Mud stains on stock fender flairs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mud stains on stock fender flairs

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mud stains on stock fender flairs

Hey does anyone know how to get mud stains off of the fenders? I got a lot of scratch repair to do and detailing to get the rig nice again after my last wheeling trip. Took it to the car wash this morning to get the big mud off of it and I couldn't get the mud stains off of the fender flairs or bumpers. Also what deep scratch repair kits are you guys using. I was thinking the turtle wax kit that comes with clear coat sealer and sand paper and running the mopar touch up paint for the deep ones I have to sand down.

Unread 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

The Croftgate products rock. Use the tire and rim cleaner on all your plastics inside and out they work like magic at lifting dirt out of the textured plastics. No VOC, residue, and if wiped off quickly they don't create too much shine. I also keep their multi - purpose cleaner handy for body panels.
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
The Croftgate products rock. Use the tire and rim cleaner on all your plastics inside and out they work like magic at lifting dirt out of the textured plastics. No VOC, residue, and if wiped off quickly they don't create too much shine. I also keep their multi - purpose cleaner handy for body panels.
Thanks for the info never herd of them. How does the waterless car wash work? I don't think I would risk it on my jeep but I would use it on my bike.
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
NMBruce
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mothers. Back to Black. Will take a 2-3 applications
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops2k View Post
Mothers. Back to Black. Will take a 2-3 applications
That many huh does anyone know why this happens?
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

Nylon brush on the stiffer side and dish soap works really good, also simple green
nhfd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1man2020 View Post
Thanks for the info never herd of them. How does the waterless car wash work? I don't think I would risk it on my jeep but I would use it on my bike.
Nearly all their products come in spray bottles. Just spray it on, then wipe it off. A local detailer showed them to me at a car show, he was spraying it all over the place, inside and out, on a Bentley to highlight how gentle it is. In any case, he said just use a ton of cheap microfiber cloths and you will be fine... even in our cold salt spray frozen winters. Haven't tried that yet and still pressure washer mud off but this stuff is SO much fun to use. Check out the site, find a local store that carries it, spray some into a cloth, wipe down some plastic, and have fun like a kid at Christmas... so addicting!
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.