Mudsucking manual tranny - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mudsucking manual tranny

JKS Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 10-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, if that makes you happy--go forit !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEEJ View Post
LOL

We get our money back at the gas station.

JIMBO

JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

You auto people crack me up. Maybe it's just each person's preference to what they want in a Jeep. If 99% of the time I can pick the right gears for water crossings and mud holes then maybe I just have the slight better understanding of my vehicle. But the auto is a good safety net, you don't have to worry about making the right decision before getting into something. For me I love the control I get from a manual transmission. If Jeep ever gets their crap together and offers a DCT or even a diesel I would gladly go over to an auto for the ease of it. But for the time being I love my manual and love that it makes me think things through before just jumping into something.

EDIT: Sorry if I just called auto people lazy. That's not the point of my post.
Unknown303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

You hit the nail on the head--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown303 View Post
You auto people crack me up. Maybe it's just each person preference to what they want in a Jeep. If 99% of the time I can pick the right gears for water crossings and mud holes then maybe I just have the slight better understanding of my vehicle. But the auto is a good safety net, you don't have to worry about making the right decision before getting into something. For me I love the control I get from a manual transmission. If Jeep ever gets their crap together and offers a DCT or even a diesel I would gladly go over to an auto for the ease of it. But for the time being I love my manual and love that it makes me think things through before just jumping into something.

EDIT: Sorry if I just called auto people lazy. That's not the point of my post.
Each person picks their OWN WAY-if they have trouble--thats kinda tough--

I've been driving 4wd's for over 50 years and I've had manuals/autos--I'll never have a manual now--and IT'S MY JEEP !!

JIMBO
Unread 10-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
You hit the nail on the head--

Each person picks their OWN WAY-if they have trouble--thats kinda tough--

I've been driving 4wd's for over 50 years and I've had manuals/autos--I'll never have a manual now--and IT'S MY JEEP !!

JIMBO
See being around for 50+ years is hard work so it makes sense to go to the easier type of transmission to drive...
Unread 10-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, never mind thats it's superior to the manual in Deep snow/sand/rocks

Quote:
See being around for 50+ years is hard work so it makes sense to go to the easier type of transmission to drive...
Yea, 50 years has had a lot of hard work and I've used the manual and auto in Deep snow and rocks--Auto all the way especially in 5 to 10 ft of snow, on SAR missions in the Sierras, so you can just stay fat, dumb and happy with your manual, always question if someone doesn't use whats, YOUR CHOICE !!

I'll bet you have some wheels/tires that everybody MUST use, or your not happy-right ??

JIMBO
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

I miss the allision from my Duramax. Now that was a sweet auto. I wish you could swap a Duramax into a Jeep. That would be disturbingly awesome.
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #22
STxWrangler
2010 JK Wrangler 

x2 on the Duramax....great, light weight diesel that is POWERFUL.
I wonder if it would fit in a JK.....

And the mods go on....
STxWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #23
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, now we're back on the same playing field--

Quote:
I miss the allision from my Duramax. Now that was a sweet auto. I wish you could swap a Duramax into a Jeep. That would be disturbingly awesome.
After Dodge Ramchargers/Power Wagons with the A727 AUTO-I was totally destroyed by this JK 42rle Auto, but all the other plus's my JKU Rubi has and the additional cooling modifications I've made to my auto--

It's a real pleasure to tow/drive rocky hills and go thru snow, no matter how deep --

Of course tires and wheels are a very important part of that--

I'll be leaving my place in Nevada, tomorrow morning and it's been FUN, but I'll come back in a week, I'm just waiting for the snow

You have a great Sunday and be careful if you're wheelin !!

JIMBO
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #24
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

How do you push start an automatic?

To each their own. I love you all. I however, like the simplicity, and thus, reliability of a manual.

EDIT: And, you can push more HP to a manual with less modification.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #25
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would of been more likely to pick an auto if it came in a 6spd that comes with the newer trucks. The 4 spd really turned me off and this mini van engine needs all the help it can get. Even back in 07 people could see that the crawl ratio sux on the autos. I really like being able to abuse the tranny and not having to worry about fronting a HUGE bill when replacing it. Clutches are simple to change out and they are much easier to upgrade.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #26
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

FYI the crawl ratio on the Rubicon, with the 4.10 diff and the NV241 OR Rock-Trac/Xfer case--has the SAME crawl ratio (4lo) of 73/1 manual or auto !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
I would of been more likely to pick an auto if it came in a 6spd that comes with the newer trucks. The 4 spd really turned me off and this mini van engine needs all the help it can get. Even back in 07 people could see that the crawl ratio sux on the autos. I really like being able to abuse the tranny and not having to worry about fronting a HUGE bill when replacing it. Clutches are simple to change out and they are much easier to upgrade.
Have a great night !!

JIMBO
Unread 10-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #27
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm actually looking at upgrading to a 4door JK with an auto eventually for the ease but really have issues with the auto they currently have. Maybe regearing right off the start would make it better for me though...
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #28
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

If you're in 4wd low, and you need to change gears couldn't you just force it into the gear? I know it's not good for it, but it beats blowing up your clutch :x
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STxWrangler View Post
x2 on the Duramax....great, light weight diesel that is POWERFUL.
I wonder if it would fit in a JK.....

And the mods go on....
I think it would be way way to long to fit into a Jeep.. Maybe an unlimited though..
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #30
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Autos are easier to wheel, manuals are more fun to drive. They each have there advantages and disadvantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.