Mudzilla is my Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mudzilla is my Jeep

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Ride is good, was shakey at first but realized lower trackbar bolt in the front was loose. Now it is a lot better but still a little shakey at over 50mph or so but nothing bad. the shocks make it ride nice and smooth. I love the way the jeep turned out.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
Ride is good, was shakey at first but realized lower trackbar bolt in the front was loose. Now it is a lot better but still a little shakey at over 50mph or so but nothing bad. the shocks make it ride nice and smooth. I love the way the jeep turned out.
You should replace them with proper sized shouldered bolts. Jeep undersized the trackbar and control arm bolts and they tend to lead to vibrations and ovaled out bushing sleeves.

Looks good!

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
You should replace them with proper sized shouldered bolts. Jeep undersized the trackbar and control arm bolts and they tend to lead to vibrations and ovaled out bushing sleeves.

Looks good!
I did not know that. Is there a place that sells a set of these?

Jeep looks good! AEV is where its at for dual purpose rigs
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

The rust under that thing looks terrible for 2010!

Synergy and Northridge sell complete suspension bolt kits with shouldered bolts that you should check out. I would strongly considering sleeving and gusseting the front axle with those heavy steel wheels and 35" mtrs.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #20
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
The rust under that thing looks terrible for 2010!

Synergy and Northridge sell complete suspension bolt kits with shouldered bolts that you should check out. I would strongly considering sleeving and gusseting the front axle with those heavy steel wheels and 35" mtrs.
the rust looks worse in the pictures than it actually is. and rust happens pretty quick up here in New England in the winter. They use a ton of salt on the roads. May take a rattle can up there and give it a little coat so it doesn't rust anymore.

do they sell sleeving and gusseting kits? is it hard to do? Im not super new to the jeep world but am to the wrangler world and I am learning as I am going.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #21
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Your Jeep really turned out nice.

Even a “little shakey” is bad; it will only lead to bigger problems. If I were you I would find the cause early on to avoid more costly repairs down the road.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #22
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Your Jeep really turned out nice.

Even a “little shakey” is bad; it will only lead to bigger problems. If I were you I would find the cause early on to avoid more costly repairs down the road.
It is only a tad shakey in the steering wheel when I go like 45 to 50 mph. Steering wheel feels tight though. What might be the cause? What should I check?

Unread 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
mello

Sounds like a tire issue or a tire balance issue. I would rotate tires front to back and see If steering wheel shake goes away. If it does go away at least you will have it down to just two tires or wheels.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #24
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello
Sounds like a tire issue or a tire balance issue. I would rotate tires front to back and see If steering wheel shake goes away. If it does go away at least you will have it down to just two tires or wheels.
The tires and wheels are brand new and just got balanced. Could this still be the problem?

Unread 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
mello

Could still be problem a quick rotate would be a good diagnostic step. They might not be balanced properly or one of them could have excessive road force. One other possibility did you remove the little speed lock rings from studs that hold rotors on during assembly. Most all aftermarket wheels are not recessed for the rings and that will not allow wheels to mount perfectly flush to hub.
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #26
Metalman
2014 JK Wrangler 

Did you make sure the air pressure is the same in all 4 tires?
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #27
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello
Could still be problem a quick rotate would be a good diagnostic step. They might not be balanced properly or one of them could have excessive road force. One other possibility did you remove the little speed lock rings from studs that hold rotors on during assembly. Most all aftermarket wheels are not recessed for the rings and that will not allow wheels to mount perfectly flush to hub.
I don't think I saw any speed lock rings. What do they look like

Unread 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #28
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman
Did you make sure the air pressure is the same in all 4 tires?
Not yet ill have to check that after work. So it's most likely the tires?

Unread 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #29
mello

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89

I don't think I saw any speed lock rings. What do they look like
If u don't remember removing them then they are most still on vehicle. They are round and they twist on the wheel studs to hold rotors on going down the assembly line. They can be stubborn to get off so you would remember. They are about as thick as 2 sheets of paper and as big around as a nickel or quarter.
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

What is the correct tire pressure I should inflate my tires to?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.