Mpg? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mpg?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Closed Thread
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #16
buddastrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I'm with Rocky. I'm not diggin' it either. But I might consider if it actually got 26 mpg highway, or came with a diesel. The guy took a lot of time to post and give a bunch of info on the JK, and then people get sand in their vag the minute someone doesn't drool over it.

He has actually seen/drove it, so his opinion carries a little more weight than the rest of ours on the JK. I almost waited and bought one. I was thinking the advertised 26 mpg highway sounded good and could deal with the looks for the improved mileage. Now I see the rubicon is basically the same mileage as it was, and I'm glad I picked up another TJ.

Maybe the JK is the fat chick at the jeep dance. JK=Jenny Kraig

Unread 08-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #17
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighaeb
What do you mean he is not too bright. Maybe that is the problem. Automakers know that people will settle for just 1,2 or a 3 MPG increase. 10 MPG would still be crappy for a vehicle this size and the advanced technology that has come our way in recent years. I'd be impressed when the window sticker says 26 city 32 hwy or better. You'll see why I'm saying that by the end of this year.
A 10mpg increase on a vehicle that gets 15mpg is roughly a 65% increase in mpg. That would be a drastic improvement. If only they could actually pull it off

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Unread 08-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #18
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Reswob
Quote:
A 10mpg increase on a vehicle that gets 15mpg is roughly a 65% increase in mpg. That would be a drastic improvement. If only they could actually pull it off
Not everyone buys their vehicles based on fuel mileage. I was at Camp Jeep with Rocky, and I drove three of the JKs while I was there. I'm with him, I'm not overly impressed. It still has the basic looks of what we've come to expect of a Wrangler, but it just doesn't 'work' as well as the TJ IMO. The new V6 is terrible, not nearly as much torque down low as the old 4.0L (and believe me you miss it in a hurry!). The plastic front fenders and grille are pretty lame looking and appear very easily breakable. The new Rubicon comes on 32" BFG MTs stock. Rocky's TJ Sport has a 2" BB, 1" BL, and 32"x11.50 MT/Rs. Yet Rocky's TJ has a 2-3 inches of ground clearance over the new Rubi. That's how much I gained when I put an OME lift on my LJ! And if you own a skid plate company, or wanted to start one, now is your time. Design a good set of skids for the disconnect motor, gas tank, exhaust crossover pipe, front lower control arms (they're still too low!), engine, transfer case, and muffler, and you'll be able to retire somewhere tropical. I said it before in another post, I believe that Jeep made to many concessions on the new Wrangler to appease the mall crawler types. It's simple really--it's going to take a lot more work to prepare a JK for off-road use than it does to than occasionally will take a lot morePeople that want to use these vehicles a TJ. 18" wheels, power windows and door locks, and leather seats belong on the Grand Cherokee, not the Wrangler.
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #19
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob
If you really wouldn't get one if there was 10mpg increase then I'm sorry but you're not too bright... I would kill to have a Jeep that got 25mpg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePill
OWNED!
What is this forum coming to? Someone posts their opinion and you say they're not too bright?

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires

Last edited by Rocky529; 08-17-2006 at 04:17 PM..
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #20
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherkoeeTom
18" wheels, power windows and door locks, and leather seats belong on the Grand Cherokee, not the Wrangler.
This is how rumors get started. As far as I know, leather is not an available factory option on the 07 Wrangler!
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #21
Karamba

Quote:
18" wheels, power windows and door locks, and leather seats belong on the Grand Cherokee, not the Wrangler.
There is no leather and there is NOTHING wrong with having power windows and door locks - that you can still take off. And Rubicon comes with 17" which is the only way to get good some sized brakes in it.

You luddite guys are lame.
Unread 08-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
Ayrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
There is no leather and there is NOTHING wrong with having power windows and door locks - that you can still take off. And Rubicon comes with 17" which is the only way to get good some sized brakes in it.

