Must order kit to lineup front end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Must order kit to lineup front end

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
oldmanintexas
2008 JK Wrangler 

Must order kit to lineup front end

Took my 2008 wrangler Rubicon in today for my 5 year check up, and oil change , they said my front end was out of line some but they would have to order a kit to line it up, it has 23,000 miles and never been off road the only reason I got it was to pull my boat up the steep moss covered ramp that I use at Lake Texoma. What and why is a "kit" required to line up front end?, that is my question, quoted me $200.00 for kit and front end alignment.

oldmanintexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Perhaps your axle housing is bent and you need off-set ball joints to bring it back to specks.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanintexas View Post
Took my 2008 wrangler Rubicon in today for my 5 year check up, and oil change , they said my front end was out of line some but they would have to order a kit to line it up, it has 23,000 miles and never been off road the only reason I got it was to pull my boat up the steep moss covered ramp that I use at Lake Texoma. What and why is a "kit" required to line up front end?, that is my question, quoted me $200.00 for kit and front end alignment.
That would be a good question to ask your dealer that said you needed it!
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Is it lifted? Maybe they're talking about a camber kit.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm not sure what they're talking about with the kit. I would get a better explanation and look at the actual alignment sheet. The toe is the only thing they can really change so if its not lifted and nothings bent you shouldn't need anything.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandLow View Post
Is it lifted? Maybe they're talking about a camber kit.
Camber isn't ever adjustable.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
oldmanintexas
2008 JK Wrangler 

No not lifted bone stock
oldmanintexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Then you can only adjust toe and something would have to be really worn out or bent to need anything to align it.
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

The ball joints, which by the way is somewhat common for the JKs.
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
The ball joints, which by the way is somewhat common for the JKs.
What he said.....

The ball joints (at least when I purchased them) came as a kit, one "kit" per side.

Side note to other posts....camber is adjustable...with offset balljoints, of which I had to purchase to offset a bent outter "C"....worked like a charm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.