Muffler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Muffler

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 09-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Not when I was looking around, but that was about a year ago. Perhaps I am talking about a different flowmaster muffler? I wanted the one that had the largest internal volume that I could get without going to a 6" diameter round muffler that would hang under the chassis.

Edit: nope, just checked the website - I was talking about a different flowmaster. I think it is the same one that JLC08JK put in his jeep, the stainless one.

Is the Flowmaster Super44 stainless? If so, looks practically the same as the magnaflow I got.

SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, The Super 44 and 40 are available in a 409 stainless steel. They can be found on Ebay for $90 too. The Super Series are 5" thick and the standard series are 4" thick. I've been buying Flowmaster Super 40 and 44's off Ebay for around the same price ($75 - $110) for nearly 10 years. Best muffler around for the money.

If I would have had room for a Flowmaster, I would have put one on my 2 door. Ended up going with the MBRP instead.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Mine is the Flowmaster 40 dual catback and the sound is really sweet/w rap/burble/no drone ever-

It's positioned just forward of the evac can and both tips are 2" outside the rear bumper-

JIMBO
Any sound clips? And no problems with the center inlet on the muffler?
TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nope to both

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMAhead View Post
Any sound clips? And no problems with the center inlet on the muffler?
JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
rpopkin
2013 JK Wrangler 

On this Topic, i have to ask what y'all think about the aftetmarket y-pipe and 360 tube delete???
rpopkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpopkin
On this Topic, i have to ask what y'all think about the aftetmarket y-pipe and 360 tube delete???
Well after a more than a year of phone calls, email pictures, complaints etc, they finally made a y pipe that fit correctly with 2012+ manual transmissions. And after three weeks of exchanging several phone calls and emails with the VP of AFE and others they finally sent me a replacement y pipe, since they refused to refund or return the one I bought over a year ago. Though they tried to charge me another $300+ and shipping to get the new one, and said they would return my money when the other one was returned.

So I'm totally bummed out that the company treats people this way. But they finally made it right. The y pipe is fine. No performance change, just needed it for driveshaft clearance. I may give them more money for a new cat back and the loop delete. I hit that loop last time I was wheeling, and I need to change the exhaust to fit a different track bar.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.