Amen, brother.....

I am so tired about "hard-core" Jeep enthusiasts complaining that the JK is not a "real Jeep" and that they are concerned about whether they should wave to them as they pass (Amazingly enough, this has actually been a real topic. Anyone reading this forum for any length of time knows I am not making this up. Give me a break...)

It's a Jeep. An updated Jeep. Please deal with it and evolve.
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

This thread started to help me decide if I would get one or not. I like the new and the old, all in their own way, maybe not the YJ but any other wrangler or CJ looks good.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #24
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ayrow Quote:
Amen, brother.....

I am so tired about "hard-core" Jeep enthusiasts complaining that the JK is not a "real Jeep" and that they are concerned about whether they should wave to them as they pass (Amazingly enough, this has actually been a real topic. Anyone reading this forum for any length of time knows I am not making this up. Give me a break...)

Read my post again, maybe this time it'll sink in. No where did I say it wasn't a real Jeep. No where did I say I was a hardcore Jeeper. I don't know about the wave topic, I didn't see it covered in this thread. Stay on subject!

Quote:
scottyc Quote:
This is how rumors get started. As far as I know, leather is not an available factory option on the 07 Wrangler!
Ding ding--try again! Leather is most certainly available (only on the Sahara as I recall) because an engineer I spoke with made it a point to explain to me that a drivers side seat height adjuster is available only on models with cloth seats and not with leather seats. Also, leather seating was brought up in the interior portion of the Wrangler Roundtable meeting I attended.

Quote:
Karamba Quote:

Leather seats--see above. But if nothing is wrong with power windows and door locks, why would you take them off? Enquiring luddite minds want to know!

Everyone that read my post, instead of flaming my response take the time to thoroughly read it and understand it BEFORE you make comments. I merely pointed out the things I'm not happy with as a consumer of Jeep brand products. And don't allow yourselves to be blinded by your sterotypes of TJ drivers, i.e. don't lump me in with the TJ owners that have given you a hard time simply because I drive the same vehicle they do.

Last, I joined this forum to so I could have intellectual discussions on topics relating to Jeeps so lets keep it civil, huh? No more insulting someone else’s intelligence, agreed?
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
Karamba

Quote:
Leather seats--see above. But if nothing is wrong with power windows and door locks, why would you take them off? Enquiring luddite minds want to know!
Because many people do not tow their rig to the trail. They drive it there over a public highway.
They need to do that in safety and comfort - thus you need stability control, ABS, side airbags etc. I will not drive my kids to a weekend trip in an SUV without stability control and good brakes (and I am a darn good driver).

You do not even consider this a possibility - that there are people around you who do not disregard their safety and safety of others on a public road.

The leather - there is no such option indicated on any of the available actual documents. I claim you are full of it - or please produce a link.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #26
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
Because many people do not tow their rig to the trail. They drive it there over a public highway.
They need to do that in safety and comfort - thus you need stability control, ABS, side airbags etc. I will not drive my kids to a weekend trip in an SUV without stability control and good brakes (and I am a darn good driver).

You do not even consider this a possibility - that there are people around you who do not disregard their safety and safety of others on a public road.

The leather - there is no such option indicated on any of the available actual documents. I claim you are full of it - or please produce a link.
I have found no information of this over the internet, but I heard directly from an engineer's mouth that leather seats are offered in the JK. I don't think an engineer would give out false information like that.

I really don't understand where your hostility is coming from... maybe it's a JK thing. I never see attitudes like this in the TJ forum.

I, along with others, have posted their opinion on the JK. Some are negative, some are positive. I don't think you'll be happy until we all say that we will trade in our TJ for a JK in a couple of months.

I just hope most of this "stuff" is optional and you can buy a stripped down JK. If and when I ever buy a new Jeep, I certainly don't want a "loaded" JK.

That being said, I'm sure you'll enjoy the JK if you ever get one.

