Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mudzilla is my Jeep

15K views 90 replies 18 participants last post by  Mudzilla6661 
#1 ·
Mudzilla build thread. :wave: Hi my name is Kyle and I am new to the Wrangler world, but not new to the Jeep world. You can see my build thread for my ZJ in my signature.

So this is me and my new jeep the day I got it:

And here is my build sheet on it:

*B7 Cloth Seats w/Islander Logo
-DD Dk Slate Gray/Med Slate Gray
ACAP Islander Package
AJP Power Convenience Group
APAS Monotone Paint
BAES 140 Amp Alternator
BC2S 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BNBS Electronic Stability Control
BNGS Hill Start Assist
BNMP Traction Control
BNSP Electronic Roll Mitigation
BPTP Hydraulic Assist Brake Booster
BRWS 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CACS Low Back Bucket Seats
CAGS Easy Access Passenger Seat
CDBS Reclining Front Seats
CDHP Driver Height Adjuster Seat
CFMS Rear Folding Seat
CGXS RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
CG3S Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags**
CKES Front Seat Area Carpet
CKFP Rear Seat/Wheelhouse/Cargo Carpet
CKTS Cargo Tie Down Loops
CLMS Sport Bar w/Full Padding
CS2P Freedom Panel Storage Bag
CUFS Full Length Floor Console
CURS Rear Compartment Covered Storage
CWAP MOPAR Slush Mats
DBAC All Automatic Transmissions
DGV 4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans
DHES Command-Trac Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD
DJRS Next Gen. Dana 30 Solid Front Axle
DMEP 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
DRZS Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle
DS7S Conventional Differential Frt Axle
DS8S Conventional Differential Rear Axle
EGT 3.8L V6 SMPI Engine
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass
GCD Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
GCFS Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows
GFAP Rear Window Defroster
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNUS Sliding Sun Visors w/Mirrors
GTVS Swing-Away Mirrors
GW8P Delete Sunrider Soft Top
GXMP Remote Keyless Entry
GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
HAAP Air Conditioning
JA2S Premium Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JCDS 100 MPH Primary Speedometer
JFJS Temperature & Compass Gauge
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHBP Rear Window Wiper/Washer
JJFS Single Low Note Horn
JJJS 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKAS Glove Box
JPBP Power Locks
JPYP Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
KXSS RADIANT SILVER WRANGLER BADGE
K3XS BLACK Accent Color Fender Flares
LABS Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning LP
LCLS Front Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
LMAS Halogen Headlamps
LNJS Fog Lamps
LPSS CHMSL Lamp
LSAP Security Alarm
MBAS Black Front Bumper
MB5S Black Rear Bumper
MFRS Black Front Frame Overlay
MFTS Body Color Grille
MRKP Tubular Side Steps
MT2S Trail Rated Badge
MVCS Jeep Badge
MZ7P Islander Badge
NAS 50 State Emissions
NF2S 18.6 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHMP Speed Control
PQDA Surf Blue Pearl Coat
QQDS Surf Blue Pearl Coat
RC9 Alpine Premium Audio System
RDDS Fixed Long Mast Antenna
REQ Uconnect 230 6CD/DVD/MP3
RSC SIRIUS Satellite Radio
RSUP Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
SBAS Power Steering
SCJP Leather Steering Whl w/Blue Stitch
SDDP Performance Suspension
SHAS Front Stabilizer Bar
SHCS Rear Stabilizer Bar
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBBS Full Size Spare Tire
TBRS Outside Tire Carrier
TT7P LT255/75R17 BSW Off Road Tires
TZGP BF Goodrich Brand Tires
VKXA Black Freedom Top 3-piece Hard Top
WFHP 17X7.5 Alum Painted Satin Carbon Whl
WKBP Matching Spare Wheel
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
XBNP Tip Start
XEES Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
XEFS Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
XEWS 2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks
XE9P Automatic Transmission Skid Bar
XJFS Tethered Fuel Filler Cap
XJGS Non Locking Fuel Filler Cap
XPFS Protective Coating and Remover
X8ZS Seat Parts Module
X81S Instrument Panel Parts Module
X83S Front End Parts Module
X86S Complete Chassis Parts Module
X88S Tire & Wheel Parts Module
X9AP For More Info, Call 888-539-7474
X9BP 1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service
X92S Complete Body in White Parts Module
X94S Complete Painted Body Module
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

I have the AEV 2.5 kit on the way it should arrive today. This thread may not move fast but will try to make it very detailed and make a good looking jeep. :2thumbsup:

See less See more
#7 ·
yesterday I ordered the tires and wheels for my jeep from the local 4x4 shop. I am getting Cragar D-Windows and 35" BFG's with Kevlar Should be able to pick up the tires next week and start the install since I have the whole week off next week for "honeymoon time" cause I am getting married this saturday! I also ordered the Brawler Poison Spider Customs front winch bumper.

