and tires.
Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
Unread 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #37
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
Camera and a TUFFY overhead should be putting it on this weekend hopefully. I will wait untill I get to communist Hawaii before putting on lift and tires.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #38
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Added the Smittybuilt Gear Storage for Rear tailgate and painted Exhuast Black. Has been a while since I posted been busy but things are still getting put on slowly.
2011-07-03-10.48.47.jpg  
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #39
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well Did some more mods

Wife said no more "MAJOR MODS" till i get back to GA so did this instead. Mod 1 fixed my flat prior to leaving for work yesterday at 0600 was a great wakeup present. And Then did the flare cut mod. My only question is what did you do with the liner in the back and front" Pictures would be great of your liner.
img00032-20110721-0613.jpg   img00034-20110722-1208.jpg   img00035-20110722-1215.jpg   img00036-20110722-1215.jpg   img00037-20110722-1215.jpg  

Unread 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #40
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Man those side steps/armor zap a good 4 to 5 inches of ground clearence away from you.

JK's do not need body lifts like older jeeps did and by doing so you are really adding not needed body roll. I would suggest getting either a 2.5 to 3.5 in suspension lift and you will easily be set to run 37's.

My build:
2011 COD Rubicon Unlimited
2.5 pro flex Rock Krawler suspension
Rock Krawler shocks
Teraflex Big Brake Kit
Teraflex Speedbumps
ACE Engineering rock armor
ATX Ledge Wheels
GY MTR/Kevlar 35's (but ready for 37's hopefully will be here in a few weeks)
S-Pod (one of the best mods)
Rigid Dually LED lights
Rock Krawler Alum Front Stubby Bumper (only 35LBS)
K&N Drop In filter
Warrior Tube Fenders
Mile Marker Scout Winch

Diablosport Trinity tuner (not working till update is ready)
Ripp Supercharger (1/2 installed but waiting on Diablosport tune)
MBRP Exhaust (on order)

Appt. made for sleeves and gussets

Photos of my builds are at Polishpunkoffroad.com
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #41
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
2. Rockhard Engine Skid (Great Product and durable, CONS: Instructions are straight horrible)
I second that on the RH skids instructions. Mine came with a 4 inch by about 30 inch plate that matched the holes in the main plate and was not listed on the parts list - but nothing in the instructions as to what it was for or where it went - so I figured it was something for the entire system and not needed unless also using the RH Transfer skid. Come to find out it's a spacer that goes between the engine plate and crossmember to lower the engine skid away from the exhaust cross over. Without it the e pipe just barely touches enough to make a rattle - but only when the engine is hot or while starting.

And the pictures only cost them printer toner - they are quite worthless otherwise!
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #42
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have the rattling problem even with the spacer. I bought the tranny skid installed that, then put on the spacer, then the engine skid and mine still rattles on my exhaust so I’m done messing with it a pain in the butt moving around all that steel by yourself. I figure when i get my new exhaust i will trim off an inch from them crossover and tuck them up more. I plan on getting a 3 inch life and 35’s with all fox shocks, steering stab, adj control, trackbars and such saving up for the big buy.

Well I installed my VIAIR OBA CONSTANT DUTY SYSTEM today. The system works great. I have to get air hoses made with factory crimps looks better and don’t have to worry about houses blowing off. If anyone knows were to get these made at let me know would be very helpful. So we mounted that tank in the spot shown in photo don’t hand down but maybe 1/4 inch we took 3/4inch off the factory tank legs made our own bracket welded it to the Jeep and then bolted tank to bracket no issues. I ran all the houses as shown in the photo for the pressure switch and the actual compressor line. I used the black lines that were with the kit to run to the pressure gauge and filler end. I installed the gauge as shown in my Jeep my wheel slipped out as you can see when the wind conveniently smashed my knees into my sliders (Painful as you might imagine the words I had for that). I ran the power from my CIG lighter ( IF you do this same location splice into your dimmer control for night driving). I then had to purchase the JeepSwag air compressor bracket for the actual air pump. The bracket it well built but sits close or on some of you brake lines so I put rubber house to prevent rattling and have had no issues. I have since cleaned up the pile of wires in the photo and made it all nice and neat for a clean looking install. I ran the filler plug behind my bumper and made a quick release bracket for it. I couldn’t put tank in the engine compartment since it is the 2.5gal which does fit but you will not get your oil filter off unless you remove the tank. So what do you guy/girls think any suggestions or comments?
2011-07-29-19.23.27.jpg   2011-07-29-19.24.32.jpg   2011-07-29-19.24.54.jpg  
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Today I will be welding for the first time plan on making me a bracket for my HI-Lift to go on back rollbars. Will get pictures up when its done.
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #44
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well got brackets done first time welding did pretty good and coated them with bedliner. Then I used some cotter pins for a quick release type system although I might switch to wingnuts to hold it tighter.
img00046-20110731-1826.jpg   img00047-20110731-1826.jpg   2011-07-31-19.07.21.jpg  
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #45
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The compressor install looks good
I have had air hoses made at a place that sells and services spray painting equiptment.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.