Unread 08-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #27
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Rocky, Tom........Loved the pics and you had some good info, now please feel free not to invade almost every thread I read with the same opinions you posted in your original threads. I am sure everyone is aware you hate the style and build quality of the new JK. Sorry, the I6 is now gone, the V6 is here to stay, or get replaced itself, stuff happens. The bumpers on your TJ's SUCK. They are tin and plastic, I bet the composite is stronger. Your gas tank is a rock hanger with far too flimsey skid, I am betting the muffler is better to get a hole poked in it then FUEL TANK. Everyone loves the current fenders so much that they cut them off to "flat fender". Hey, I bet you are running a d35 unless you swapped.......now all you have to do is get the tow package.....even in the X. Those 4 doors sure are ugly, and it is SO big, compare your TJ to a CJ5 some time and get their opinion. I have read it all, it has gotten old.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #28
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Al
Rocky, Tom........Loved the pics and you had some good info, now please feel free not to invade almost every thread I read with the same opinions you posted in your original threads. I am sure everyone is aware you hate the style and build quality of the new JK. Sorry, the I6 is now gone, the V6 is here to stay, or get replaced itself, stuff happens. The bumpers on your TJ's SUCK. They are tin and plastic, I bet the composite is stronger. Your gas tank is a rock hanger with far too flimsey skid, I am betting the muffler is better to get a hole poked in it then FUEL TANK. Everyone loves the current fenders so much that they cut them off to "flat fender". Hey, I bet you are running a d35 unless you swapped.......now all you have to do is get the tow package.....even in the X. Those 4 doors sure are ugly, and it is SO big, compare your TJ to a CJ5 some time and get their opinion. I have read it all, it has gotten old.
I won't speak for Tom (even though I could... hung out with him for a week ), but I do not hate the JK. It sure is still a Jeep... it could have been a lot worse judging from the direction they went with the Compass. It still has dual tops, stronger axles, stronger frame, removable doors, fold down windshield, etc. etc. Some nice features are gone, but they are replaced with different ones..some good, some bad.

We are one of the lucky few to sit in a/drive a JK..so we, atleast I, feel like I should keep the JK forum under my watchful eye.

Like I said before, you'll enjoy your new JK.

Unread 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #29
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrow
Amen, brother.....

Man, you hit the nail on the head. All these people *****ing and complaining about how they turned the JK into a "Mall Crawler", yet it has a stronger frame, better axles, better xfer case, more room, more safety features, a (arguably) better hard top setup, and yet still retains a lot of what makes a Jeep a "Jeep."

Add in some welcomed luxury and you have a vehicle that I bet will embarrass the sales figures of the TJ. Jeep has finally created a Wrangler for the rest of us, that aren't so "hard core", and guess what? Some of us want the power windows, and traction control / ESP, and especially the 4 doors. (They wouldn't have built it if their wasn't a demand.)

As I've stated many times. . . not everyone bases a 4x4 worth off it's rock crawling ability. I'm sure Jeep can afford to lose the small number of "hard core" guys in return for gaining twice as many people that, like myself, weren't the classic "Wrangler" people before hand. We needed more room than a TJ / LJ had, as such we bought a WK, and soon it will be replaced with the '07 Unlimited. . . which is perfect for us. Nice job Jeep!!

Oh, and don't worry about the yahoo's that lose sleep wondering if they should wave to JK owners. Just follow my lead. . . I give a nice one finger wave when common courtesy takes a backseat because of the type of vehicle I'm driving.
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #30
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Even a base model POS Hyundai these days comes standard w/power windows and locks, and the lack thereof has probably turned away quite a few potential Wrangler buyers over the years. True, the Wranglers lack of civility is what makes it what it is, but there's no reason Chrysler couldn't up the creature comforts and at the same time maintain the "Wrangler" exterior and off-road capability, and that's exactly what they did. And face it, all the plastic body parts you're complaining about you would replace w/armor anyway if you bought a TJ.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.