#9 ·
yeah thats what I meant MTR's with Kevlar lol good catch. I am trying to make a nice clean build and trying to read others builds and see what they did that I like and what works well. I love the Islander it is a very nice jeep.

My bumper should be here tuesday and tires and wheels should be here Friday or so I will pick the tires up next week and hopefully install the lift next week while I have the week off.

#10 ·
So I will be picking up the tires tomorrow. I have the jeep in the air and have it on jack stands with the tires off. My problem now is that the bolts are on so tight! I think I will have to pick up either an air compressor and air tools or a cordless impact driver. Will the cordless impact driver work ok?

#12 ·
You would have been far better off breaking the fasteners loose with the weight of the vehicle on the ground. Be sure that when you TORQUE the fasteners the vehicle is resting on the tires under it's own weight. I believe AEV specifies doing so in their instructions as well. A list of torque specs. can be found in the FAQ.

Have fun with the installation and if you need some pointers feel free to ask, I am running the same kit.

#14 ·
got some help today from my brother in law and he knows a lot about vehicles, so it went very quick. We got the back end done. No pics of the process but got some pics of the tires and the back done. I love the height with the 2.5" of lift and the 35" tires. will be finishing tomorrow morning so expect pictures. got the stock bumper off too the new PSC bumper will go on tomorrow as well.

#16 ·
Ride is good, was shakey at first but realized lower trackbar bolt in the front was loose. Now it is a lot better but still a little shakey at over 50mph or so but nothing bad. the shocks make it ride nice and smooth. I love the way the jeep turned out.

#19 ·
The rust under that thing looks terrible for 2010!

Synergy and Northridge sell complete suspension bolt kits with shouldered bolts that you should check out. I would strongly considering sleeving and gusseting the front axle with those heavy steel wheels and 35" mtrs.

#20 ·
the rust looks worse in the pictures than it actually is. and rust happens pretty quick up here in New England in the winter. They use a ton of salt on the roads. May take a rattle can up there and give it a little coat so it doesn't rust anymore.

do they sell sleeving and gusseting kits? is it hard to do? Im not super new to the jeep world but am to the wrangler world and I am learning as I am going.

#22 ·
1222 said:
Your Jeep really turned out nice. :thumbsup:

Even a “little shakey” is bad; it will only lead to bigger problems. If I were you I would find the cause early on to avoid more costly repairs down the road.
:cheers2:
It is only a tad shakey in the steering wheel when I go like 45 to 50 mph. Steering wheel feels tight though. What might be the cause? What should I check?

#24 ·
mello said:
Sounds like a tire issue or a tire balance issue. I would rotate tires front to back and see If steering wheel shake goes away. If it does go away at least you will have it down to just two tires or wheels.
The tires and wheels are brand new and just got balanced. Could this still be the problem?

#25 ·
Could still be problem a quick rotate would be a good diagnostic step. They might not be balanced properly or one of them could have excessive road force. One other possibility did you remove the little speed lock rings from studs that hold rotors on during assembly. Most all aftermarket wheels are not recessed for the rings and that will not allow wheels to mount perfectly flush to hub.

#27 ·
mello said:
Could still be problem a quick rotate would be a good diagnostic step. They might not be balanced properly or one of them could have excessive road force. One other possibility did you remove the little speed lock rings from studs that hold rotors on during assembly. Most all aftermarket wheels are not recessed for the rings and that will not allow wheels to mount perfectly flush to hub.
I don't think I saw any speed lock rings. What do they look like

#29 ·
GrandChe89 said:
I don't think I saw any speed lock rings. What do they look like
If u don't remember removing them then they are most still on vehicle. They are round and they twist on the wheel studs to hold rotors on going down the assembly line. They can be stubborn to get off so you would remember. They are about as thick as 2 sheets of paper and as big around as a nickel or quarter.

#32 ·
Do the chalk test...draw a line, make sure it all shows on the road (not a faint or heavy line) when you roll forward and then that's the magic numbah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.