Muffler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Muffler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 09-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
arnnoo_a

Muffler

What's a good muffler to get for a 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara

arnnoo_a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

What is your objective with said muffler?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
arnnoo_a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer
What is your objective with said muffler?
The right word for it is exhaust! I'm looking for good sound like a mean one but at the same time not obnoxiously loud
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnnoo_a

The right word for it is exhaust! I'm looking for good sound like a mean one but at the same time not obnoxiously loud
I got the magnaflow pro series for my 2dr sounds really good super easy install too
shouser45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
arnnoo_a

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouser45

I got the magnaflow pro series for my 2dr sounds really good super easy install too
Does it still have the mean sound while its on idle
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
deftones07
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a mbrp off-road cat-back. Easy install.

I love the sound of mine, it sounds great! has a low growl. Only time it gets extremely loud is when your rpms hit above 3000.

No drone at all. And i get 30km extra a tank of gas since i put it on.

I would suggest this to anyone, i love mine, just keep in mind I have heard of people that it was too loud for them.

20?? ?? 2 Door Stick Rubi Diesel - Next;)
deftones07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Flowmaster Super44 mounted under the floorboards tailpipe straight out the back. Best sounding IMHO.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Solution: Magnaflow SS 2.5", non-offset, 4x9x20" oval muffler; two 2.5" stainless steel band clamps; and a down-turn tailpipe.

Remove whale POS stock muffler. Add down-turn tailpipe to end of exhaust where stock muffler was released. Cut 20" from center of exhaust between chassis strong points. Put in magnaflow muffler. Total cost $120, $150 if you get a stainless exhaust tip. Then replace stock exhaust pipe with stainless as it goes bad.

Flowmaster is great, but twice the cost of the Magnaflow. Each has practically the same interior volume and construction. Virtually same sound and effect, half the price.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius
Solution: Magnaflow SS 2.5", non-offset, 4x9x20" oval muffler; two 2.5" stainless steel band clamps; and a down-turn tailpipe.

Remove whale POS stock muffler. Add down-turn tailpipe to end of exhaust where stock muffler was released. Cut 20" from center of exhaust between chassis strong points. Put in magnaflow muffler. Total cost $120, $150 if you get a stainless exhaust tip. Then replace stock exhaust pipe with stainless as it goes bad.

Flowmaster is great, but twice the cost of the Magnaflow. Each has practically the same interior volume and construction. Virtually same sound and effect, half the price.
I got the 2.5" Flowmaster Super44 for $110 and an extension with turn down for where the old muffler was custom bent for $20.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

You got it cheap. Flowmaster 44 is usually $180 plus taxes and shipping. Either way, splicing an aftermarket muffler inline is the way to go. I'd say if I spend another $120, I can get the rest in stainless and custom bent. That's still less than an MBRP setup.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine is the Flowmaster 40 dual catback and the sound is really sweet/w rap/burble/no drone ever-

It's positioned just forward of the evac can and both tips are 2" outside the rear bumper-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

I put the Banks Monster exhaust on mine. Absolutely love it.
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Anyone got pics of these set ups?
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

YUP

I took the pics (3 years ago),after I added the evap can skidplate and before I added the muffler heat shield, somewhat trimmed in size !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #15
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
You got it cheap. Flowmaster 44 is usually $180 plus taxes and shipping. Either way, splicing an aftermarket muffler inline is the way to go. I'd say if I spend another $120, I can get the rest in stainless and custom bent. That's still less than an MBRP setup.

Flowmaster Super 44's are all over Ebay for $80 - $90 for the muffler.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.