Mpg? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mpg?

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nor do I hate the JK. With all of the ranting and raving from all of the haters that have posted replies to me and Rocky in this thread, not one person has taken the time to ask us what we LIKED about the JK. Not one!

Rocky and I had the pleasure of driving the JK and all we wanted to do is inform the rest of you, probable future JK owners, of things to look out for. It's obvious to me that all of you have a very one-sided view of the JK and that you don't want to hear anything negative about it. Loyalties are great until they begin to cloud your judgement. JeepinAl, I'm not goping to argue with you. I wouldn't have to restate everything over and over again if people would simply listen. And Karamba, leather seats are available in the JK whether you want to accept it or not. I'll take the word of a Jeep engineer over your internet searching anyday.

With that said, it's not worth any more of my time to discuss this subject any further. I hope all of you enjoy your new JKs, and hopefully I'll see you on the trail, or at the mall, in the future.

Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #32
TheBluePill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Man, you hit the nail on the head. All these people *****ing and complaining about how they turned the JK into a "Mall Crawler", yet it has a stronger frame, better axles, better xfer case, more room, more safety features, a (arguably) better hard top setup, and yet still retains a lot of what makes a Jeep a "Jeep."

Add in some welcomed luxury and you have a vehicle that I bet will embarrass the sales figures of the TJ. Jeep has finally created a Wrangler for the rest of us, that aren't so "hard core", and guess what? Some of us want the power windows, and traction control / ESP, and especially the 4 doors. (They wouldn't have built it if their wasn't a demand.)

As I've stated many times. . . not everyone bases a 4x4 worth off it's rock crawling ability. I'm sure Jeep can afford to lose the small number of "hard core" guys in return for gaining twice as many people that, like myself, weren't the classic "Wrangler" people before hand. We needed more room than a TJ / LJ had, as such we bought a WK, and soon it will be replaced with the '07 Unlimited. . . which is perfect for us. Nice job Jeep!!

Oh, and don't worry about the yahoo's that lose sleep wondering if they should wave to JK owners. Just follow my lead. . . I give a nice one finger wave when common courtesy takes a backseat because of the type of vehicle I'm driving.

+1, And the BEST PART... YOU can buy it ANY WAY you want practically. If you dont want any of the Fancy stuff and just want a Motor, Tub, Frame and 4 Wheels, you can get it that way. You want Leater, CD, Power, Pretty Wheels and Painted Cladding, you can get it that way too. Dont Like the 4 Door, You can still buy it in a 2 door.

I can't beleive people get upset because an OPTION is available for purchase. Its just crazy.

Me, Ill take a Plane 'ol X with a Dana 44, Stick, Soft Top and 4 Doors. Thats what I want and thats what I can get.
TheBluePill is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.